[2.0] YeahPete's Hardcore Elemental Molten Striker | custom Loot Filter | Affordable

"

For those having trouble with the build. I had a ton of free time today I made two videos.
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger Attack Techniques
How I gain Wealth in PoE.

They are uploading right now. These are quite lengthy. I do curse a few times in the videos in case you have young children. They should be up within 12 hours.

i dont see them in your video section
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
"
i dont see them in your video section
They're up now.

IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967
Level 44 on Warbands now. Enjoying the build so far. Too bad we were hit by the last nerf: Alpha's Howl and Belly had their drop rates reduced. It will be harder and more expensive to gear for end-game now. It seems that it is a deadly sin to have fun in POE for cheap...
Last edited by lussiano on Jul 23, 2015, 5:57:50 PM
"
Level 44 on Warbands now. Enjoying the build so far. Too bad we were hit by the last nerf: Alpha's Howl and Belly had their drop rates reduced. It will be harder and more expensive to gear for end-game now. It seems that it is a deadly sin to have fun in POE for cheap...
Interesting. Did not know that. I do have a few work-arounds in mind if we can't get those items.

1.) Work around for Alpha's: Hybrid Evasion / ES / HP Helm. I'm talking 250+ Energy shield and 80+ hp w/ dual resists and an Intel Stat. This would net us a big enough HP pool we would not need enduring cry. You can replace Enduring cry w/ Rallying Cry I think it is the + dmg warcry. This will likely do more damage than the other aura's since it is another *more multiplier. W/ this method we could unspec all those aura nodes and stay on right side of tree. There are a few hp/es nodes we can pick up totaling +50% es and negating the acrobatics -50% es nerf. A better solution would prolly be hybrid evasion / es gear.

2.) Work around for belly of the beast. Gosh I really don't think there is one. Possibly energy shield gear w/ 1 or 2 of those gain energy shield on hit gems. Helm: 100, gloves: 50, Boots: 50, Armour, 300. Total: additional 500 usable life. We would lose out on some evasion. And gear like this may not even be any cheaper than belly.

I'm not quite there yet. Hit level 80, still using same gear as before. Just food for thought if you find a nice piece of ES / Evasion Gear. I will start keeping my eyes open. We will be more crit based if we use this method. Links could be a bit tricky but u can socket 3 red w/ masters: Molten STrike, Multistrike, Weapon elemental damage and get rid of mana w/ elereon jewelry. Anyways, no worries we will solve this problem when we get there and it's easily solvable if we think outside the box.

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Rallying Cry is by no means a more multiplier, it gives increased damage, which stacks with the rest of your increased damage boosts.
So yeah, it definitely won't be as good as an aura.
the ranger aint good for this kind of setup, since claws as base weapon are INT based, you should have made a templar at best.
i just respec my old archer/ranger due to 2.0 and guess what? at level 60
with
queen of the forest 5l
2x. all res% rings
meginord's belt
rainbowstride
3x jewels with physdmg% & projdmg%
soul taker + claw 4% LL

i have 3k dps with molten strike and i can barely kill blue mobs @ the sceptre of god, and when i say BARELY is that in fact while pottin like crazy!! and need 2 minutes to kill one mob.

yet again you do put prices like those for gear, but have you ever tried to check how much do Tri-res gear costs on poe? spesh those with % chaos res? they aren't 1-3c!

this aint no tank and no damage dealer, it's just a crappy attempt at "theory"-craftin builds. that failed.

yet again, i have the same molten strike setup on Sovyn's Lazy Pally, and THAT IS A TANK, and guess what? with the same gear, soul taker + shield i have 8Kdps at level 60! and that one CAN facetank anything.

just wasted 2 hours of my life tryin this crap...
yet again anyone with 238483284EX in their bank can make any crappy build into a "huge" pile of shet.
Last edited by ClaudelGFX on Jul 24, 2015, 8:14:59 AM
"
ClaudelGFX wrote:
the ranger aint good for this kind of setup, since claws as base weapon are INT based, you should have made a templar at best.
with
queen of the forest 5l
2x. all res% rings
meginord's belt
rainbowstride
soul taker + claw 4% LL

i have 3k dps with molten strike and i can barely kill blue mobs @ the sceptre of god, and when i say BARELY is that in fact while pottin like crazy!! and need 2 minutes to kill one mob.

yet again you do put prices like those for gear, but have you ever tried to check how much do Tri-res gear costs on poe? spesh those with % chaos res? they aren't 1-3c!

this aint no tank and no damage dealer, it's just a crappy attempt at "theory"-craftin builds. that failed.

yet again, i have the same molten strike setup on Sovyn's Lazy Pally, and THAT IS A TANK, and guess what? with the same gear, soul taker + shield i have 8Kdps at level 60! and that one CAN facetank anything.

yet again anyone with 238483284EX in their bank can make any crappy build into a "huge" pile of shet.

