[1.3.x] Kungfooe's [Bloodlines] IronWill Glacial Cascade -- 7.7k Life + 10%+ Regen

Can any of you guys who actually have a high level char with this build and gear try how it works with incinerate? I just really don't like glacial cascade spell.
"
Burekpie wrote:
I feel like some other spell instead of GC would work better (give more dps) and that physical part of GC is nothing compared to Heralds + cold part of gc.
Freezing pulse, flameblast or even arc could work great with this build (pure elemental dps means that you can buff it with that amazing templar ele dmg nodes)

The reason I chose GC was because it required spell damage nodes to scale, and there were few of those on the tree. It is entirely possible that there are stronger spells (incinerate maybe because of the more multiplier with all of the increased damage from Doon?) than GC. However, I haven't tested them.

Additionally, the issue with a non-hybrid spell that you have to pay more attention to is reflect and "one-shotting" yourself can become an issue. Although this build isn't reflect-proof, the high-regen and large life pool make it more difficult to kill yourself due to reflect. If you crit and echoed a pure ele spell, it would be easier to kill yourself (say 2, 4k reflects for a total of 8k reflect damage versus taking only a 2/3 of that with GC (i.e., ~5.3k)). Although you could probably push your damage higher, you run an increased risk of quickly killing yourself before having time to react.

"
Burekpie wrote:
Yes, after geting 6l reflect will hurt you bad (I'm loosing around 4k/sec while shooting pack with reflect rare), I even think that this build needs purity of ice just to negate that reflect and avoid instant rip on some huge packs with reflect.

I haven't had a chance to try it with a 6L yet, but I could see reflect becoming more of an issue. Rather than running a purity aura, I would probably just add in a Sapphire Flask for when I ran across reflect packs.

"
Burekpie wrote:
Inner force should be in core of build and should be allocated before you hit lvl 18 gems. I got like 900 dps just from taking inner force cluster. (my heralds are lvl 20 tho).

Hmmmm, this is a good idea (it would also help with Clarity and regen). I'll have to see how I can tweak the trees to include it without requiring too many points.
In since 0.8.0
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kungfooe
"
Aggnog wrote:
Any reason you went marauder over templar for this? The marauder has almost none of the gems needed so at least for a first character of a league it would be worse than templar.

That's a fair critique. I didn't make this as a first character in a league, so I didn't think too much about it. Plus, I really like the marauder's model versus the templar.

If you were making this as the first character in a league, I would probably be better off making it as a templar due to the skill gem options.
In since 0.8.0
"
odin1212121 wrote:
Thanks for this nice guide got my 4/4 on HC with this build.

It was actually really easy with this build.

My Gear:
Spoiler

Glad to hear it worked well for you. :D
In since 0.8.0
"
outerworld wrote:
Can any of you guys who actually have a high level char with this build and gear try how it works with incinerate? I just really don't like glacial cascade spell.

I have tested it with Incinerate and it is strong. If you were really against GC, Incinerate works well as a substitute (though I think you'll really want a 5L for it to shine, versus the 4L in Doon for GC).
In since 0.8.0
"
kungfooe wrote:
"
outerworld wrote:

I have tested it with Incinerate and it is strong. If you were really against GC, Incinerate works well as a substitute (though I think you'll really want a 5L for it to shine, versus the 4L in Doon for GC).

Thanks for testing this, can you also provide some numbers?

I went with this build on 1MHC and it was really tanky, but what killed me specifically was Glacial Cascade. This spell has SUCH a long animation time that it locks you in place for way too long, especially with spell echo. The other issues I have with it is long travel time and fairly low aoe - I think ball lightning would be better here and I'm gonna test it as soon as passive skill tree reset is available.

Last edited by outerworld on Apr 7, 2015, 1:33:51 PM
"
outerworld wrote:
Thanks for testing this, can you also provide some numbers?

I don't have the character spec'd for it anymore, but I believe it was around 2.5k tooltip with Incinerate - Iron Will - GMP - Echo - Added Chaos (since Iron Will scale the chaos damage too).

Faster casting and fire pen would also make good options too, depending upon your tree and gear (e.g., faster casting is strong with Celestial Punishment and Gang's Momentum and the 10% ignite/freeze/shock chance in the Templar's area of the tree).

However, I think you could scale Incinerate more efficiently without making an Iron Will build (e.g., elemental and fire damage around the templar and witch trees).

"
outerworld wrote:
I went with this build on 1MHC and it was really tanky, but what killed me specifically was Glacial Cascade. This spell has SUCH a long animation time that it locks you in place for way too long, especially with spell echo. The other issues I have with it is long travel time and fairly low aoe - I think ball lightning would be better here and I'm gonna test it as soon as passive skill tree reset is available.

I'm sorry to hear about your rip. :(

When I was playing it the animation did not feel much different that freezing pulse, ball lightning, or any other spell caster. I should also note that I had a 18/20 faster casting and echo in Doon (level 30 Iron Will) with GC, so there is a lot of cast speed from that setup alone (17 cast on Doon, 10 from level 30 Iron Will, 47 from FC for a total of 74 inc cast speed, plus nodes on the tree and Cruel Alira).

I'll be curious to know how it works with Ball Lightning. What links do you plan on using? I'd think you'd want at least a 5L ideally, since you'd want to also include Light Pen.
In since 0.8.0
Thanks again, I guess 2.5k Incinerate is decent enough to do up to 75 maps.

I'm really interested in the iron will concept, I know it would be more efficent to go for fire and elemental damage damage-wise, but I just love the idea of the cheap and tanky character with good damage.

I was thinking ball lightning -> spell echo -> lightning pen in a Doon, or add faster casting / lightning pen / added chaos for more links. Was also really curious how well a flame totem in a 6 link do with iron will.

Can't wait for passive tree resets, got like 20 characters to experiment on! =)
"
outerworld wrote:
Was also really curious how well a flame totem in a 6 link do with iron will.

Flame totem - fire pen - iron will - faster casting - GMP - faster projectiles (lvl 16 gems) 1.3 dps tooltip have in mind that both fire pen and gmp don't count on dps calculation (GMP is even lowering it)
Clear speed is good and you don't even need potions. 5k hp and nothing is even hiting you ez game ez life
"
Burekpie wrote:

Flame totem - fire pen - iron will - faster casting - GMP - faster projectiles (lvl 16 gems) 1.3 dps tooltip have in mind that both fire pen and gmp don't count on dps calculation (GMP is even lowering it)
Clear speed is good and you don't even need potions. 5k hp and nothing is even hiting you ez game ez life

Burekpie - Have you modified the tree to cast dual flame totems? Would you mind posting your tree and gear?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info