Developer Questions and Answers

this is not a hate post just my overall opinion of the HC leagues overall
don t get me wrong i love the game play it often and spend money on it but the HC leagues
are getting worse and worse every time

please don t suggest playing SC to look at the SC league mods
its a waste of time because
1 i get bored quickly cause no thrill and you can die with little penelty
2 economy gets really bad after short time
3 the currency get to SC where only few of my RIP chars are and i don t play
4 i even tried it in torment and look at point 1 again ...

now that we got that out of the way
here my questions ;
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

question
is there any possibility to get a HC challange league with good/nice/risk vs reward/ mods which make FUN ?

i mean come on

anarchy vs ons

exiles
risk vs reward and one of the best mods till now
basicly you can get loot even some nice rings but when an exile is too difficult (rare case)
you can skip it

ons
ya lets make a little turbo ... just boring without any idea no risk vs reward or intresting mechanic there

domination vs nemesis
domination
got the shrines which again was a very intresting mechanic risk vs rewagrd again not in form of loot but a buff

nemesis
was ok i guess nothing special no risk vs reward here

ambush vs invasion
ambush
got the chests which were to rewarding at the start especially carto and arcanist
but now are one of my favorite mechanics out there
so we have risk vs reward and an intresting new mechanic

invasion
was the league i had most fun dispite some bosses beeing cheap 1 shots at the beginning but even if some were OP or not fair you could skip them in most cases and do your map the problem here is BIG risk no reward =/ the idea mechanic was nice tho ...

rempage vs beyond
rempage
pushed you for the stacks so u had to go fast for the stacks no risk VS reward here
more a risk vs cleerspeed league but an intresting mechanic for a temp league

beyond
ah what should i say... one of the most annoying leagues at the begging the demons were so tanky and strong every 3 packs you had to moove oon sometimes skipping blues
nearly no fun till balance and after lv 70-80 when your char gets the gear and overall more powerfull very annoying league with nearly no rewards

bloodlines vs torment
torment
again a very nice idea with the ghost posessions the KI is mehr but you are the one making the choice here more loot = more risk in most cases

bloodlines
first temp HC league i skipped after 1 day !!! i thought that it can get only better after beyond but i guess i was wrong
for me its just hey lets take the blues which make a big chunk of EXP and make them annoying... and please keeper of the trove does not make up for it
blues are just annyoing slowing your clearspeed down
p link , necrovigil , otherwordly... no risk vs reward here for me its annoying vs nothing
and the worst is its every blue pack so its not like in invasion you can skipp it if you
don t want to do it you are forced to it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
suggestions
1 HC is not only about beeing hard be already have the deth penalty deal with the dsync
if you want to make the content much harder give it a reward or let the player ( like in invasion) be able to skip it if too challanging

2 you could make the leagues swich mods after 1 month and than back after another so players could experience the league mods without changin league and building wealth again

3 you could make 4 leagues like HC torment/bloodlines SC torment/bloodlines
i know it would devide the playerbase even more but hey i play HC now with like 20-30 players tops and would prefer that over no fun frustration and annoyence

4 to keep the player from mid till end of the league u could add a 3 league mod perhaps some new challanges/rewards

hope other players think the same and i don t get that much hate for it but i can t help it just how i feel about it

Last edited by inemus on Feb 23, 2015, 12:49:28 PM
When will the next comic book issue come out? Also are there any plans to work on new mine gems and the mine planting mechanic?, we need auto detonating mines.
Hey Chris & Co

2 Things.. First trading, can you say anymore about it will be ingame? :)
and..
Could there be an option for zooming longer out? :)

Love the game and you guys!
@ChrisGGG

Will you guys be working towards making achievements something worthwhile and not just needless
filler? I was thinking that item rewards for completing these achievements that would help newer players ease into the game as well as giving veterans something to chase after that don't like races or seasons.
Are custom leagues still a thing, and if so, how are they coming along? I would love to be able to set up a variety of race and league mods into a custom league.
What is GGG's current consensus on experience penalty upon death?
Side-question : are there different points of view warring like the players on the forums (be careful, it burns)?
In one of the news posts you guys said having a new approach about designing new unique items. Will we ever see a redesign of old uniques? The so called vendor trash unique items. I'm not saying buff them all to be godlike like a shav, but maybe remove a negative stat or make it less severe so that the items will be used other then on a new char because its the least shit item (read you dont have a rare yet) for that item slot.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread
Last edited by PaladinSMD on Feb 23, 2015, 1:46:09 PM
one of the big reasons i first tried this game was to play summoner and iv loved the directions and development the "class" has received. any word on summoner related updates to come with/soon after act 4? any thoguhts on QoL relating to re-raising spectres? any thought on introducing a trouser slot mainly for more gem slot options? presumably the zone levels and map levels will be going higher then before (im hoping ;)) to accommodate an extra act, will the maximum level be going up at all?

and im sure at some point sum1 has asked, will we be seeing the new trade functions with act 4?

edit: any chance that the race season rewards could be alittle more rewarding? i understand the problems with having too many uniques to add so how about somthing different to space out the tiering? maybe a token for the map device to enhance maps with race mods properties similar to zana crafting options?
Last edited by langerz50 on Feb 23, 2015, 2:31:40 PM
Will 1.04 at last fix desync issue?
Mirror of Kalandra?
Hi,

1)
Is there any plan for the 'Friends list'?

like last login date will be a perfect.

2)
I play since beta ( I play a lot) and didn't see a Mirror drop so far. Any chance bust the Mirror drop by the time you play the game? The play I mean mapping not stay and chilling out in town :P

Thanks for reading this :P
Last edited by Malacek on Feb 23, 2015, 2:52:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info