About "trading ethics" again

"
gilrad wrote:
"
"
mazul wrote:

If typing "map" or "daily" that takes max 3 seconds to do is such a hassle for you, then you are being an ass tradingwise.

Arent timed missions so tight you cant even type daily fast enough? Unless you want to macro that shit too...

The only timed mission that really gives me problems is the "kill the corrupted monsters" mission that gives you like 4 minutes to clear the whole map.

Even so, four minutes to reply after the mission inevitably fails is still well within the realm of "reasonable time to respond" imo.

All im saying is that people who want to buy shouldnt automatically expect the seller to sit there waiting for them. They play the game, hell, sometimes they could be afk. Shit happens. What would you say if you found an item on xyz and the person later sees your whisper and tells you he/she had to take care of the kids?
"
mazul wrote:
"
JNF wrote:

Yep, because I am going to stop in the middle of a timed Zana mission to discuss a trade in Torment. /sarcasm

Elitisthc2kool4skool

If typing "map" or "daily" that takes max 3 seconds to do is such a hassle for you, then you are being an ass tradingwise.

Cool story, brah. Played a solo melee who's dealing with not only mobs, but desynch as well, in a timed Zana? I am guessing that your next statement is going to be that I'm doing it wrong because I'm not running around following a ranged crit character?

p.s. If you whisper someone requesting their item and don't have 5 minutes to spare, the item probably isn't that great or you have the patience of a 3 year old.

Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
"
"
gilrad wrote:
"

Arent timed missions so tight you cant even type daily fast enough? Unless you want to macro that shit too...

The only timed mission that really gives me problems is the "kill the corrupted monsters" mission that gives you like 4 minutes to clear the whole map.

Even so, four minutes to reply after the mission inevitably fails is still well within the realm of "reasonable time to respond" imo.

All im saying is that people who want to buy shouldnt automatically expect the seller to sit there waiting for them. They play the game, hell, sometimes they could be afk. Shit happens. What would you say if you found an item on xyz and the person later sees your whisper and tells you he/she had to take care of the kids?

Precisely my point.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Id still advise people to play in HC leagues if they want a "better shopping experience" as there are less bad mannered traders in HC leagues than in SC leagues.

Ps. this is entirely in my experience. I think that high level HC players are somewhat more empathetic towards other HC players as they know what it takes to get to a high level.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
andkamen wrote:
Id still advise people to play in HC leagues if they want a "better shopping experience" as there are less bad mannered traders in HC leagues than in SC leagues.

Ps. this is entirely in my experience. I think that high level HC players are somewhat more empathetic towards other HC players as they know what it takes to get to a high level.

Dont drag this SC vs HC thing into this again. It also costs a lot of XP when you die in standard, XP = HC death as far as im concerned. Any difficulty above normal and i watch what i do to not die.

People need to be more patient, period, no HC and SC discussion needed here, besides, you can have bad experiences in HC too, but since youre not looking for them you didnt mention those, or maybe you personally didnt have any, but that doesnt mean they arent there.
"
mazul wrote:
"
JNF wrote:

Yep, because I am going to stop in the middle of a timed Zana mission to discuss a trade in Torment. /sarcasm

+1 for elitesthc2kool4skool

I don't even know why people are arguing about whether or not someone has time to respond, that is irrelevant; you are not entitled to a response. People get into enough squabbles over response entitlement/speed from friends and family, people who are actually obligated to respond, let alone strangers on the internet.

Sitting around getting all offended about being ignored by someone who is busy or lazy is an absurd waste of time and energy. If the purchase is small enough to be ignored outright, then there will be countless others available on xyz, and at least one of those sellers will likely be available to sell it to you. Message the cheapest online sellers on xyz and go play the game while you wait for one of them get back to you, that's what the indexer is for.

I will agree that the guy in the thread starter's screenshot is a massive douchebag, but well, the anonymizing layer of the internet does tend to bring out the worst in overgrown babies.
Last edited by Karcaroth on Jan 27, 2015, 1:27:58 PM
"
Karcaroth wrote:

I don't even know why people are arguing about whether or not someone has time to respond, that is irrelevant; you are not entitled to a response. People get into enough squabbles over response entitlement/speed from friends and family, people who are actually obligated to respond, let alone strangers on the internet.

Noone is entitled to more than the very thing the contract with GGG says you entitled to. That's very little. I don't expect people to not be asses, but that doesn't mean that they aren't being asses :D.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
As aggravating as douche bags can be, they tend to tell you what most people are afraid of telling you. He actually gave you some good advice.

I know, that attitude sucks, but what can we do about it? Not much...
Last edited by Mr_Mustasch on Jan 27, 2015, 3:07:13 PM
I've had the exact opposite feeling. The HC community is great!
That's one of the main reason i decided to stick with BL even after my challanges were done. (I'm orginally a SC player but now i'm converted :P )

There's something about HC, they're usualy way more friendly and less trolly. And if you need to pay something with mixed currency or say 1c under value due you've only 4 instead of 5 chaos most ppl tend to accept that. In SC you get ignored right away for even suggesting mixed currency.

And most of em are more talkative as i'm. :)

But there will always be some *sshats, there's no way around that. But luckily i've yet to encounter one.
"

How about having some patience till someone responds? its not like in the good old days of home phones you had istant contact either. No, you had to wait till someone ran to the phone, or call a granny, she takes 10 minutes to get there. So yea, some patience here is key. I would say about 3 minutes of youre life are worth getting an item.

Sorry guys, but you are trying to tell me, that a HC, pro-as-fuk player, who has 10000000 APM is unable to Crtl+Enter-"map"-Enter because IT TAKES TOO MUCH TIME?
I feel like it is more about person being salty because people are PMing them to buy 1c items, and not multi-EX ones... just a tho. :S

Also, I said I have waited some time before PMing again.

"
Mr_Mustasch wrote:
As aggravating as douche bags can be, they tend to tell you what most people are afraid of telling you. He actually gave you some good advice.

I know, that attitude sucks, but what can we do about it? Not much...

Read what I wrote in OP - I said that I should have wrote that in my first PM. I do know that I "wronged" him. I don't really need much of an advise here, I simply forgot to do that.

But his "good advise" with such tone makes it a "language of douchbags" to me.

"
Sitting around getting all offended about being ignored by someone who is busy or lazy is an absurd waste of time and energy. If the purchase is small enough to be ignored outright, then there will be countless others available on xyz, and at least one of those sellers will likely be available to sell it to you. Message the cheapest online sellers on xyz and go play the game while you wait for one of them get back to you, that's what the indexer is for.

I did not get offended by being ignored - he got offended by me PMing him again. What you are ignoring is that by posting your stuff for sale, and then not responding when someone is actually trying to buy it, you are wasting their TIME. And time is pretty valuable. Also, if deal is small enough for you to ignore it, just don't post it for sale.
As a side note, I'll add that at that time, his boots were only ones priced at 1c, next ones being 3c. (and as beginner BL player, I didn't really have currency to throw around, so, yeah).

And about "being entitled for response". I'd say ignoring someone is one of the most disrespectful things one can do. Even telling someone that you do not want to talk is better than ignoring.

And again, you guys are missing the point. My two main points are being:

a) new players
b) promoting the "elite" attitude towards everyone
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Jan 29, 2015, 1:49:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info