question (again) about freeing player names

"
Gary_GGG wrote:
If you email support@grindinggear.com and we can change the character name for you. You won't be able to use a character name in any league if a character by that name exists in any other league.

The character with my account name as its name has been a level 2 marauder for well over a year. Using a similar policy as the level 25 to trade currency/uniques, would it not be a good thing for the current player base to free names of characters that are under level 25 for accounts that haven't logged in for over a year? This type of process has been done in other games and often a company will give several weeks notice and just require a login to the website to maintain their character names.

In my particular case, the person created their account 3 years ago, last logged in 2 years ago and hasn't been back since.
CharanJaydemyr:some people need to really rethink how they spend their money....I will trash this item if I ever find it on principle...I've seen much cleverer "troll" items get turned down, so I guess GGG gave up trying to enforce that one. Not GGG's finest hour.
poeurl.com/bD4E
"
RichMoney wrote:

The character with my account name as its name has been a level 2 marauder for well over a year. Using a similar policy as the level 25 to trade currency/uniques, would it not be a good thing for the current player base to free names of characters that are under level 25 for accounts that haven't logged in for over a year? This type of process has been done in other games and often a company will give several weeks notice and just require a login to the website to maintain their character names.

In my particular case, the person created their account 3 years ago, last logged in 2 years ago and hasn't been back since.

same case for me, ggg support were so nice to email that guy, he/she didn't respond. then ... nothing happened.
i would already be happy if they would free player names which are equal to account names owned by other people on request.

"
Boem wrote:
WTS names, 100 exalts each. I see an opportunity :3

freeing the account names by getting them deleted would be an option, yes.
but that would still include the risk of the other account accusing me of bribery ;)
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I've got dibs on TurboAnusBlaster9001

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info