[2.1 Video Guide] Hybrid ES/Life Tanky Zombie/Specter Summoner - The Puppet Master [HC/SC viable]

Does anyone tried a atziri run with this build? THe maps are not the problem (beside the chaos spider boss). But i dont know if we could get the Atziri bosses fast enough down.
Hi there,
I want ask: Why don't you pick up "minion damage" node (2 in Death Attunement and 1 in Lord of the Death). In summary it give 40% minion damage.
Last edited by kremen on Apr 18, 2015, 2:46:46 AM
Just RIP-ed this build at 82. Loved it! Easily my favorite character I've had. Thanks for the guide!
Thanks for great build. I'm at lvl 75 atm and I'm finding it very effective. Still have some problems with colours (especially on my Belly) but I'm working on it. That's why I have for now my Spectres setup as follows: Raise Spectre, Increased Area of Effect, Spell Echo, Added Cold Damage, Added Fire Damage.

I'm able to run 4 auras for now but with very limited amount of mana left (around 50) what is quite enough to run Ball Lightning without problems - hope I'll increase it in time.

My current gear

May God have mercy upon my enemies; they will need it.
Hello!

I'm rather new to the game and decided to try out this build as a Scion.

I have couple of questions though, i hope someone can answer them for me:

1) What exactly are the purpose of Spell Echo, Increased area of effect and Increased duration when linked to Raise Spectre?

2) Isn't lvl 10 bit too high level for CWDT/Enduring Cry setup? Wouldnt something like 5-6 be better since our healthpool is never gonna be too great?

3) What's the reason behind picking 2 curse cast speed nodes instead of Curse duartion and curse area of effectr? Granted neither of them are overly useful considering that we use ball lightning to spread them but i'd think increased duration would be at least slightly better, am i wrong?

4) What does the "Added fire damage" do for spectres? Don't evangelists only cast spells?

5) Could Ball lightning be substituted with something else, like Arc? I don't like Ball lightning :/

Thank you in advance!
Last edited by Gunteraz on May 20, 2015, 5:17:24 PM
"
Gunteraz wrote:
Hello!

I'm rather new to the game and decided to try out this build as a Scion.

I have couple of questions though, i hope someone can answer them for me:

1) What exactly are the purpose of Spell Echo, Increased area of effect and Increased duration when linked to Raise Spectre?

Spell echo simply makes Spectre's spells cast another time (more dmg), IAoE makes their bubbles bigger and ID makes bubbles stay for longer.

"
Gunteraz wrote:

2) Isn't lvl 10 bit too high level for CWDT/Enduring Cry setup? Wouldnt something like 5-6 be better since our healthpool is never gonna be too great?

I thought about the same actually but I went with lvl10 to check it out how it behaves and I don't complain :)

"
Gunteraz wrote:

3) What's the reason behind picking 2 curse cast speed nodes instead of Curse duartion and curse area of effectr? Granted neither of them are overly useful considering that we use ball lightning to spread them but i'd think increased duration would be at least slightly better, am i wrong?

I think two curses are really great (but I have an amu which has this affix). Because your movement speed is not so great overall casting on those guys additional Temporal Chains curse does really great job.

"
Gunteraz wrote:

4) What does the "Added fire damage" do for spectres? Don't evangelists only cast spells?

Added fire is added to their spells. Because of no luck with colors I'm using both: added cold and added fire and it works pretty well.

"
Gunteraz wrote:

5) Could Ball lightning be substituted with something else, like Arc? I don't like Ball lightning :/

I guess it could be, but because Ball Lightning is slow it does good job on spreading curses. I like it.
Thank you for your reply and thank you to the person who sent me a PM!

I'm now lvl 71 and having a blast. With your help and with practice i now more or less understand the build and things are looking promising. However i do feel that trying this build on hc would probably not be a good idea. There are some bosses at mid-game that just melted my entire zombie army in seconds and then proceeded to kill me (I'm looking at you Spinesnap and your stupid aoe chaos damage!... Also Dominus.)

Here's the gear i've managed to scrounge together so far (Let me know if there are any glaring mistakes i've made with it):

Spoiler

Few notes about the gear:
I'm not even gonna try getting 4 blues on my chest, considering the ungodly amount of effort it took me to get even 3 - i simply cannot afford it. Perhaps once i get enough money to invest into 6-link (Probably never) i will try to get the best colours possible.

To me dual-curse has low priority so at some point i will probably pick up the 4 skill nodes deeded for it and throw in Elemental weakness on my boots aswell but for now i'm happy with just Vulnerability. I actually wanted to stay with 1 curse forever and move my immortal call to boots so i can add increased duration to it but then i realized that i'm more likely to win billion dollars in a lottery than get 4 red sockets on int boots so i gave up on that idea.

My health is 4205 at the moment but i still have quite a few life nodes to pick up so i expect to hit 5000 health by lvl 85 or so. My zombies have 12175 health tho! Which is nice.

My gems are all still quite low lvl so i can't run all 4 auras yet.

And here's my current talent tree:

I do have another problem tho, which could use some advice: HOW on earth do i understand which one of those purple ******** on the ground is Evangelist. Every time one of them dies i spend 10 minutes in the sceptre of god desecrating left and right trying to get 3 evangelists up, as soon as i get 2 i somehow manage to raise wrong purple bastard and have to start all over again. Not to sound racist, but, they all look the same to me! Help?
Last edited by Gunteraz on May 23, 2015, 4:52:29 PM
"
I do have another problem tho, which could use some advice: HOW on earth do i understand which one of those purple ******** on the ground is Evangelist. Every time one of them dies i spend 10 minutes in the sceptre of god desecrating left and right trying to get 3 evangelists up, as soon as i get 2 i somehow manage to raise wrong purple bastard and have to start all over again. Not to sound racist, but, they all look the same to me! Help?

Same here bro :D Always have problems with founding and aiming on the dead Evangelist lmaaaooo. The entire summoning plan is like - take off spell echo, take off Mon tregul , running for 10-15 mins, then Internet crushes and need to repeat everything :D

But if you finally get them all, the rest is very good. That's my first real PoE character (3 more were like around 40-50 lvl, then i ended with game, now i'm back and will be playing for sure, thanks to Lifting. Hope he will made a new version of the build for an update.
"
Bolomaczete wrote:
"

Same here bro :D Always have problems with founding and aiming on the dead Evangelist lmaaaooo. The entire summoning plan is like - take off spell echo, take off Mon tregul , running for 10-15 mins, then Internet crushes and need to repeat everything :D

But if you finally get them all, the rest is very good. That's my first real PoE character (3 more were like around 40-50 lvl, then i ended with game, now i'm back and will be playing for sure, thanks to Lifting. Hope he will made a new version of the build for an update.

That's really simple. You're going into The Sceptre of God waypoint, you must remove spell echo and then you're using Desecrate to spawn dead bodies. Before you'll raise them go to game options UI tab and turn on Corpse Targeting option to be Always Enabled. Now you know which bloody corpse is a correct one, just move a cursor around it and you'll get an info. Hope that helps :)
Last edited by _phlv_ on May 24, 2015, 10:55:19 AM
Spoiler
"
"
Bolomaczete wrote:
"

That's really simple. You're going into The Sceptre of God waypoint, you must remove spell echo and then you're using Desecrate to spawn dead bodies. Before you'll raise them go to game options UI tab and turn on Corpse Targeting option to be Always Enabled. Now you know which bloody corpse is a correct one, just move a cursor around it and you'll get an info. Hope that helps :)

Wow, i didn't even know corpse targeting was a thing. You learn as long as you live, i suppose. Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info