[2.1 Video Guide] Hybrid ES/Life Tanky Zombie/Specter Summoner - The Puppet Master [HC/SC viable]

I was really enjoying the build up until the last couple bosses in A4. Despite being quite overleveled by that point it was extremely hard to do Piety and Malachi. The plethora of AoE they have (along with the fact that it's the type that's meant to almost 1-shot you if you don't dodge) just renders my minions useless. I tried using Convocation to get them out of the way, but there's just SO MUCH SHIT going on, they always die to something (especially on Malachi).

I did finally beat the final boss by using all 8 respect points I had to go back and get the double totem trait (I had stopped using Fire Totem when I got Revanents) and just run around in circles throwing down flame totems.

Anyways got me really discouraged. There's no way a boss on Normal should be that difficult, and I have no idea how I'll ever get out of Cruel (although it'll probably be easy up to the end of A4, just like normal). Just seems like GGG completely forget minion builds existed when they made that fight.
"
I was really enjoying the build up until the last couple bosses in A4. Despite being quite overleveled by that point it was extremely hard to do Piety and Malachi. The plethora of AoE they have (along with the fact that it's the type that's meant to almost 1-shot you if you don't dodge) just renders my minions useless. I tried using Convocation to get them out of the way, but there's just SO MUCH SHIT going on, they always die to something (especially on Malachi).

I did finally beat the final boss by using all 8 respect points I had to go back and get the double totem trait (I had stopped using Fire Totem when I got Revanents) and just run around in circles throwing down flame totems.

Anyways got me really discouraged. There's no way a boss on Normal should be that difficult, and I have no idea how I'll ever get out of Cruel (although it'll probably be easy up to the end of A4, just like normal). Just seems like GGG completely forget minion builds existed when they made that fight.

I completely agree with you on that mate.

This in my opinion speaks more about a flaw in the game than the build, as it otherwise is able to do it all.

It is shame though.
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Can play this build with my templar? :(
"
"

I completely agree with you on that mate.

This in my opinion speaks more about a flaw in the game than the build, as it otherwise is able to do it all.

It is shame though.

Totally agree, nothing against your build - it's working beautifully. Think they just needed a bit more testing on those last few bosses. Oh well, I'm in Cruel now and Piety actually was a bit easier this time around, so fingers crossed for Mali.
"
slimq3 wrote:
Can play this build with my templar? :(

Yes, please watch the video if you are wondering about how to progress =)
Going live on twitch in 10 minutes if you guys have questions =)

www.twitch.tv/liftingnerdbro
Why Anger instead of Wrath?
Last edited by AtomicCB on Jul 12, 2015, 10:09:47 PM
"

I edited and changed that. Wrath is the better choice =)
Hi, im playing warbands and i got myself a Vis Mortis Chest xD. Anyway it could work in this build? because it has low ES and reduces 20% minion life.
Otherwise, build is great. I killed malachai normal with double FT, every minion melted in the first attack xD.
"
"

I edited and changed that. Wrath is the better choice =)

I have a question. Here is an info from wiki about Hatred: "Additional Cold Damage: the Hatred aura works for all physical damage, including physical damage caused by spells and traps.", and Anger: "Casts an aura that adds fire damage to the attacks and spells of you and your allies.". And here we have info about Wrath: "Damage added by this aura will only be added to hits made by attacks, it will not be added to spells or damage over time effects.". See especially text in bold. Any comment on that?
May God have mercy upon my enemies; they will need it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info