Why did you or your friend quit playing POE?

I'm on and off myself.

I think for me ACt 4 will seal the deal and then i'm going to take a long long brake.

They were my friends but they were also noobs.
They cried some stupid fundamental stuff. Like "being forced to find gems to use skills", I was like WTF? against those excuse ofc.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
"
Mohun wrote:

lol Dirk, You make it sound like the game rewards us for clearing slower and hitting a mob more than 3 times.
After 4k hours in a game you have seen every map, every layout so there's nothing new left to see scenery/mob wise. The only way I enjoy this game is to have the quickest clearspeed I can afford = fastest return on items/currency from maps but as the op says, Not many builds remain that can breeze through content safely at a good price because they have all been nerfed.

You act as if it's fun when you join a public party and one individual's character is face-rolling everything in high 70s maps while the other people simply spam flasks to keep up. To each their own.

I've seen a lot of folks come and go and although desynch has been a major annoyance for most, I think that most of them simply got burnt out and moved on. I'm a creature of habit myself though and I'll likely be playing for a while.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
I got bored of grinding, and he was the filthiest, dirtiest casual I have ever met >_>
I only had a few friends who played this game. To my knowledge, they don't play it anymore. I'm personally taking a small break, sometimes logging on to do a few maps or dailies.
"
mego950 wrote:
I only had a few friends who played this game. To my knowledge, they don't play it anymore. I'm personally taking a small break, sometimes logging on to do a few maps or dailies.

Why do people think theres something wrong in doing this? I mean you can only play for so long before it gets boring.

Its like if you play monopoly every day for 3 years, it aint fun anymore if you play it a lot, every now and then, play something else. Plain and simple.

Games are distractions to get away from the serious life and if you need to get away from the game, where does that leave you? Need a distraction from the distraction of real life? Its an endless cycle.

People, its easy, dont start the game for a few days, weeks or month, come back, fresh and happy and play again.
Well... yes, trading can be freakin' annoying, for the most part though it's veeeery smooth now with the hideouts and Procurement.

The only thing i'd really wish for is an ingame Procurement, like, take everything Procurement offers and implement that in the game. It'd be very convenient not to be forced to tab out all the time.

Then again, it's not too bad the way it is. Hideouts solved a lot of the problems, imo, and whoever is playing PoE without Procurement is doing it wrong anyway. Same for poe.xyz ... tradechat is pure hell.

So no, trading is actually is fine as it is, even though Procurement implemented in the game would be a real QoL improvement. Then again, there are other QoL improvments i'd like much more, for example using stacks of Armour scraps for max quality instantly or selecting a buch of items by rubberband, like you can select items on your PC desktop, and move them around... god i'd love that.
I left 2 times. Reason? Unrewarding game experience. No useful drops, playing with shitty gear = sucks.

I'm about to leave for thee third time - same reason.

How to have fun in POE:

1. Get bottle of your favorite liquor

2. Go to POE forums

3. Take a shot everytime someone uses the word casual

4. Get stomach pumped
"
pajingtonn wrote:
I left 2 times. Reason? Unrewarding game experience. No useful drops, playing with shitty gear = sucks.

I'm about to leave for thee third time - same reason.

exactly ,amen brother even tho i got some gear the time it required to get it is absurd.

UNREWARDING

PS (i also hate trading waste of time to spend around 40 hours on trading to get 1,5k scours + 1,5 chance orbs jsut to fail all of them trying to chance headhunter belt)

F*C* THAT
IGN : Sir_Big

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info