Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

MingPrawn's Broken Cats Toss" ~ [2.0]

"
For the GMP vs LMP, you're assuming you're going to hit with all 5 projectiles. Miss with 1 of them and you're not going to do more damage. It's also about what feels better. When you're standing at a distance throwing out STs before Atziri/clones spawn, LMP is just more comfortable to use. But that's just my opinion.

You don't miss any projectiles when you shotgun... that's my whole point..
It's not uncommon for 1 of the projectiles to fly past as you won't always get a 100% perfect positioning when you whirl into place, but if you can do that, kudos to you.
"
dbols wrote:

I've mapped with him multiple times and this build is by far the most capable coc I've seen. Shatterchuck doesn't come close to its clear speed due to mobility. Spell dps will take a large hit losing both heralds so not really sure what you're getting at.

I've mapped with CoC spec throw as shatter chuck myself. I dont agree with this statement at all. Whirling blades desyncs too much, not to mention adrenaline quicksilver flask makes you run of the speed that of whirling blades. I actaully outran the whirling blades alot of the time due to desync issues.
Sweaty_ballz - Lv 1 solo - Leveling is too easy - Twilight strand for life :)
"
I think you're underestimating the dps gain from the heralds. As well as the shock from Herald of Thunder providing you with a 50% more multiplier, and the extra leech from a lvl 26 Herald of Ice that allows you to leech even without using a cold spell.

I don't know your gear, but as for the gem setup. Purity of Elements? I should stop reading already.

Sidenote, for Atziri I'd use LMP over GMP any day of the week.

The shock from herald of thunder is only a calculated boost for the select single target fights you dont use arc. Seeing as how FP/Arc is undisputedly the superior setup for multi target. The only fight where I used FB/AB was atziri because everything else died instantly anyway, yes even palace dom went down in ~2-3 seconds with FP/Arc. Should be added this was shatter chuck which has higher dps, but yeah... Anyway, as so occurs atziri cant be shocked, her being the main reason as to why you would want more dps, right? I mean who bases their high end gear on poking palace dom down 0.5 seconds faster?

Purity of elements is indeed very helpful if you dont want to spend your suffixes on resistance and want to have options (such as myself) with magic finding properties, example:

Not to mention that this purity of elements is a perfect option to herald of thunder since they are both blue gems. I cant speak for CoC spec throw, but I know the dps provided by herald of thunder certainly isnt needed for shatter chuck anyway.

Ignore the gems, im currently not using it for a CoC spec.

Be it herald of thunder or not, you should one shot packs regardless, keeping this in mind when calculating dps. 100000 dps or 10000000000000 dps; a one shot will always be a one shot.

This is my view on it and I would scrap herald of thunder in a heartbeat.
Last edited by schebab7 on Mar 24, 2015, 5:01:45 AM
"

so you're not running Mortal Conviction anymore?

Also - I noticed that I had also omitted Nighstalker, which is plain stupid.
Gotta spend some regrets now, stupidity is costly.

My gear is kinda shit compared to what you guys post here, but I'm sure I can make it work as I've been playing with coc for the past few weeks with char that was not even made for this build (still need to 6l shav, not sure if I should get Vorici or to try my luck. I'm like half way there with fusings for Vorici)

Spoiler
Last edited by anone on Mar 24, 2015, 5:10:15 AM
"
anone wrote:

LOL obviously that is my mistake. mortal convinction is a must. well in my opinion
"
schebab7 wrote:
"
I think you're underestimating the dps gain from the heralds. As well as the shock from Herald of Thunder providing you with a 50% more multiplier, and the extra leech from a lvl 26 Herald of Ice that allows you to leech even without using a cold spell.

I don't know your gear, but as for the gem setup. Purity of Elements? I should stop reading already.

Sidenote, for Atziri I'd use LMP over GMP any day of the week.

The shock from herald of thunder is only a calculated boost for the select single target fights you dont use arc. Seeing as how FP/Arc is undisputedly the superior setup for multi target. The only fight where I used FB/AB was atziri because everything else died instantly anyway, yes even palace dom went down in ~2-3 seconds with FP/Arc. Should be added this was shatter chuck which has higher dps, but yeah... Anyway, as so occurs atziri cant be shocked, her being the main reason as to why you would want more dps, right? I mean who bases their high end gear on poking palace dom down 0.5 seconds faster?

Purity of elements is indeed very helpful if you dont want to spend your suffixes on resistance and want to have options (such as myself) with magic finding properties, example:

Not to mention that this purity of elements is a perfect option to herald of thunder since they are both blue gems. I cant speak for CoC spec throw, but I know the dps provided by herald of thunder certainly isnt needed for shatter chuck anyway.

Ignore the gems, im currently not using it for a CoC spec.

