MingPrawn's Broken Cats Toss" ~ [2.0]

"
schebab7 wrote:
Why is the witch tree so different to the shadow tree?
Shadow has shaper, witch doesnt, shadow has dagger crit nodes, witch doesnt..? There's quite a few things that does not make sense to me. Shadow has alchemist, witch doesnt. Influence isnt taken by shadow but by witch, leadership aura effect node, soveregnity reserve nodes. Etc.

The witch tree looks like someone smoked a little too much kush before making a shatter chuck build.

Could you explain please?

the witch skill tree is based on flumie's playstyle , since I dont have a witch.
the shadow's are based on my tree . so yeah.
Hey, as pointed out in the witch topic I don't see why would you take Depth Perception with Vagan dagger.

Also, going by the scion life wheel saves you some points if you're going with VP:

From this point I would move towards Quickness and Coordination or Berserking.
gonna give it some thought in the coming days.

What do you think?

Cheers
Last edited by anone on Mar 23, 2015, 11:12:01 AM
"
anone wrote:
Hey, as pointed out in the witch topic I don't see why would you take Depth Perception with Vagan dagger.

Also, going by the scion life wheel saves you some points if you're going with VP:

What do you think?

Cheers

my current tree is different from the one ive posted up. what i think, i feel low life is kinda wasted if you dont take up the aura effect nodes and what is your crit chance for st ? i get a feeling that it would be rather too low.
"
nit3mare wrote:
"
anone wrote:

What do you think?

Cheers

my current tree is different from the one ive posted up. what i think, i feel low life is kinda wasted if you dont take up the aura effect nodes and what is your crit chance for st ? i get a feeling that it would be rather too low.

the tree I posted is taken from your tree. I've removed like 3 crit nodes so all in all it shouldn't cripple the tree for higher levels as you can still spend the points on crit nodes.
The only thing I've done differently is aura effeect nodes which is not decided yet and going through the scion life wheel to save 2 points.
I'll be able to post more info after the league merge.

Mind posting your current tree?
Last edited by anone on Mar 23, 2015, 5:14:42 PM
"
anone wrote:
"
nit3mare wrote:
"
anone wrote:

What do you think?

Cheers

the tree I posted is taken from your tree. I've removed like 3 crit nodes so all in all it shouldn't cripple the tree for higher levels as you can still spend the points on crit nodes.
The only thing I've done differently is aura effeect nodes which is not decided yet and going through the scion life wheel to save 2 points.
I'll be able to post more info after the league merge.

Mind posting your current tree?

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAUEI8vSxGRXyMNg5Ioi5d8nBSidNw1WNDRwby4V9q2-f_3iT951RRR42_BbXC7LTFf8YRlnBWkBuaE9vUwcWP-uwY8h1knev1uZPDCS9v2RNwu3vXwfOio7jKO3wPxLQMkycc3A186rpXySj68-oqC4MJRnFvnocTnKR3B_nogsfGnhB_DH2PRqcIuJPr7rb696aOZB0UZp760hcvJLBCo4CkcqmsqlnzwBqGYDpSDjwUcfjr6hj3MjbopzAB55_LhX0WQEyzLR-VIGr6DlxFftteUDA1uR1PpytBlq6z0PWQVRo4
Ok I decided to make slight improvements to the build so here you go.

First of all is the gem setup -
I personally used

reduced mana-haste - purity of lightning - purity of ice (4l)

immortal call - enduring cry or increased duration - cwdt (3l)

blood rage - enhance - 20/20 blood magic (3l)

gmp - spec throw - pcoc - coc - (arc / freezing pulse for clearing maps etc and fb / ab for single target) (6l)

empower - discipline - reduced mana - herald of thunder/ice (4l)

whirling blades 0/20 - purity of fire - vitality - reduced mana (4l)

I found this gave me much more survivability at practically no cost through es and resistances

