1.3.1c Patch and Answers to Developer Q&A

Great Q&A!

a big fan.
Impressive!
Hi

Chris great answers to the questions but how about these questions?

Forum moderation, Why so inconsistent? Why are Forum Mods power mad and allowed to remove whatever they want EVEN if the post is following all guidelines? Should forum moderators be allowed personal interpretation of the forum rules that they follow?, thus allowing them to remove posts that are in compliance with the rules dictated for forum usage?

But I doubt anything will come of these questions since it is has been well noted that Chris uses Reddit more then the official POE site for conversations, I wonder why?

- REMOVE WHAT I WRITE I DARE YOU GGG-

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
Last edited by Finkenstein on Feb 25, 2015, 4:02:55 PM
"
Finkenstein wrote:
Hi

Chris great answers to the questions but how about these questions?

Forum moderation, Why so inconsistent? Why are Forum Mods power mad and allowed to remove whatever they want EVEN if the post is following all guidelines? Should forum moderators be allowed personal interpretation of the forum rules that they follow?, thus allowing them to remove posts that are in compliance with the rules dictated for forum usage?

But I doubt anything will come of these questions since it is has been well noted that Chris uses Reddit more then the official POE site for conversations, I wonder why?

- REMOVE WHAT I WRITE I DARE YOU GGG-

cheers

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1204663/filter-account-type/staff

specifically this part
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Consistency is something that we strive to achieve but it can be a tricky issue to tackle as a portion of moderation is based on staff discretion.
Last edited by almostdead on Feb 25, 2015, 4:45:02 PM
Thanks Chris your awesome for answering my question. Even if you said it wasn't fair Question. haha meaning the gear set items i was just curious, so far this game didn't have any compared to others, but since I been playing from closed beta back in 2011 I like how the game has progressed and enjoyed playing even with the lag problems.
rawrawr
I'm really pleased to read a lot of the answers and thank you GGG for putting in the effort.

I am, however, very, very, very disappointed to read this:
"
What's the state of trading improvements? Are they gonna be ready for expansion release?

I don't have anything to announce about trading improvements at this stage.

I'd meant to pose a question about whether GGG is happy with the liquidity of lower-end items and the ability of 'newbies' to gear up, but got busy doing other things. One of the most frustrating things about trade is that it is basically functional only after a certain cost price (generally, an alchemy or higher), but with the flooding of the market with levelling uniques, it's become more and more difficult for a new player to get a basic set going. I personally won't stop a map to trade anything under an alch; but I'd be happy to sell 5 things to a new player for an alt each (or less) if the process could be better automated.

That would assist me not very much in making money, but it would make life a *lot* easier for newbies, who could be buying up a beginner set for even 5 transmutes. The above suggests that you've all but given up on a better system. All I can do is hope you're being as obtuse as possible knowing you've got something life-changing to announce.
Lovely, lovely reading. Thanks for the compilation, it did answer all my questions.
twitter.com/snoazll
You spoil us with stuff like this, other devs can't live up to your example
When I kill a man he stays dead.
'It takes the no-life players about 2 months to reach 100, are you happy with this balance?'
FTFY Chris
Albino rhoa feathers wasn't in this post...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info