Unlock code not received

Hi, I've tried twice to resend the email, but none has arrived - I've checked my spam folder and there's nothing there

Thank you
Same thing just happened to me, not getting unlock code email.
Here too
same here
just got the email works fine.
third time in the last 7 days where i cant play, because the unlock mail somehow decides to come more than 12 hours late. Sometimes it works, but when i cant play when i want to play it just sucks.
Make it optional or put the stupid google auth in front of it
IGN: Hamstaxo
Same here, cant Login and no Email arrived
While this forum does encourage making new threads, it never hurts to check for recent ones on a problem. In this case, you would have found this thread with a GGG explanation and a workaround until the issue is resolved with the providers in question. Short version: Email Support (support@grindinggear.com) and they'll send you a code from an alternate address that seems to be working better or via PM.

So, sometimes it actually makes more sense to check and maybe bump an existing thread instead of making your own. You could already be playing instead of waiting for replies. ;-)
In addition to what Alysma said, don't blame your email provider problems on GGG.

Please get the facts first and understand that the issue with unlock codes has little to do with them, and a lot to do with crappy providers that are throttling or just plain flat out failing to deliver emails. It's not uncommon sadly, but it doesn't make it a GGG issue.

There's nothing wrong with their system, or the unlock codes being sent. They're being sent fine. The problem is that they are not being received.

I recommend getting a better email provider specifically for your PoE account (like a gmail address).

The reason I like gmail for PoE is that GGG also uses gmail as a provider, so the emails are delivered instantly to other gmail users. Gmail also has a fantastic security implementation called 2-Step Verification which protects the email account from outside access, thus also protecting your PoE account by extension. There have been cases where user's email address has been compromised and even with the unlock code system, their accounts were accessed and cleaned out. With the 2-Step Verification, it basically makes that impossible.... even if they know your email password.

Good luck.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info