Then is the tree, I used scion which was different but here is an example of a tree i would use for witch (you can remove unwavering and use lioneye's paw boots if you want and add stat nodes instead of other nodes)
http://poeurl.com/zhYb961

and last of all is the gear

I personally think the "hits can't be evaded" on dagger is just a huge stat waste. you might aswell get something such as accuracy on your gear instead seeing as though most high end / mirrored es gear has it anyway , also when you skip the hits can't be evaded dagger you can buy a dagger such as pandenomium etcher which has quite a bit more damage than the current on ming is using.

anyway overall out of this setup i get a lot more survivability without any damage loss. if you wish to discuss this further pm me in-game @Qwixtuz and I'll reply if i'm not busy.

Update: Edited the gem setup due to mistakes and also you can change a gem for purity of elements if it's needed due to lack of resistance.

Last edited by Littsint on Mar 24, 2015, 2:57:56 AM
Also instead of wasting stats on gear with life gain on hit etc. I would rather go for gear such as

(as an unset ring possibly for rf)

and I also find the scold's bridle is a huge loss of survivability for a slight boost in damage.
Last edited by Littsint on Mar 23, 2015, 8:58:43 PM
"
Ok I decided to make slight improvements to the build so here you go.

First of all is the gem setup -
I personally used

reduced mana-purity of elements - purity of lightning - purity of ice (4l)

immortal call - enduring cry or increased duration - cwdt (3l)

blood rage - enhance - 20/20 blood magic (3l)

gmp - spec throw - pcoc - coc - (arc / freezing pulse for clearing maps etc and fb / ab for single target) (6l)

empower - discipline - reduced mana - haste (4l)

whirling blades 0/20 - purity of fire - vitality - reduced mana

I found this gave me much more survivability at practically no cost through es and resistances

Then is the tree, I used scion which was different but here is an example of a tree i would use for witch (you can remove unwavering and use lioneye's paw boots if you want and add stat nodes instead of other nodes)
http://poeurl.com/zhYb961

and last of all is the gear

I personally think the "hits can't be evaded" on dagger is just a huge stat waste. you might aswell get something such as accuracy on your gear instead seeing as though most high end / mirrored es gear has it anyway , also when you skip the hits can't be evaded dagger you can buy a dagger such as pandenomium etcher which has quite a bit more damage than the current on ming is using.

anyway overall out of this setup i get a lot more survivability without any damage loss. if you wish to discuss this further pm me in-game @Qwixtuz and I'll reply if i'm not busy.

I wouldnt call it improvements.
your just running the build without herald of ice / thunder. so damage wise, you wont be near my deeps. 100% acc does make a major difference. and I wouldnt call this setup and tree an improvement from mine. As it always been for me, the best defense is the best offense.
"
I wouldnt call it improvements.
your just running the build without herald of ice / thunder. so damage wise, you wont be near my deeps. 100% acc does make a major difference. and I wouldnt call this setup and tree an improvement from mine. As it always been for me, the best defense is the best offense.

So you're telling me with that setup you can facetank with no dodging involved? and when do you ever need 100% hit chance honestly its a huge waste. herald of thunder / ice isn't even needed..

The whole point of a spec like this is to facetank and shotgun them with GMP to do even more damage. not run around dodging and wasting dps potential, look at shatterchuck as an example.
Last edited by Littsint on Mar 23, 2015, 9:22:54 PM
Calculate this for example to determine GMP shotgunning damage..

Equipt GMP and get arctic breath dps and times it by 5 because of the 5 projectiles.
Then get fireball dps and times it by 5 because of the 5 projectiles.

Now do the same with LMP

overall you will realize when all projectiles hit the target it does more dps. so therefore when you stand in the mobs face correctly all 5 projectiles will hit without fail you will do more dps.

So basically from these improvements you gain damage and survivability so I don't really see your point?
Last edited by Littsint on Mar 24, 2015, 2:56:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info