GGG is giving up on PvP balance efforts ? ( Recent announcement )

well lapizz, I know atleast 50people ready in std for hld, and then thers a high ammount of others, since I don't know everyone

Also a alot of LLD wont play HLD "cause gear is too expensive". couldnt care less, shouldve farmed then instead of taking years of finally realizing what's op, which have been pointed out by HLDers for years.
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Last edited by Tommie_Sjukskriven on Mar 10, 2015, 11:49:52 AM
"
hauntworld1 wrote:
"

Nerf molten shell, nerf traps, nerf cyclone, nerf smoke mine, nerf EE, nerf shotgun dmg, nerf tempest, nerf cws, nerf ice shot, nerf crit, reduce chill duration in pvp, reduce stun threshold, increase armor effectiveness, nerf ondars, reduce elreons so people cant spam anymore. Really easy balances out of my head that would help pvp in the long end, there are much more to enumerate. Oh and sword and board according to someone.
The more important part is : BUFF BALANCE EFFORTS !

agreed on 100%
100lvl mele pvp QUIT
There was no real effort from GGG to balance pvp in the past. They made a few changes and never cared to look at the results. It's not like it's hard to see what the problems are. There is enough feedback for such a small playerbase, but GGG never listens to any feedback unless it's from a streamer. I don't even think GGG could handle a larger playerbase, as they are already unable to respond to such a small community.

They introduced new damage formula to avoid one-shots (even writing a post about it), but people get one-shotted even more than ever, so as a consequence, the formula would have to be revised since the goal has not been reached. What did GGG do? Nothing.

They introduced premade chars for PvP, everyone complained that they were pointless, drawing new players away from pvp rather than beeing a stepping stone. I never saw a positive post about the premade chars. Not a single reason for them to exist. Did GGG change anything about it at all? No

They added events like FFA which were very buggy, people complained about the bugs. Most of the bugs (like ranking popping up during fight) should be really easy to fix, yet GGG has changed absolutly nothing, they just removed almost all of those events from the schedule. So you can play Blitz everyday..

They focused on LLD because they said it was easier to balance (I switched to LLD because of that reason), but then they failed to follow up with some actual balancing, making me question the existence of this mode. They should have "focused" on HLD, since HLDers were waiting for almost 2 years already. You can't really blame those people if they have given up on giving useful feedback, GGGs behaviour towards them has been disrespectful to say the least. Actually they have always been ignored.

I personally have given up on thinking that pvp will ever be a success in this game. I'm still playing because i have invested a lot of time in my chars already, but if i were a new player, i wouldnt see a single reason to participate with so many issues unadressed. People say GGG is working on act4, but that doesnt justify having not a single person in charge for PVP after they released a big upddate that was supposed to draw a lot of new people in.
"
Xorim wrote:
There was no real effort from GGG to balance pvp in the past. They made a few changes and never cared to look at the results. It's not like it's hard to see what the problems are. There is enough feedback for such a small playerbase, but GGG never listens to any feedback unless it's from a streamer. I don't even think GGG could handle a larger playerbase, as they are already unable to respond to such a small community.

They introduced new damage formula to avoid one-shots (even writing a post about it), but people get one-shotted even more than ever, so as a consequence, the formula would have to be revised since the goal has not been reached. What did GGG do? Nothing.

They introduced premade chars for PvP, everyone complained that they were pointless, drawing new players away from pvp rather than beeing a stepping stone. I never saw a positive post about the premade chars. Not a single reason for them to exist. Did GGG change anything about it at all? No

They added events like FFA which were very buggy, people complained about the bugs. Most of the bugs (like ranking popping up during fight) should be really easy to fix, yet GGG has changed absolutly nothing, they just removed almost all of those events from the schedule. So you can play Blitz everyday..

They focused on LLD because they said it was easier to balance (I switched to LLD because of that reason), but then they failed to follow up with some actual balancing, making me question the existence of this mode. They should have "focused" on HLD, since HLDers were waiting for almost 2 years already. You can't really blame those people if they have given up on giving useful feedback, GGGs behaviour towards them has been disrespectful to say the least. Actually they have always been ignored.

