Why did you or your friend quit playing POE?

We haven't.

If we had, I guess we wouldn't be here to post.
GGG - Why you no?
Last edited by JoannaDark on Jan 28, 2015, 2:24:03 PM
"
JoannaDark wrote:
We haven't.

The forum isnt the game tho!^^
"
"
JoannaDark wrote:
We haven't.

The forum isnt the game tho!^^

It is the real endgame.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
I quit every time the temp leagues end lol
I dont see any any key!
Cause it got old. Act 4 cant come soon enough.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Because it was the 3d build I spent multi exalts on only to get nerfed to trash.

Then I decided to make some acuity build only to see that it got drop nerfed, raising price for 65 to 150ex+

That was the day I logged in for the last time.
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
Unrewarding , lack of endgame , fps drops , desync , balance issues , the thing called crafting = playing on a slot machine.
Hey, GGG.

Your MUM is cheap and unexpected!
I used to play with my best friend.

We started when SotV arrived and we have sooo much fun experienceing the game. He rolled an archer and I tried a Sweep templar with BM, it was shit and I couldn't progress through late cruel. Then I rolled a totem templar and it was better. He keep the archer.

When we were half way through the ambush league we starting creating character to try new things. I made a witch and a shadow and then both reached cruel, more or less. But they were unplayeable.
He tried a Scion and a Marauder (one hand, tanky but slowly as fuck)
Then he started to play less because he had other games to play. I was starting to read the forums, watch all informative videos on youtube about the game, watch streams... I started to understand the mechanics of the game. I started trading, getting some currency, rolling new characters, I beat atziri with a pure RF marauder on Rampage league (by that time, my friend didn't play anymore)...

He left because he wants to play other games and I am trapped into PoE because PoE gives me everything I want to.

But sometimes I miss when we were ignorant. When every chaos orb drop was like a blessing. When we were fightning our way to cruel with negative resist. When we tried to beat Kutec, Vaal Fleshsmith, and died 50+ times.

At this moment, my friend has over 600 deaths on his archer. I should have like 400 on my totem templar.

Good times.

(At least we play LoL everyday c: )
I tend to play off-and-on. For me, I'd quit whenever I got bored. I've never really thought that the desync issues, RNG issues etc. were enough to outweigh the positives of the character system and the game and skill mechanics. It's still the best ARPG available IMHO (other opinions perfectly valid) and it's free to play. Free! Sometimes I hop back on D3 and leave POE for a while. I always come back. Steam says I have 2000+ hrs on record which, if I'm honest, is roughly 30-40% idling time (at least). Takes my comp forever and a day to load up POE initially, so I'll leave it on in the background overnight sometimes.

I've had a few toons nerfed into oblivion. It's irritating but it keeps me looking at fresh options. Frankly, I've had more chars reach ~ lvl 80ish and peter out, only to collect dust in perpetuity before being nerfed into oblivion.

All in all, I agree with the 'play something else' crowd. If you get bored, play something else and come back when you feel like it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info