Shameless...

"
I find laptop and tablet usage to be two utterly different experiences. I'm on a 7" nexus 6 right now, which I keep in a little fold out case. Thus it sits like a book in my hands. Most games are touched based; turning pages of ebooks feels a bit like turning real pages. There is no boot up, no programs beyond apps. Battery lasts ages. Most importantly, it fits in my pocket. Barely.

Generally people do this stuff with their smart phone but I prefer a phone I can use one handed, so downgraded to an old nokia.

Conversely, I hate laptops. They're a bitch to upgrade or fix, the keyboards never feel right and the battery life when actually using it as a computer is less than desirable.

Anyway, that's my stance on things. How I finally learned to stop worrying and love the tablet.

Will keep in mind for rulers-day.

*tips hat*

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Excellent derail, let me hop in.

Laptops suck, oh my gods how I hate laptops.

I've been a PDA user for years before android/iOS phones came out and believe it or not but I retired my Fujitsu Siemens Loox 720 only two years ago once someone managed to produce an android phone that would suit my needs (tough, waterproof and not slow as fuck).

It never really did "it" for me as PDAs did and I was always skeptical to tablets. But once I got myself that 2nd gen Nexus7, holy fuck I am a full convert now. Even when at home my PC time went down, amazing device.

But still - even though I read plenty of books on mine (Moonreader app, yes, it's a real name Moon) I find newer Kindles so superior it's not even funny. I didn't believe it until I saw them with my own eyes, it's just like paper. I don't own one because I can't justify a purchase like that but my take on this is as follows:
For reading ebooks a laptop is bloody rock bottom in so many ways, a tablet is quite good and a kindle is epic.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
I still use my laptop for writing. It got to the point that I was better writing on it than my regular keyboard.

Only more than once thanks to the mouse pad in front, it selected a large chunk of text to delete.

But back to the book. I need to choose a time to allow the book to be free for five days. How many of you are waiting for this?
I'm waiting!
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
Book should be free to download this weekend. Help yourselves. I can write more.

Just checked and yes it is free right now.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1/189-5829781-8648448?url=node%3D154606011&field-keywords=The+Mooned+Chronicles

They still have my cover designer listed as the Author. RRRRRRR!!!!! sent yet another email.
I wait for the hardcover paperback edition. Or the pocket book format. :)
You gonna wait for a long time then. Right now I have to pay to have it printed out of my pocket and I don't have that kind of money.

However, I hope to do a limited paperback run in the future and will send some of you an autographed copy for free. Grant_M gets book number one when I do.

But time and money is not on my side right now for that, so go ahead and download it. The better the number of sales (even free ones) can help it get picked up by a publisher.
"
Moonyu wrote:
You gonna wait for a long time then. Right now I have to pay to have it printed out of my pocket and I don't have that kind of money.

However, I hope to do a limited paperback run in the future and will send some of you an autographed copy for free. Grant_M gets book number one when I do.

But time and money is not on my side right now for that, so go ahead and download it. The better the number of sales (even free ones) can help it get picked up by a publisher.

You can do it, i know you can, i believe in you! Cookies for ya, because cant ever have enough cookies. :)

You actually inspired me to get some work in on my book.
Self publishing does allow for everyone to join in the fun instead of a few publishing firms.

Good, bad, really bad, its all good if you look at it the way I do.

I may never recoup the money I spent on my book, but I am glad I did it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Or as I prefer: Damned if you do or damned if you don't, you might as damn well try.
I don't count the time spent writing it. That was pure joy for the most part. The editing sucked. The editing the editing sucked dead donkey dicks. The editing of that was not pleasant.

But I got my cover for $200 (usd) by shopping around and getting lucky. The ISBN was $55 thanks to a new program for ebooks and the formatting for the Kindle was done for $30. So $285 out of pocket expense. Could have run much higher, but I skimped to make it happen.

But think about it. Now its out there until how long? I have a good paying job and don't need it to be a source of income. That said, I am working on two more in the series already in case it takes off. *Dreaming...sigh*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info