I personally have given up on thinking that pvp will ever be a success in this game. I'm still playing because i have invested a lot of time in my chars already, but if i were a new player, i wouldnt see a single reason to participate with so many issues unadressed. People say GGG is working on act4, but that doesnt justify having not a single person in charge for PVP after they released a big upddate that was supposed to draw a lot of new people in.

Solid Summary. I'd be happy if they jumped ship, put weekly auto-run tournaments with small mtx prizes and just said forget lld "oversight." At least then we wouldn't expect them to balance.

AND GIVE ME MY NAME ANNOUNCEMENTS BACK IN THE ARENA!!!
The arena used to be fun!!
"
Jedi_blr wrote:
"
hauntworld1 wrote:
"

Nerf molten shell, nerf traps, nerf cyclone, nerf smoke mine, nerf EE, nerf shotgun dmg, nerf tempest, nerf cws, nerf ice shot, nerf crit, reduce chill duration in pvp, reduce stun threshold, increase armor effectiveness, nerf ondars, reduce elreons so people cant spam anymore. Really easy balances out of my head that would help pvp in the long end, there are much more to enumerate. Oh and sword and board according to someone.
The more important part is : BUFF BALANCE EFFORTS !

agreed on 100%

Pretty good list
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Biggest irony here is that all of this was already brought up in early season 1 and GGG waits an extra season to make sure everyone experiences how shit pvp is first before finally saying fuck this shit. (in actuality they slipped the noose in 1.3.1 patch which was just before season 2. Now they have pulled the handle.)
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
"
Skyforth wrote:
Biggest irony here is that all of this was already brought up in early season 1 and GGG waits an extra season to make sure everyone experiences how shit pvp is first before finally saying fuck this shit. (in actuality they slipped the noose in 1.3.1 patch which was just before season 2. Now they have pulled the handle.)

it's worse, these things were brought up a year ago, even further back
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Last edited by Tommie_Sjukskriven on Mar 10, 2015, 1:50:31 PM
Tommie I get that HLD have been saying that molten shell was OP for years. But in LLD people used to have 60% block.. I personally had 38% spell block with 30% spell dodge and there was limited people playing/investing in casters. So while yes, molten has been strong forever there has never been as much efficiency as in today's meta.
GGG jay wilsoned PvP here. Diablo 3 suffers from the same neglect. They focused heavily on pvm, wanting giant explosions, million - billion damage crits and other jazz. Never really considered how it'd translate to PvP. Figured fuck it'll we'll leave it be or tackle it later. Well holes too deep and each patch it was dug deeper. Seriously can't balance PvP this far gone. Just need to right the obvious wrongs, the abused specs and do a light evaluation of what's dominating and why...on paper in the numbers, in the options. Not in the player skill because frankly that's a piss poor way to do it. Polish the turd just a bit in the right direction this time and itll have a chance. Get a non bias party who can watch a match and actually understand what they are seeing and determine if its player or spec that's good. Look back 2 years and ask yourselves why bear trap was nerfed but molten shell got better when it already 1shot ppl. Etc etc...etc...
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
MullaXul wrote:
GGG jay wilsoned PvP here. Diablo 3 suffers from the same neglect. They focused heavily on pvm, wanting giant explosions, million - billion damage crits and other jazz. Never really considered how it'd translate to PvP. Figured fuck it'll we'll leave it be or tackle it later. Well holes too deep and each patch it was dug deeper. Seriously can't balance PvP this far gone. Just need to right the obvious wrongs, the abused specs and do a light evaluation of what's dominating and why...on paper in the numbers, in the options. Not in the player skill because frankly that's a piss poor way to do it. Polish the turd just a bit in the right direction this time and itll have a chance. Get a non bias party who can watch a match and actually understand what they are seeing and determine if its player or spec that's good. Look back 2 years and ask yourselves why bear trap was nerfed but molten shell got better when it already 1shot ppl. Etc etc...etc...

non bias parties dont exist.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info