[1.3.x] Kungfooe's [Bloodlines] IronWill Glacial Cascade -- 7.7k Life + 10%+ Regen

New boss fight video added.
In since 0.8.0
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kungfooe
Just wanted to give feedback.
Got to level 86 with this build and it worked great.

My gear atm:
Spoiler

Dps tooltip is ~7k but as I started to progres to lvl 75+ maps I felt like I needed to improve DPS with 6L chest. But then I got lucky with rise of the phoenix and lvled vitality gem, and now I'm transitioning to RF instead.

I would recommend this build even if you are making RF character, it works amazing with just 4L all the way to lvl ~85, you just can't die.
"
Burekpie wrote:
Just wanted to give feedback.
Got to level 86 with this build and it worked great.

My gear atm:
Spoiler

Dps tooltip is ~7k but as I started to progres to lvl 75+ maps I felt like I needed to improve DPS with 6L chest. But then I got lucky with rise of the phoenix and lvled vitality gem, and now I'm transitioning to RF instead.

I would recommend this build even if you are making RF character, it works amazing with just 4L all the way to lvl ~85, you just can't die.

Thank you for your feedback, and I'm glad to hear the build worked out so well for you! After making and leveling this build to 86, what areas do you think could be improved upon?

Also, you mentioned that with maps >75 you felt you needed more DPS. Do you think it was just a current gear limitation, or flaw(s) in the build, and why?

In since 0.8.0
I have the same question regarding damage too

I am currently 10k damage

Spoiler

I turn towards RF(to hit 17k ) because I felt I hit the ceiling. Not sure if is because I always play in a party of two.

Really not sure if the damage without RF is enough or not.
"
inateapot wrote:

Spoiler

I turn towards RF(to hit 17k ) because I felt I hit the ceiling. Not sure if is because I always play in a party of two.

I typically run solo, and am not sure about how this build would work in a party, even a party of two. What other build(s) do you typically end up playing with?

Also, if you're running RF, don't many things die before you hit them with GC, or what does it feel like when you're doing a typical map run?

Any other ideas for how to boost the damage?
In since 0.8.0
Update:
Tryed RF, dps was amazing, even bosses died in like 5 sec, but still almost riped few times to some specific packs (otherwordly devourers, green living blood thing with ground dot, obelisks that I killed with RF without noticing on time) and then I ended up clearing almost at the same speed as with 4L GC because i had to play more carefully .

So I just sold RF gear and got 6L Armor/ES chest (only way to have armor and be able to get BBBBBR)
Lost around 500 health by droping belly, and got like 3k dps.

But it's not just about DPS tool tip, my 6th gem is increased aoe witch makes play stile a lot safer (more range), also added frostbite curse on spell totem so I can use it to permafreeze monster packs and kill ele resist rares in few seconds instead of ~10.

My tree at lvl 87
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwEswUtDF8NzQ48EuEUIBRNFHEWbxiRGS4aOBo-GmwcpxzOJIskqicvJ-0pLitQMZ41kjbpOlI64TwFPC09Dz38QYdHfkz_UEdTpVcNWGNeE17AXz9gS2EhYVJlTWjydO12rHrvfEt8uIIHgpuE2YZgiFqMz5BVkc6WdJo7n9-gQqIAouqmV62Nr2y3PrvtvJ-9NsBmxFjEuMT2xq7G2M9-0iHVptX42L3ZYdl84urjauQi7DjtPO8O707vfPAf8azyL_JB8kX2SPno_Ev-Cv5U

Will take that shield nodes cos they scale well with lioneye's, and then some spell dmg or few more life nodes.
quote kungfooe

"
kungfooe wrote:
"
inateapot wrote:

Spoiler

I typically run solo, and am not sure about how this build would work in a party, even a party of two. What other build(s) do you typically end up playing with?

Also, if you're running RF, don't many things die before you hit them with GC, or what does it feel like when you're doing a typical map run?

Any other ideas for how to boost the damage?

I did not boost rf so the degen wasn't great but it really helps with blue and yellow monster packs.

that is all I can think off to boost spell damage. however critical damage maybe a way if coupled with that saffell's frame

On another hand, i was wondering if it will be scary to play without unwavering stance. will stun be very often?
Last edited by inateapot on Mar 7, 2015, 10:45:48 AM
"
Burekpie wrote:
Update:
Tryed RF, dps was amazing, even bosses died in like 5 sec, but still almost riped few times to some specific packs (otherwordly devourers, green living blood thing with ground dot, obelisks that I killed with RF without noticing on time) and then I ended up clearing almost at the same speed as with 4L GC because i had to play more carefully .

So I just sold RF gear and got 6L Armor/ES chest (only way to have armor and be able to get BBBBBR)
Lost around 500 health by droping belly, and got like 3k dps.

But it's not just about DPS tool tip, my 6th gem is increased aoe witch makes play stile a lot safer (more range), also added frostbite curse on spell totem so I can use it to permafreeze monster packs and kill ele resist rares in few seconds instead of ~10.

My tree at lvl 87
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwEswUtDF8NzQ48EuEUIBRNFHEWbxiRGS4aOBo-GmwcpxzOJIskqicvJ-0pLitQMZ41kjbpOlI64TwFPC09Dz38QYdHfkz_UEdTpVcNWGNeE17AXz9gS2EhYVJlTWjydO12rHrvfEt8uIIHgpuE2YZgiFqMz5BVkc6WdJo7n9-gQqIAouqmV62Nr2y3PrvtvJ-9NsBmxFjEuMT2xq7G2M9-0iHVptX42L3ZYdl84urjauQi7DjtPO8O707vfPAf8azyL_JB8kX2SPno_Ev-Cv5U

Will take that shield nodes cos they scale well with lioneye's, and then some spell dmg or few more life nodes.

The increased AoE is definitely a good point that you raise in terms of helping with survivability further.

Frostbite is definitely an intersting choice for a curse. If you're freezing packs very often, have you thought about getting Celestial Punishment on the tree for 25% increased damage? Also, how well does Frostbite work for freezing bosses?

I think Lioneye's shield is a good starting shield, but ultimately you'll want a rare one with life, strength, and a lot of armor. Unless you're working to get more block, I think the cast speed (that can be crafted), extra life from strength, and resists end up being more valuable overall IMO.
In since 0.8.0
"
inateapot wrote:
I did not boost rf so the degen wasn't great but it really helps with blue and yellow monster packs.

that is all I can think off to boost spell damage. however critical damage maybe a way if coupled with that saffell's frame

On another hand, i was wondering if it will be scary to play without unwavering stance. will stun be very often?

Because there is so much life in this build, I don't get stunned very often at all. Even in the cases that I do, I have a lot of regen to start getting life back immediately, and so it doesn't feel nearly as bad as in a build with only 1% life regen. I do not think it is worth the points to get Unwavering Stance.

Thanks for your thoughts about boosting the damage. I'll have to think more about what can be done to help boost the damage of GC.
In since 0.8.0
Thank you very much for the guide. I want to try this out, but i dont know how i should level it. Maybe you can make some Passive trees for leveling? Or maybe i missed something. Is there something important to get asap?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info