Shameless...

I didn't have to get an ISBN, but I felt it was important enough. Use to print books for a living.

And ISBN laws are different around the world. In the USA there is only one company that has the right to sell them. You can purchase cheaper ones from middleman companies, but you run the risk of them owning the ISBN and only leasing it to you as it were.

But there are countries where it doesn't cost anything. You will have to check your local laws regarding it.

Also it one ISBN per type of book. Your hardcover will require a different ISBN from the paperback and EBook.

I also tried formatting it myself, but I should have been practicing ahead of time and grew very frustrated. Again I lucked out and found another author that did the formatting very cheap. Could have run several hundred more dollars as companies that do it for you have all sorts of add-on fees.

Glad I did plenty of research before buying any of it.

Also last time I checked, 20 books today. Thanks guys! Please take some time to write a review. Thanks to Nait's review I have decided my genre is Gonzo Noir.
Well, I can also confirm that my wife enjoyed it. She was pretty mellow on whisky last night so I gave it her to have a flick through. She actually giggled (which isn't something she generally does).

== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Now for those of you that enjoyed my book, I am writing the sequel currently and have posted part of the first chapter in Community Showcase. I am doing that to show how I edit my work. What you read there will change. Maybe many times, but I thought you might find it interesting.

Haven't said it yet but gratz Moon, all the best with it!
It seems so long ago I read your first foray into the Mooniverse.
If I remember correctly, you may have been the first to post a reply to it. You and Hardlicker. I never imagined then that it would get this far.

Thanks OT.
I can still send you the word doc of the final draft if you want. I would be interested to see what you would change.

I had asked my father to edit it, but he sent back blank files. I didn't have the heart to tell ask him to do it again. I did ask my sister, but she was busy finishing her second book.

Enjoying my tablet. Picked up a short story called Mooned. A funny werewolf story.
Just a friendly reminder to those of you that bought (or downloaded for free) my book. I really could use some reviews. Even a simple star rating.

Its very important for new authors to have reviews to reach new readers.

Thanks again Nait. My friends really enjoyed your review.
I suspect you will have both shortly, depending on how long it takes Amazon to approve a review.
Thank you!

I yelled at my friends at work for not reviewing, but only one is actually reading it right now. The others say they will get to it soon. Liars.

Spoiler
Just kidding! The one reading it is one of my closest friends, but he only has a short time to read each night and the other that I know bought it says he's going to read it this weekend.
I purchased your book on kindle for a measly $3 (see, I'm not that cheap) and have read about half way through so far.

I've read most of the stories at one time or another but it's still good to see it in its final process. There are still some typos that should've been picked up.

I'll put my review up when I get a chance to finish reading it.

"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info