Why did you or your friend quit playing POE?

He got tired of the itemization and layman approach to keeping melee in the ring.

Although, he didn't entirely quit. He still pops in from time to time to do some dailies or test an idea.
I quit because I was playing too much and figured I should find a better way to spend my time. Got rid of everything so there would be nothing to come back to. Two weeks later, new account...
My friend quit because he found the early game boring. Hated the graphics too.

I don't quit but I sometimes take some long breaks. I didn't play from early January until about 2 weeks ago.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

Last edited by GooberM on Jun 30, 2015, 12:08:10 AM
I have not played anything for a couple months. To busy at work plus I want to wait for expansion full release. Ive had beta only tried lockstep and cali servers to like lvl 7. It was awesome.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 30, 2015, 1:46:12 AM
My friend quit for FF14 and Heavensward...bastard.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
3 of my friends quitted for those reasons:

- lack of challenge, game is too easy.
- spent too much play playtime / time consuming
- "unfair" deaths in hardcore leagues (disconnects, 1 shot)

I, myself, quitted for GTA V & Witcher 3. I was planning to play the beta but obviously this is not happening, mostly due those weekly wipes.
Last edited by yamadaHamamoto on Jun 30, 2015, 9:26:18 AM
this one's easy.

map drops
zzz
BootCamp.....

I use a Mac, and keep a bootcamp partition just for this game. I get tired of constantly rebooting, so take long pauses/breaks, and move on to native Mac games. I always end up coming back though....
My friend quit because of the ramping up of end game difficulty combined with a punishing experience loss death penalty. It seriously pissed him off to lose several bars of xp when he died to a ridiculous pack of monsters or desync. (I can't blame him...it still pisses me off to no end. There are other less infuriating options for a death penalty out there. It's too bad GGG seems to be too stubborn to consider them).

Once you get to a certain point towards the end of merciless, if you don't have a very solid build, it can be very tough to survive through a whole level without dying. And so, when you die, you continually lose xp which prevents you from leveling which prevents you from getting tougher which allows you to continue dying which prevents you from getting tougher...and on and on and on.

Yes, I know you can farm lower level zones for very slow xp and a very low chance at upgraded gear. But he really didn't want to do that either.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul...
My friends quit for the same reasons I quit.

1. I'd rather play a loot based game that is focused on a fun loot system rather than a punishing RNG system which is required to maintain a so-called "economy".
2. The web being streamlined to such a degree that its basically eliminated the point of the web altogether - aside from builds based around particular item(s) all builds can be accomplished with a 'standard' progression system (that is, level up and gain some attribute points, level again and pick a perk - repeat)
3. The orb system, initially meant to eliminate gold, has itself become worse than any gold based system I've experienced.
4. The use of the orbs is not exciting but instead, generally, tedious. This means that finding orbs isn't a thrill at all - unless you're just going to use it as if it were gold, in which case, see (3).

TL/DR - I think the loot system is bad.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info