Mathil's Crit Phys Spectral Throw (Vertical Bananas?) 1.3 Uber Viable

Gratz On uber
If I want the 3 acrobatics improvement points and phase acrobatics what points should I delay
and why didnt you take them ?
"
SpecimenJC wrote:
I was wondering, wouldn't swapping Physical Projectile Attack Damage for Increased Critical Damage be the best option for DPS or would it be too scarry to reflect? It would leave you the option to swap LMP/GMP for PPAD against bosses instead of Added cold damge.

Also, can you easily sustain your power charges or it doesn't realy matter?

i really think you don't need any more multi on this build than abyssus maligaro's and what you get from tree, maybe getting some on your ammy would be nice but even that is not necessary and yes, you would turn reflect into a massive problem, i did a lot of gem testing on standard with different gems and daggers and i gotta say i'm liking matthill setup best

it splits phys and elemental dps so neither reflect is really a oneshot issue, swapping any gem in the setup can disrupt that, especially increasing your phys dmg further with abyssus creates issues, because you have to account for situations where you're also take damage from mobs and from reflect at the same time and those are potential rips with too much crit multi

also for people trying out Bino's, this setup doesn't really wor well with it, if you have more than 1.8 AS on your dagger than this setup is probably optimal, but with slower harder hitting daggers there are probably better gems, since we run all three heralds it benefits highly from AS

for slow dagger you could drop HOT or HOI and swap out BM gem for Added Fire and sustain on mana and it would be more dps for mob clearing but you'd most likely loose dps for big boss fights compare to this high AS setup
IGN JustifiedF
Updated guide as much as I thought it needed to be.

Phase Acro doesn't feel worth the points to me in most cases but if you want to invest in there I'd be dropping some life somewhere.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Hi, what unique weapons would you use for leveling?
What are the Pros and Cons of this build over crit ele buzzsaw?
RIP Abyssus

Thats alot of lost DPS..
Ok after getting super salty because of the abyssus nerf i calmed down and tried it again with rat's nest

Yes the DPS loss is big, yes, ST got nerfed for the millionth time in a row

but look at the upside because there are many

Rat's nest gives us extra 600 evasion, which brought my evasion back up to 46%, that means we're basically imune to projectile attacks, and with a good rolled evasion flask we get almost 70% evasion against melee attacks, combine it with dodge and we're also basically immune to melee attacks, so now you dont have to waste your evasion flasks unless you're attacked by melee which is a nice survivability boost and basically gives you 100% uptime on your flask WHEN IT MATTERS

Also with extra ~70% crit chance and a good dagger you are crit capped or very close to it with power charges, which means you practically never not crit, which is a bigger dps boost than your tooltip tells you it is, sure it's not 140% crit multi with abyssus but it's still something

We get more Attack speed which means faster dodging with whirling blades, extra 10% MS which is really nice and that rarity never hurt anyone did it

So we're not oneshotting blue packs anymore, cool because you attack over 4 FUCKING TIMES per second which means you basically lost 0 clear speed cause you almost always shoot more throws than you need

Only times you'll even notice the DPS loss is probably Uber Atziri and tankier bosses, for regular mapping this build still wrecks shit and it can still do Uber Atziri just fine, now arguably even better since it's less yolo and safer

So after initial outburst of saltiness and after reviewing shit, doesn't matter still good
IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Feb 2, 2015, 10:20:13 PM
Great build, I think it's still good.
Last edited by XeonioTheImmortal on Feb 3, 2015, 3:23:23 AM
Damn it. Nothing in pathcnotes from 1.3 while they changed description of Abyssus crit multi. Nothing in patch notes of 1.3.1 that this crit multi aren't apply on ST. NOTHING. What should we do? My DPS drops from 20k GMP to 13k, thats ridiculous they do changes and NOT EVEN NOTICE us about it.
I switched to Rat's Nest like the guy above. Also moved from WED to ICD, it was about a 600dps drop but since i'm hitting crit cap 500% crit multi is better than 400% with 600 more dps.

Maps are fine still, I'll test atziri tonight probably.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info