Shameless...

I read more. That one scene really stuck with me. No I did not finish it, but that was because I took with on vacation with the idea I would read it then.

Only I spent most of my time fixing little things at my parent's house. Buying my mother a new TV was a much larger chore than you would ever imagine. Had to write down every step of how to use it. And them they called while we were still on the road home to ask how to fix what they did as soon as we left.

I still have it and do plan to finish it. Only I prefer to read in bed and its on my laptop. Not the best situation. New vacation coming up. Never know.
I will buy a copy as soon as I manage to swipe my Kindle back from my wife.
Threaten to throw out of a plane if she doesn't.

Spoiler
And if you have an Amazon account, you can download the Kindle reader for the PC. That's what I had to do to check to make sure everything came out right.
I really don't know why I stopped reading. I used to love reading my weekly books while at school. At age 14-16 I fell in love with Sci Fi and Horror books. Then after I finished my GCSEs and weekly book reading was no longer mandatory, I just completely stopped and never read a book again except for text books for exam revisions.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
Moonyu wrote:

And if you have an Amazon account, you can download the Kindle reader for the PC. That's what I had to do to check to make sure everything came out right.

Completely forgot my phone has the Kindle app, book is now done downloading.
I have looked at tablets and almost bought a Kindle recently, but they were out of stock. But its hard to justify buying one when I already own a laptop and on our last visit to my parent's they gave us theirs as they no longer use it. That means my wife doesn't hog mine when we travel.

Someday.
"
Moonyu wrote:
I have looked at tablets and almost bought a Kindle recently, but they were out of stock. But its hard to justify buying one when I already own a laptop and on our last visit to my parent's they gave us theirs as they no longer use it. That means my wife doesn't hog mine when we travel.

Someday.

You make millions off your book and you can own the kindle factory.^^

Cookies for ya for the hell of it because you cant ever have enough cookies. :)
That's sweet of you Dirk, but my realistic goal is to make the money I put in back. Everything else will be gravy.

But let's say it makes more. Step one afterward is to save up for a limited run printed version. Step two, finance the second book.

And let's really dream here, the book becomes a best seller *can't keep straight face!* Forth step is I my house. One of the reasons I am on a tight budget despite being gainfully employed is I need money to work on my house. Siding, floors, new windows, etc...
"
Moonyu wrote:
That's sweet of you Dirk, but my realistic goal is to make the money I put in back. Everything else will be gravy.

But let's say it makes more. Step one afterward is to save up for a limited run printed version. Step two, finance the second book.

And let's really dream here, the book becomes a best seller *can't keep straight face!* Forth step is I my house. One of the reasons I am on a tight budget despite being gainfully employed is I need money to work on my house. Siding, floors, new windows, etc...

I imagine step 5 is world domination so you can create a weather control device and send all the snow to africa.

Free saturdays and sundays, fuck yeah?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I love Noir so I'll enjoy this hopefully. I dont believe Ive ever had the pleasure of reading humorous Noir. Should be fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info