1.3.1c Patch and Answers to Developer Q&A

GGG best company! Take my money!
Very interested to see what the melee changes will be.
Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!
wow, so many answers, tyvm GGG <3
go to work, get married, have some kids, pay your taxes, pay your bills, watch your TV, play PoE, follow fashion,
act normal, obey the law ... and repeat after me: I AM FREE.
Id like to congratulate chris on finally making a post larger than some of my extreme waffles, and thanks mate for taking the time to do this i found that a great read and am really happy/excited about some of the information given.

I must warn you though that I have a suggestion post thats been brewing for about 6 months now that may well retake the crown of most overburdened epic textwall on the forums.
"
Are higher level armors going to be introduced into the game? If they are introduced into the game, does that render our current end-game 6-linked valuables less valuable?

If new high level items were introduced they could indeed render current end-game items less valuable (depending on their relative merits). This is something we're very careful about. If we do introduce such items it'll be after a lot of consideration. We'd be aiming for them to complement rather than replace existing choices.

Have you considered the possibility of a recipe which consumes a 6-link plus some currency to transfer the 6-link to a different/higher level item of the same type?

For example, you're clearing a map and you find a 6-link War Plate. There's really no way to make the item end-game viable, save for the fact that it has 6-links, which forces you to choose between useful defenses or the utility of a 6-linked item.

Would it hurt the economy or design of the game any to allow a player to consume the 6-linked War Plate and a number of Jeweler's Orbs and/or Orbs of Fusing, enough to matter but significantly less than probability should demand, to transfer the 6-link to a Glorious Plate? Restrict it to not only the same item slot, but also the same defense type, so that same 6-linked War Plate (Armor) can't be turned into a 6-linked into a 6-linked Assassin's Garb (Evasion). This would give a reasonable path, particularly for people who play mostly or entirely self-found, to upgrading their gear as they progress, or as better base items enter the game.

"
Will there finally be an option for remove-only tabs to delete all items in them?

This sounds good at first glance but is a very dangerous feature. We don't support any form of restoring from player mistakes, so if a player misclicks and destroys all their items, our customer support department wouldn't be able to help them out.

What about a deletion stash tab, the sole purpose of which is to act as a destruction tool? This would allow you to control-click items which you do not want out of your stash, switch tabs, quickly control-click the items into the clearly, brightly labeled destruction tab, and then delete the entire contents of the tab after accepting a warning (or two (or three...)).

"
Clicking DELETE will destroy all items in this tab.
{DELETE?} - {NO, I WANT THIS STUFF}

Then,

Are you sure? These items will be gone forever if you click DELETE.
{DELETE?} - {NO, NEVER MIND, I'LL KEEP IT... FOR NOW}

Then,

Okay, for real this time, everything in this tab. Gone? Poof? Destroyed?
{DELETE!?!} - {NO? NO?! THEN WHY DID YOU ALREADY CLICK DELETE TWICE?!}

And finally,

DELETED!!

Making this tab a microtransaction would not only make it a revenue-friendly venture in terms of dedicating programming time to it, but it would also ensure it would not accidentally be used by new players or people who do not want to delete items. I imagine a decent percentage of the dedicated player-base would purchase this as a reasonably priced microtransaction, and those who purchase it will undoubtedly (and necessarily) accept the risk involved in deleting items for which there is no recovery option.
Last edited by antiganson on Feb 25, 2015, 12:03:11 PM
Sweet Black Baby Jesus, I salute you Chris for taking your time (must be slow day at work eh? :P ) and answering million questions but sometimes less is more. Try to answer the most important/frequently asked questions instead of tackling all of them at once. Couldn't make myself to read it all :P

What was it about "CwDT Setup" being nerfed? Wat, why, when? I'm using it in my current build, it's not that great to begin with, why it's suppose to be nerfed? ;d
Life's a Game
Last edited by ArcRaijin on Feb 25, 2015, 1:31:24 PM
Love the answer to the "Beyond microtransactions" question.

Ty Chris for being faithful to the concept and to yourself, personally and as a company.

The outcome of such integrity is this outrageously good game! Long Live!
"
My brain.

This.

It was an interresting read, lots of nice stuff to some still.
Gief new Support Paxx Nao!!!
It was very enjoyable reading through that Q&A. Great work :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info