A new trading sytem (forum integration) = bad after all?

"
Morgoth2356 wrote:
All I want from the new trading system is in game features. Basically, that's more or less what we have now from the official website (shops) and 3rd party websites/softwares (poe.trade, Procurement) but in game. I want to be able to browse items, make a shop and all that in game. Cross-instances trading would be nice too.

But I agree with OP, offline trading sounds a bit unfair to me. Yes, it's always frustrating when that one guy is selling the item you want but did quit like 3 weeks ago. But it's nice when you can get a really good deal for an item because you are online at that moment and Mr Path of Wall Street is not. Same thing applies for selling your items.

How is it unfair? They would still have to be looking at items and initiating trades. The only difference is the program used to initiate the trade.
Everyone talking about bots being a thread if offline trading was possible.

If I limit number of transactions per account*day and limit trading by minimum level, would that still be a threat ? More shop transactions would be possible of course, but only by online trading.

Explain to me, how would be mass bot trading possible then ?
"
ZeeZ wrote:

If I limit number of transactions per account*day and limit trading by minimum level, would that still be a threat ? More shop transactions would be possible of course, but only by online trading.

Everyone who claims bots would be worse than now want to keep the status quo which is equal to the rich staying as rich as they are, making the prices up as they see fit while the little guy can only work forever to get the orbs to trade with them.
"
"
ZeeZ wrote:

Everyone who claims bots would be worse than now want to keep the status quo which is equal to the rich staying as rich as they are, making the prices up as they see fit while the little guy can only work forever to get the orbs to trade with them.

oh the woes of the poor workin man. tell us how it be Woody G
My opinion:

1. You're not online you don't trade. Period.

2. We need an official GGG tool like poe.trade, because I cant' be arsed anymore to get "player is not online" when it says the person is 23432 times a day when I am in game where I am supposed to trade to progress and I can't be arsed to have my only trading tool being broken or offline when it is so critical.

Anyone thinking an offline tool and the bots won't control the market is a fool. Chinese folks will make scripts to control each items independently within 2 days.
"
ZeeZ wrote:

Mass accounts in a F2P games :p.
I wouldn't expect this 'new trading system' any time soon, OP. If ever.

Chillax.

They've been arguing for 8 years now and most likely still are.

Posted May 23 2013 http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/395941/page/11#p3506513

"
Chris wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

When will the penny drop that the easier trading is, the further the game gets from the H&S genre?

The easier trading is, the more RMT will flourish?

The easier trading is, the less viable looting is?

The easier trading is, the less viable crafting is?

Your core design, puzzles me, Chris. Your further development of that design, worries me, Chris.

I've spent much of six years arguing that trading should not be easy. I still believe that. The way we're making trade easier is not the way you're probably thinking.

One week later one of the other founders announced off line trading was coming.

They are either still arguing or the leads are going in different directions oblivious to one another.
Neither scenario will result in what the OP dreads any time soon.
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:

Chillax.

Posted May 23 2013 http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/395941/page/11#p3506513

"
Chris wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

When will the penny drop that the easier trading is, the further the game gets from the H&S genre?

The easier trading is, the more RMT will flourish?

The easier trading is, the less viable looting is?

The easier trading is, the less viable crafting is?

Your core design, puzzles me, Chris. Your further development of that design, worries me, Chris.

I've spent much of six years arguing that trading should not be easy. I still believe that. The way we're making trade easier is not the way you're probably thinking.

They are either still arguing or the leads are going in different directions oblivious to one another.

As if you could speak for the devs.
"

What on earth gave you the impression I was speaking for anyone but myself?
Casually casual.

"

Do you post simply for the sake of posting? Every single one of your posts in this thread has been completely banal. You bring nothing to this table, and repeatedly ignore arguments when you clearly have nothing to say. Anuhart never said he could speak for the devs. He sourced a link to support his argument.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:

Chillax.

Thanks for the link anu. Though your link (2013) predates my linked reddit post (2014) from Bex/Chris. If Chris specifically mentioned an "asynchronous cross-instance-website trading system", the other devs might have won the argument against Chris, or Chris simply said 'fuck it'.
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info