unique items *no longer updated*

I believe the real kicker is the life gain on block, actually. Everyone seems to be overlooking this.

At 40 life per block and 75% block, if you're not taking 160 damage per hit, you're effectively not taking any damage at all. Combined with Arctic Armor to reduce damage, it should do a great job of all but nullifying non-rare/unique mob damage without having to use an Aegis Aurora.

Also interesting if you stack reflect damage, since another 250 damage from a Supreme Spiked and ~40 from Jagged and you get well over 500 damage reflected on a block. That's no longer completely negligible (though it's not enough to carry you, just supplemental damage).
"
pneuma wrote:
I believe the real kicker is the life gain on block, actually. Everyone seems to be overlooking this.

At 40 life per block and 75% block, if you're not taking 160 damage per hit, you're effectively not taking any damage at all. Combined with Arctic Armor to reduce damage, it should do a great job of all but nullifying non-rare/unique mob damage without having to use an Aegis Aurora.

Also interesting if you stack reflect damage, since another 250 damage from a Supreme Spiked and ~40 from Jagged and you get well over 500 damage reflected on a block. That's no longer completely negligible (though it's not enough to carry you, just supplemental damage).

Actually, iirc thorns damage in general is whenever you get hit, NOT when you block. :( Tempest shield was the only exception before this amulet.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Jul 16, 2013, 8:37:27 AM
"
"
pneuma wrote:

Actually, iirc thorns damage in general is whenever you get hit, NOT when you block. :( Tempest shield was the only exception before this amulet.

This was changed several patches ago. You now reflect damage on blocks.
Oh wow, do you happen to know which patch notes that was in? I completely missed it! o.o
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Either I can't find it in the patch notes or it still hasn't gone through yet.

I remember a Mark post talking about fixing this in a way that suggested it was already done, but searching "block" in every patch back to OB isn't giving anything.

It was a while ago. If this isn't the case, then hopefully it will be fixed in the future. Kinda hard to test this in game since there's no block animation if you're not stunned.
Now if only you gave reflect damage on an evade too. Seriously spiked shields being EV/ES base is so stupid. I guess you could always go IR too if you were doing a thorns build though...

And on spell block, seems you could get a lot of it going Rathpith/Rainbowstride/maybe that Templar Spell block node. I mean with perfect rolls you get to 97% there. Not the best solution, but still technically doable.
lets get a level 28 leercast group going 15% x 6 = 90% increased damage lol. It would work best if we are summoners of course.
Last edited by heyyous on Jul 16, 2013, 9:23:37 AM
for sure 15% x 5 = 75%
since u get -30% + 15% = -15%
hmm, then even 15% x 4 = 60%
Last edited by 583 on Jul 16, 2013, 11:13:09 AM
The Anvil is really a well designed unique. Congrats to whoever made it.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
Apolyon34 wrote:
anvil really sucks in my opinion. Aegis Aurora specs are already pretty much invincible (when played properly) against anything but one shot mechanics like vaal smash and maybe map kole with extra damage on an unlucky day. You don't need to cap block to be a god.

Not only that it has so many downsides. -10% attack speed should be enough without the insane 20% movement penalty. and most importantly any serious block build should have its neck slot reserved for this

Spell block isn't important tbf. Spells can easily be mitigated by resistances.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info