Maybe thats because you are an idiot?
Rainbow stride? We are using acrrobatic you fool
This build is elemental and you are using phys item...
Meginord
phys jewel
soul taker, phys again
also life leech on claw? This build depend on lgoh, not life leech
did you read the guide before posting your crap?

"
xenochaos1 wrote:
"
ClaudelGFX wrote:
with
queen of the forest 5l
2x. all res% rings
meginord's belt
rainbowstride
soul taker + claw 4% LL

Maybe thats because you are an idiot?
Rainbow stride? We are using acrrobatic you fool
This build is elemental and you are using phys item...
Meginord
phys jewel
soul taker, phys again
also life leech on claw? This build depend on lgoh, not life leech
did you read the guide before posting your crap?

dude dunno if you did check wtf you are using as main attack skill but imma tell ya that only 60% OF YOUR PHYS DMG will be converted to that ELEMENTAL fire damage you are so proud of, so 60% of 1000phys gets you 600 fire damage, but if you have 100 phys, you'll get only 60 fire damage, the gear i posted above are just crap i got from my other Tank, while having the same molten strike setup, and using just the soul taker + aurora and not 2 WEAPONS for duals, meaning HAVING MORE DPS! or at least that's what your build SHOULD do/have.
for me it's obvious, you can increase both phys dmg and ele damage, but what you are sayin is just WRONG, you can't increase just the ele damage and expect to have that "huge" boost. spesh when we are talkin about Molten Strike, who's base hit its first MELEE and then it's ELEMENTAL based on % of the first one, so you have to deal phys damage first so you can CONVERT IT to ELEMENTAL. because DUH! check wiki, molten strike doesnt do JUST ELEMETAL DAMAGE.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Molten_Strike
have fun reading.
yet again you should have suggested for endgame a dual with a CLAW for lof/leech + Dory Catalyst since that's the only weapon that offers the best output for Molten Strike.

anyway you still have A LOT to fix till this build gets to shine, but for now like i already said, this build without very expensive gear it's neither a TANK nor a damage dealer, it's just a bulky jack of all trades but good for none.

btw because you are using acrobatics you can't call yourself a tank since that shet just takes 50% of your armor for starters and you'll have a VERY hard time getting max blocks, plus for now dodge is shet! pure shet! i recommend gettin rid of those acrobatics and just spend 3 points for arrow dancing, and i'm not just sayin that for nothing, i have been watchin your videos and i can see how much you struggle with ranged mobs/spells, those can kill you pretty fast, thats why arrow dancing is a must! i have it on my other tank and imma tell you at level 75 i have max block and max spell block, and i never have to worry about ranged attacks, shet i can kill any ranged mob AFK with my counterattacks while smoking a ciggy.
another thing is that whirlblades, maybe it's just a pref, but i can tell you another thing, i have finished all act4's till merciless with just LEAP SLAM! while running from map to map, i have never used molten strike because my leap slam was that strong to kill mobs in 1-2 hits max, while my golen killed the rest.
Last edited by ClaudelGFX on Jul 24, 2015, 3:48:09 PM
dude dunno if you did check wtf you are using as main attack skill but imma tell ya that only 60% OF YOUR PHYS DMG will be converted to that ELEMENTAL fire damage you are so proud of, so 60% of 1000phys gets you 600 fire damage, but if you have 100 phys, you'll get only 60 fire damage, the gear i posted above are just crap i got from my other Tank, while having the same molten strike setup, and using just the soul taker + aurora and not 2 WEAPONS for duals, meaning HAVING MORE DPS! or at least that's what your build SHOULD do/have.
"
for me it's obvious, you can increase both phys dmg and ele damage, but what you are sayin is just WRONG, you can't increase just the ele damage and expect to have that "huge" boost. spesh when we are talkin about Molten Strike, who's base hit its first MELEE and then it's ELEMENTAL based on % of the first one, so you have to deal phys damage first so you can CONVERT IT to ELEMENTAL. because DUH! check wiki, molten strike doesnt do JUST ELEMETAL DAMAGE.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Molten_Strike
have fun reading.
yet again you should have suggested for endgame a dual with a CLAW for lof/leech + Dory Catalyst since that's the only weapon that offers the best output for Molten Strike.

