Developer Questions and Answers

Dear GGG,

Thank you, for taking the time to hear what we have to say. This is rare and should be applauded! Not to mention the wonders of "the word of mouth" marketing that follows such policy decisions.

Anyways, on to my question: One thing that Bugs me is the face that, lets say I've defeated Dominus in all difficulties. What stands out is that no one from Sarn or previous chapters act, look, and talk and as though their world is better to a degree. Except for Dalia, say a word about your exploits. As an example, It would be nice to see Nessa go from rags to a proper dress as you open up the path to act 2's city.

Basically, the player fought back the nightmare, saving these people. Shouldn't it show? Wouldn't all the NPCs be absolutely thrilled for exploits in further chapters? I know I'd be.

I completely understand that voice acting is very hard on the wallet, but I'm pretty sure that the rest of the community wouldn't mind written content (all the writing for voice acting is amazing anyway) on it's own until hiring voices become available. - I also understand that there is the option of making things invisible to certain players instead of making new instances of maps for those who I speak of...

In conclusion; my question is paragraph 3.

Thank you for your time and consideration,
Esmeralda
You are nerfing solo player farming posibilities prolly with every patch, last league 350 IIR was enough to get all rare items from piety/dom, this league with 350 IIR you get around 40% blue items, and with 420 IIR you get like 20% items as magic. So basicly you need 500 IIR to get those 13-15 rare items from piety/dom.

And now we get Greed embrace which will become mandatory for people that want to farm, meaning cap on mf will be pushed or already is even higher.

Just to get that kind gear for mf-ing with enough survivability and damage takes A LOT of time and A LOT of currency in temp leagues.

Why dont you show some mercy to solo players?

Why do we need to party up for anything (maps, boss runs, master sharing dailies) just to be able to be effective?

Do you really think its smart that solo player need to get 500+ IIR just to be able to farm last boss?

1) as you add stuff to the game, improve tree and skills, it continuosly drifts to be easier (talking about the core game). I realise "nerfs" are not approved well by community. Also, ignorant people on forums tend to recognize lot of other things as "nerfs" (even some buffs)

Im reading the forums for long and know (unless youve changed your mind:)) that you dont want the game to become braindead easy (like the modern trend is).

so how do you plan on addressing this issue?

2) you add 4th act while keeping cruel difficulty (from what Ive read). How do you solve related issues? slower leveling? maps starting from higher level? new higher level affixes? existing high level std characters with missing quests? etc
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Hey Chris I'd like to know more about cosmetics and possible micro transactions.

1) Would you consider having alternate art race rewards drop in the core game?

As of now some of the great arts are only available to the top end racers and to very few who can afford them. They make great collector items but they are limited to a very small population. My suggestion is to base their drop rate off of the amount of points need to acquire them. Eg. Alphas Howl requires 500 race points to achieve, so every 1 in 500 Alpha's Howls that drop in game will have alternate art. It would give players another kind of drop to look forward to and make these race rewards more open to trade. It would also make it more worthwhile to put time into the alternate art for the developers and potentially increase stash tab and skin transfer sales for us collectors.

2) Could we get the ability to use skin transfers across different leagues? Many people have asked for this before but I have never seen a response from GGG.

3) Will we ever see armour dyes available in the shop? This would add a lot to player customization if we could change some of the colors on our gear.

I love cosmetics and would like to see GGG making more $$$.
Unique 3D art- http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/342452
Will you ever fix remote mine ?
Hello,

At the beginning I would like to apologize if some of my questions have already been asked.

1. Trading system

Could you let us know as to the future developments and a rough timeline regarding the trading system?

I would love to have the ability to trade with people from completely different time zones without having to wake up at say 3 a.m.
Would you consider introducing a couple of special trading stashes in hideouts where the counterparty could come (even if I am offline) and unlock 'their' items by filling special part of the stash with the required amount of currency we agreed on beforehand?

2. More end-game variety

Is their a chance of increasing the number of high level maps any time soon?

I have noticed that after I reach level 90 the fun I have playing starts to wear off. I suspect it's because in order to increase my expierience level noticeably I have to run at least 76 maps, which leaves me repeating the same couple of maps and bosses over and over again which unfortunately gets quite uninteresting after some time and I just stop playing. :(

I was wondering if it could be possible to provide a mechanics that would allow people to run other maps but with higher monster level. For instance if you put into map device a 78 map like Palace and say a 75 map like Necropolis plus a orb of fusing you would be running a Necropolis but as a 78 level. (...and if you get a 'two unique bosses' mod you could have to fight both Merveil and Dominus - that might be quite entertaining ;) ).

3. Guild hideouts

Is there a chance you will be introducing special hideout common to all guild members?

4. More diverse racing

What changes to the racing are you planning for this year?

Would there be any chance to see any of the following:

- races starting at later stages of the game (e.g. Act III Cruel) or
- maps full clears / boss kills with predefined items like in descent championship or
- timed races but with the format changed from who kills first into say 24h event where racers are ranked based on the shortest time it took them from creating a character to killing the boss (with stash resets for each character).

5. Act 4

This might be the most popular question but is there already a date set for the release of Act 4? (and could you share it?)

6. Subscription-based support

You continue to create one of the most enjyoable games I ever played and as I would like to support your efforts on a more permament basis I wanted to ask if you would consider introducing some form of subscription-based payment plans where you can charge me say 5, 10 or 20 bucks each month? (without me having to go each time to your web site and fill the form).

Best of luck
Will GGG consider getting rid of useless pres/suffs? 4 life received per second destroys every piece of gear it winds up on.

Can you please confirm that you leave crap like that in the game to reduce the chance of good rares?

Would you consider a unique - maybe a consumable unique - to be used while crafting - 'during xx effect, only craft tier one mods'
It is a chance to change graphic engine to be more on time? We have 2015 you know?
IGN: DarkMorgana PinkMorgana
My questions are pretty basic, trying to keep em short and to the topic of each.

1) When alt art demigod's strides,cloak of flame,tabula rasa and other items we've been waiting for year and a half or more getting their 3D arts? I can understand if S10/S11 wouldn't have 3D arts, but S2/S4 ..seriously?

2) When's the first unique fish coming and which supporter designed it? or will GGG gonna make it?

3) When will you tear down the Pay to Hoard system, under which not paying people are severly discriminated and restricted to measly 4 stash tabs while many payers often have 50 or more. There should be some sort of system to give a chance for non payers to obtain a few extra stash tabs. I'm not even thinking about 50+, that could remain payers exclusive since it brings so much income to you guys, but making 5 or 6 tabs instead of 4 could help people a lot since currently 4 stash tabs restrict em from keeping semi-decent items in stash or going after vendor recipes.

4) Koala ever coming back atleast temporarily? was it just single-day offer and you created it only for the sake to sell it for 24 hours.. sheesh 3D artists would be better off creating art for alt art items then.

5) Since every helmet already got unique 3D and 2D art which piece of gear is next on the list for it? Think weapons of chest armour deserve it most but that seems like quite a large task, so you could be better off with either gloves or boots.

6) When will you properly balance LLD PvP?!!Currently multiple traps bear trap and the puncture trap are insanely OP, could alteast make that by supporting em with multiple traps it would reduce the time of immobilization / degeneration. The situation is lamentable concerning stunlock,cyclone and tornado shot builds too.Will anything be done about them?
and what about make spark more playable ? it's just a totem spell,impossible to play it self cast

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info