Can you get higher chaos damage

"
"
Malone wrote:
you can reach more than 20k dps with poison arrow, just saying. ( saying for OP, not for above post )..

This is one of the best build I ever play, very powerfull and without almost any drawback.

Link to a thread? I'm thinking +3 bow, with a corrupted lvl 4 empower, which gives a level 27 poison arrow, 1,964.6 dps. 150% chaos/damage over time nodes, 20% area damage nodes, 70% from a level 21 conc effect. That's 9,017 dps. Anything else scale it I'm missing?

iHaku, you're missing
and imo thunderfists aren't great unless you're using them for a second 5L attack. Have you tried the physical to lightning gem? At 20/20 it's adding something like 80 lighting damage, could be your best 6L

"
RagnarokChu wrote:

Your missing the point I said nothing about mechanics of conversion making his damage "less", I said specifically building multiple damage sources to covert is worse off then a single source for gearing/skill tree reasons. My suggestion for him was to only convert physical as oppose to ice/fire/physical. Which then he doesn't need the quiver/gloves/armor and bow which are not good dps items to boost his total chaos damage more.

._.?

One of us is missing something about how my build is working, it may be me. 100% of my physical damage is being converted. 25% to chaos, 50% to fire, 25% to cold. 100% of the cold is converted to fire using the pyre ring, that includes the hatred aura. All that fire damage + added fire dmg gem + HoA aura then has 25% of it converted to chaos from chest.

So scaling physical, spell damage, cast speed, or crit will effect all of my damage sources equally. Chaos damage nodes from the tree may not be worth while since they only effect 43% of the initial damage, but they also effect the added chaos gem, still probably not worth it.
Here is such a build: [1.3] Sidra's Necromancing Ranger of Chaos (Poison Arrow) Videos/Atziri capable
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
iHaku wrote:

... and need the lioneyes paws then.

also: wake grant 0 movespeed. thats a problem for me :P

Maybe you dont realize that Lioneye's Paws will give you -20% MS :P
1st Hideout of the week: view-thread/1059888
Gears & Builds history: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1062423
thread got me curious, just tested a flask, only way to get chaos dmg on my char, average result

Spoiler

"
Cactus_CZ wrote:
"
iHaku wrote:

... and need the lioneyes paws then.

also: wake grant 0 movespeed. thats a problem for me :P

Maybe you dont realize that Lioneye's Paws will give you -20% MS :P

i know but i cant use any other boots anyway when lowlife.
while with ci i have the choice of wakes or actual resist-ms-ES boots.
since wakes dont give me any lower end damage its clear who wins for me.
Last edited by iHaku on Jan 22, 2015, 7:30:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info