The tree is taking %elemental dmg, if you go physical, its stupid
you dont go physical cuz only 60% of it get converted to fire, you lose 40% effectiveness with tree, you retarded

"
anyway you still have A LOT to fix till this build gets to shine, but for now like i already said, this build without very expensive gear it's neither a TANK nor a damage dealer, it's just a bulky jack of all trades but good for none.

btw because you are using acrobatics you can't call yourself a tank since that shet just takes 50% of your armor for starters and you'll have a VERY hard time getting max blocks, plus for now dodge is shet! pure shet! i recommend gettin rid of those acrobatics and just spend 3 points for arrow dancing, and i'm not just sayin that for nothing, i have been watchin your videos and i can see how much you struggle with ranged mobs/spells, those can kill you pretty fast, thats why arrow dancing is a must! i have it on my other tank and imma tell you at level 75 i have max block and max spell block, and i never have to worry about ranged attacks, shet i can kill any ranged mob AFK with my counterattacks while smoking a ciggy.
another thing is that whirlblades, maybe it's just a pref, but i can tell you another thing, i have finished all act4's till merciless with just LEAP SLAM! while running from map to map, i have never used molten strike because my leap slam was that strong to kill mobs in 1-2 hits max, while my golen killed the rest.
Last edited by ClaudelGFX on July 24, 2015 3:48 PM

this build was designed for people with low currency,casual player, or at a start of a new league,
the purpose it to be able to tank anything with Good life pool+LGOH+mitigation from endurance charge/fortify/AA (we not not need armor nor do we need evasion you retarded so we dont care acro take 50% out of armor)(acro provide realy good additional defense for no currency at all only a few node)
(we dont care about arrow dancing since we aren not evasion and range attack never 1 shot you)
(we do notcare you have an other build with max block, those build required lots of currency usually, this build is not designed to be expensive)
(wtf we dont care that you prefer leap slam over Whirling blade, use wathever you want ou retard)

FInaly, why do you come over here, dont read the guide, try something stupid with physical and leech (while the build is designed around elemental and LGOH) than bitch about it?! just dont come over here stay in your Lazy Pally thread you retarded. If you have currency for Rainbowstride/fency Axe/aurora shield, why the fuck would u try a cheap build designed to start in a new league?! and wtf dude you went life leech, while the defense #1 of the build is designed around life gain on hti with molten strike.
U ask why u were doing 3k dmg with physical weapon? its easy to answer THIS BUILD IS ELEMENTAL!!! its a BuzzSaw build you get lots of dmg aura+inc aura effect+%elemental dmg+elemental dmg on weapon, if you get phys dmg on your weapon its pointless.

Please dont answer back to my reply, just go away if you want to read the guide and try it for real.
Let people enjoy this awesome build/guide without you preferably!

"
Rallying Cry is by no means a more multiplier, it gives increased damage, which stacks with the rest of your increased damage boosts.
So yeah, it definitely won't be as good as an aura.
ah. ok no problem. TO be honest we don't even need that stuff. I'm getting 16k dps w/ my current gear and the gems aren't even lvl 20 or quality yet. Alpha's and belly will go down in price anyways and I am clearing maps fine w/o those items.

"
Let me guess. You saw the title and said hey this might be cool. You skipped reading this and looked at the passive tree. You thought, hey I'm going to make some "improvements". Then you grab a bunch of random gear and test the build. Then you itch about why this build doesn't work. Well, It doesn't work because you didn't follow the guide. I am only using 2 offensive aura's and my two weapons have an average dps of 255. So how is it that I am doing over 16k tooltip dps from weapons that costed 5 and 10 chaos?

I recommend you delete your posts before you make a fool out of yourself. Then read the full guide and learn why this build works. Then if your having problems, post your tree / gear and I can help.

This paragraph is to everyone out there reading this. This guide is more than just starting out. This build can do just as much dps as all those other builds. I simply don't play enough to have the 200+ exalts it takes to get that gear. If I can do 30k tooltip dps w/ under 250dps weapons. What kind of dps you people think if we had that perfect gears everyone who posts thier build in standard has? I hope one of you can take this build further than me. I don't get enough time and I am very curious as to the maximum potential of this build.

My Guides
Last edited by YeahPete on Jul 24, 2015, 7:02:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info