Be it herald of thunder or not, you should one shot packs regardless, keeping this in mind when calculating dps. 100000 dps or 10000000000000 dps; a one shot will always be a one shot.

This is my view on it and I would scrap herald of thunder in a heartbeat.

the best offense is the best defense. My view on it. I dont need extra resistances. So why wouldnt i use herald of lightning. Im not going back to MF , definitely not after ive sold my perf MF rings and amulet. And the way how why i did this setup is because of the fact that I wouldnt require my items to be "mirrored items" . So it is financially cheaper, not cheap, but definitely cheaper than what you need for an end game shatterchuck. I dont know about shatterchuck but i assume you will require a few "mirrored items" for your beloved shatterchuck to play out well. While this setup can clear end game just as sufficiently; if not even more sufficiently. Oh, beloved shatterchuck; you will always be second to none.
"
nit3mare wrote:

the best offense is the best defense. My view on it. I dont need extra resistances. So why wouldnt i use herald of lightning. Im not going back to MF , definitely not after ive sold my perf MF rings and amulet. And the way how why i did this setup is because of the fact that I wouldnt require my items to be "mirrored items" . So it is financially cheaper, not cheap, but definitely cheaper than what you need for an end game shatterchuck. I dont know about shatterchuck but i assume you will require a few "mirrored items" for your beloved shatterchuck to play out well. While this setup can clear end game just as sufficiently; if not even more sufficiently. Oh, beloved shatterchuck; you will always be second to none.

Not in any way did i dispute "best offense is the best defense", I was merely making a point that there is a cap in an ARPG to how fast you can kill a mob, and when that limit is reached dps past that point becomes unnecessary, which point you can actually reach with the oh almighty shatter chuck. I reached that point, it's a shame if you havent... I mean, considering your sufficiently content clearing almighty broken build, with a genius original twist of using a vagan dagger. I wonder if anyone would have thought of that if you didnt come up with it.

"
nit3mare wrote:
ELE-REFLECT is your biggest enemy

"
nit3mare wrote:
Reflect immune when played correctly

"
nit3mare wrote:
Reliable and strong defense mechanism (no RNG deaths such as with block builds)

By strong defense mechanism you mean the constant flasking needed to counter your worst enemy ele reflect that you are immune to if played correctly? I wonder if any other build can achieve this strong defensive mechanism too. Only time will tell. Delicate system you got figured out there. I'm sure block builds wish they could utilize this too.
"
schebab7 wrote:
"
nit3mare wrote:

Not in any way did i dispute "best offense is the best defense", I was merely making a point that there is a cap in an ARPG to how fast you can kill a mob, and when that limit is reached dps past that point becomes unnecessary, which point you can actually reach with the oh almighty shatter chuck. I reached that point, it's a shame if you havent... I mean, considering your sufficiently content clearing almighty broken build, with a genius original twist of using a vagan dagger. I wonder if anyone would have thought of that if you didnt come up with it.

"
nit3mare wrote:
ELE-REFLECT is your biggest enemy

"
nit3mare wrote:
Reflect immune when played correctly

"
nit3mare wrote:
Reliable and strong defense mechanism (no RNG deaths such as with block builds)

By strong defense mechanism you mean the constant flasking needed to counter your worst enemy ele reflect that you are immune to if played correctly? I wonder if any other build can achieve this strong defensive mechanism too. Only time will tell. Delicate system you got figured out there. I'm sure block builds wish they could utilize this too.

are you mad for some reason?
yeah we all have the thought of making a vagan dagger, but who actually had the currency to back them up to craft one successfully til recently.
yeah, good work digging up my old build quotes lmao. with my setup right now , im actually able to take ele reflect without the need to flask. but players like you should really learn to flask anyways, the dps increase etc, oh wait, soz you only need to 1-click and thats it. bravo
"
nit3mare wrote:

are you mad for some reason?
yeah we all have the thought of making a vagan dagger, but who actually had the currency to back them up to craft one successfully til recently.
yeah, good work digging up my old build quotes lmao. with my setup right now , im actually able to take ele reflect without the need to flask. but players like you should really learn to flask anyways, the dps increase etc, oh wait, soz you only need to 1-click and thats it. bravo

Your insults arent even entertaining. Stop making build guides. You're terrible at it. MingYawn, please.

So what I get out of this, you actually had to rework your build several times for your futile mind to figure out how to counter ele reflect a.k.a flask?

"
nit3mare wrote:

Spec Throw Hits twice( To enemy + Back to you [Meaning more chance to crit; therefore more spell casts])

Seems like you have a tedious grasp of game mechanics in general, you dont seem to know that it's crit per cast, not per hit. Go to PoE school before publically embarrassing yourself.

You got kicked out of school and now you're trying to teach people. Try to be a good student before being a teacher at least.
Last edited by schebab7 on Mar 25, 2015, 6:03:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info