They're going to nerf crit

one of CHRIS in game character is called NERF.

True story, not even lying.

Also like death bring life, Nerf will bring balance...I hope
Forum pvp
"
lolozori wrote:
one of CHRIS in game character is called NERF.

True story, not even lying.

Also like death bring life, Nerf will bring balance...I hope

As the great Chris said: There is no Nerf in the Void, only Balance. ;)
inb4 all the qq when they add crit immune bosses and crit resistant mobs.
I have a feeling that 1.4 is going to contain comparatively few nerfs. The focus is more on new content.

But MAYBE, just MAYBE... elemental status effects will be decoupled from crit.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
Nubatron wrote:
Spoiler
"
Patrae wrote:
Surely a better thing to do than nerf crit would be to buff RT/other non-crit options?

(Please? Then maybe I can use my RT 2h flicker striker again...)

Could be achieved by introducing something like Cadence (from Grim Dawn), gated by the RT passive, that gives an additional 50% damage every 3rd attack or something?

I think RT has some intrinsic benefits that are consistently overlooked, Flicker Strike not missing certainly is one of them (missing on a skill w/ CD sucks).

Other benefits include predictable leech/LGoH and I've heard it helps w/ desync issues for some (No idea since I rarely experience game-breaking desync).

The one thing I think RT should never do is rival crit builds in DPS. Crit builds tend to require a lot of investment both in passives and expensive equipment, and typically at the cost of being paper thin. RT builds can get quite tanky considering their placement on the tree.

Gating other passives has been brought up though and I personally have always liked the idea (as long as they are not damage enhancing to the point of rivaling critical builds).

Something like:

[RT]->[+20 Strength]->[Elemental Status Effects have 50% increased duration]->[+10 Mana Gained on Hit]->[50% Chance to gain a flask charge on hit/300% More Flask Charge Cost/300% More Charges Available on Flasks]->[Soul Inquisitor Keystone: 1% of Life and ES Gained on Hit with Melee Attacks/5% of Mana Used on Hit]

Would look like a wheel but with only one direction available (clockwise or counterclockwise).

RT has some amazing benefits, and I agree totally that it shouldn't do as much damage as crit based builds. However I do find it leaves me wanting in a couple of areas:

- It has absolutely 0 interaction with Power Charges - except for Mjolner/Romira's builds
- Too much disparity when it comes to damage, RT should certainly have lower damage potential than crit, but at the moment this gap is too large.
- Crit has better sound effects
- There is no cool mechanical interaction (ie - cast on crit)

I'd like to see a couple of gated passives, something like the following:

- 25% chance for your hits to add 25% of physical damage as a random element
- 25% chance for elemental damage to cause an explosion for 50% of the damage dealt

Obviously these aren't quite balanced, but as more of a concept...
"
kinglouis wrote:

I would love that. We have crit damage mobs anyways, why not crit immune or resistant?
They should to buff resolute technique a lot instead of more stupid nerfs...
Crit is basic on any game. Crit has been nerfed consistently and continuously. Crit is fine as it is now. Buff RT or just remove the damn RT from the tree.

Bye
gimme block buff ! the dead character deals 0 dmg ! xD
"
"
kinglouis wrote:

I would love that. We have crit damage mobs anyways, why not crit immune or resistant?

only if we can have some actual crit resistance nodes in tree.
accessible for all classes.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info