Reward for finding and posting Bugs?

"
Moonyu wrote:
The reward is the bug gets fixed. Hence better game to play.

+1

The players would stop farming maps and farm bugs instead =) Bad and selfish idea.But that's just me.Oh wait.Pretty much anyone.No ofense tho' bud.
I would totally be down for a rewards system for posting bugs and exploits.

GGGold or possibly even a cash reward (on the small scale, since GGG isn't a large business, probably no more than $1k and depending on severity) would be the best move.

In the past in closed beta, people had no qualms about rattling off all the broken/exploitable shit because we were all relatively happy to just be able to play the game and wanted it to get better. We all knew there was an impending CB wipe at the end that would "resolve" anything anyway.

Nowadays, GGG is considerably less loved and several people would rather line their pockets and chase invisible prestige than give back to the community and to the developers that gave them the game in the first place.

It's a sad state, but it takes a gesture of goodwill from GGG to reverse that.

---

Separately, GGG used to be much more accepting of exploiters. As long as it didn't escalate to RMT or some other bannable act, there was no reason to punish people for playing the game-as-it-is-coded. It's GGG's fault, ultimately, that there are dupe bugs or otherwise.

Watching them ban Ghudda for a few days was harsh, and symbolic of a shift in their mentality. I can't remember, but I don't think he was even contacted and asked to stop doing it. Just a cold wall.

I want the OldManWithABot GGG back -- I don't like the taste of this new ban&silence GGG much. Maybe they should think about patching that goodwill while they're at it.
Your reward :

Knowing you helped make the world a better place.
GGG - Why you no?
"
JoannaDark wrote:
Your reward :

These people are far and few inbetween, GGG should just give ppl a NTX ransom of like 100-500 points depending on the severity of the bug, and how early the player notified them before it became widespread.

People find bugs all the time, and don't care enough to waste the time of day to report it, or assume it's already been reported.

For instance I know glacial cascade can be cast through doors that are closed, I just assume this is already well known to GGG and I have no incentive to submit any kind of report.
Lots of entitlement in this thread...the world could be such a nice place if people stopped asking for something in return for their deeds.

I bet the people in here asking for effects would also help a old lady across the street and ask her for money or something.

You aint gonna get any effects, deal with it! Show some respect for the free game dammit! Want free effects? How about you pay a monthly fee of 15 dollars every month? Or how about paying 60 bucks up front and another 60 for every expansion?
"
BossOfThisGym wrote:
"
JoannaDark wrote:
Your reward :

These people are far and few inbetween, GGG should just give ppl a NTX ransom of like 100-500 points depending on the severity of the bug, and how early the player notified them before it became widespread.

People find bugs all the time, and don't care enough to waste the time of day to report it, or assume it's already been reported.

For instance I know glacial cascade can be cast through doors that are closed, I just assume this is already well known to GGG and I have no incentive to submit any kind of report.

Probably working as intended, doesn't it travel across the floor on cast? It's probably just easing it's way under the door ;)
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Well, after considering everyone's responses i believe i will take the "right thing to do" path on this one. Seeing as the bug actually does affect my gameplay i believe that many of you are correct in saying "the reward is the fix itself".

Incase you guys don't se the post of my bug i will enter, i'll give you guys a little heads up.
I currently run an infernal blow Facebreaker build. I have a switch weapon 6L with curse on hit/GMP/dual marks and the bug is, when i switch to my 6L to curse mobs and want to switch back to FB i get the error that i have no weapon in the other switch weapon tab. Therefor i have to manualy open the inventory and click the switch. Very annoying. If i could quick switch that would make my life so much easier.

Off to write up the bug.
Hope the devs like this one cuz i looked around alot in the forums and couldnt find it anywhere.

Keep up the awsome work GGG.
You get to play the game for free....is that not reward enough?

Or as in the case bugs that don't crash the server, or instance some of the more damaging stuff you get to use the bug until it's fixed, like the bug that occurred a while back with bear trap or explosive arrow and cold to fire which ended up being bad enough to almost 1 shot bosses, or the one that meant you could basically have infinite souls on you vaal gem.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

Or as in the case bugs that don't crash the server, or instance some of the more damaging stuff you get to use the bug until it's fixed, like the bug that occurred a while back with bear trap or explosive arrow and cold to fire which ended up being bad enough to almost 1 shot bosses, or the one that meant you could basically have infinite souls on you vaal gem.

Did you not read the above post?
"
OsmosXTRM wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

Did you not read the above post?

Yeah, but you still come across like you want praise for something that everyone should just do instead of saying they do it. I never played a game where i read on the forum that someone would want a reward. And praise is still a reward. Maybe you didnt want it to come across that way but it did. And besides, you should have known this before making the thread.

Well, on your merry way you go! Report away to your hearts content!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info