[2.0] YeahPete's Hardcore Elemental Molten Striker | custom Loot Filter | Affordable

"
YeahPete wrote:

I thought I saw a post that someone said they were dieing.
If this is the case post your level, gear, and hp. You really shouldn't die if you've followed my guide, your likely missing something.

I also posted a few quick videos of passive tree, gems, and gear selection.

I try did it but puch to much and RIPed at lvl 63 (I planed transition to FB at lvl 65).
I am now 59 still in cruel A4. Things are starting to hit a bit harder and I can feel the dmg increase. It's within these past few levels I have starting to swap gear around or craft some replacements. I have been taking it pretty slow. A4 cruel with 2.5KHP and I am just farming dried lake for a few more lvls.

Also to note with this build I have done every boss myself so far while progressing, while tons of guildies are still paying C for boss clears. Pansies.
I am confused. Why did you would choose elemental damage mods over physical damage mods on your claws? Would high physical damage claws, Wrath and HoA be higher dps?

Have you considered elemental equilibrium? Your skill tree is in the area and you're running all 3 types of elemental damage.
Last edited by Glowstix on Jul 22, 2015, 1:52:59 PM
This build doesn't scale physical damage at all, so it is effectively useless. However, it relies on flat elemental damage from auras and gear combined with high attack speed and some elemental damage on the tree to dish out some quite high damage. For this reason, it is much better to get flat elemental damage on claws than physical damage.

Also, I don't think you understood how EE (Elemental Equilibrium) works, I admit the wording is confusing : this build deals all 3 elemental damage types in one attack, resulting in +25% in all resistances for the next attack. If it dealt fire and lightning damage in one attack, the mob would get +25% fire and lightning resistance and -50% cold resistance for the next attack.
In the end EE doesn't benefit this build at all, it actually reduces the DPS.
"
Vadler wrote:
In the end EE doesn't benefit this build at all, it actually reduces the DPS.

I am still a poe newb, that was a very helpful, thank you! Would you help me understand another mechanic? Does WED multiply damage from elemental skills or just the +x-y modifiers from gear/auras/etc?

If I use lightning arrow (50% phys to lit) and link it to PtL (another 50% phys to lit), now I'm doing 100% elemental damage. Can I then link WED as a third gem to increase that damage to 160% dmg as lightning? I'm ignoring the bonus dmg on PtL for ease of math.

What u think about use Hyrri's Ire Zodiac Leather and Alpha's howl? I am now trying to 4r 2g a Hyrri's Ire Zodiac Leather but spent 1200 chromes and didnt got the colours :=(, i will keep trying until get the right colours.

What u think about the idea of use this body armour?
Im not sure how u survive?
Beside AA mitigation, which only works when you stans still
Endurance charge generated with whirling blade
and fortify
I Dont see much dmg mitigation... So how do you survive?
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
I was lucky to get a Tabula Rasa drop, DPS just skyrocketed :)
I tested many skill/support gem setups from level 44-47.

Molten strike has same DPS tool tip as Lightning strike. I found an interesting Hypnotic Desire Viridian jewel that grants 9% increased damage, 10% crit multiplier with lightning skills, 13% increased freeze duration and 2% chance to freeze. I think we can get rid of Blood Rage with it + Ice Bite to grant frenzy charges quickly (i also use Poacher's Mark as CWDT setup) and grant an additional form of defensive mechanic in the form of freeze. With 5 gems that is +10% chance to freeze, you have got 5 % from Elementalist, 10% from Ice Bite 2 skill points to spec on Freeze and another 3 to spec on Celestial punishment (witch also grant 25 % increased damage bonus). That is total 35% chance to freeze, with high attack speed it is a guaranteed :) Maybe even Hypothermia can be considered instead of FA that i use currently in that way.

A possible endgame skill tree with 6 sockets (no Point Balnk because of Lightning Strike, although can be used with other skill as well)):
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4B3ASzCC4PqxUgFm8WvxcvGGoZihmOGbQaOBqPHRQj9iSLJpUnLy2DMHEwfDIJMok1kjlSOkI62DwtRXxHfkt4TZJRR1VLVdZX4lgHWfNh4mTnZU1mnmxGcg9ybHKpd-N35XgNfXWApIKbg8yE2Yw2jX2Nv49GkFWXBpeXm42boaIAo4qpbqyqr-u0OLXytz674702vqfAGsBmwzrEosT2xq7TftQj2L3dqOFz42rlGe0g7YPuDu969qP22vrS-wn79f4K_rr-j03jpldxhfMRsUIC_t-Em7WExW87N9TtPyzphrODX5RvZlRR-80WHxg=

Also a bit strange, but despite the 30% more DPS on tool tip of molten/lightning strike, i have found Frost Blades (without chain/fork/GMP/LMP) to achieve the fastest clear speed. I must note that the increased range of this skill grants a lot of defense. Currently i even use a self found sword in my offhand to increase DPS and i have rarely have to use flasks with this setup.
Last edited by D3cado on Jul 22, 2015, 4:23:55 PM
"
YeahPete wrote:

Thanks for all the great feedback. Definately got me thinking. My brain hurts a bit now. Also... Jewels. Wow the potential. I may change the passive tree to include more jewels. I'm also suspecting that jewels will drop in price as the market gets saturated.

I wouldn't. Haven't found many/any worth it. not for this build. Possibly a block build.

Only one close was someone in global suggested that intuitive leap, would let you skip acrobatics, and grab phase acro.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Intuitive_Leap
Pretty sure they were wrong though.
"
I am confused. Why did you would choose elemental damage mods over physical damage mods on your claws? Would high physical damage claws, Wrath and HoA be higher dps?
This is an elemental build, thats why. Physical spec requires better gear and more passives which reduces our tankyness.

"
Have you considered elemental equilibrium? Your skill tree is in the area and you're running all 3 types of elemental damage.
I'm guessing you don't know what Elemental Equilibrium does. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Elemental_Equilibrium

"
What u think about the idea of use this body armour?
Not in Tempest league. I don't really think it's that good. On the contrary I actually want to get hit to proc my CoDT. The +500 hp from belly keeps you alive. The only other item that gives more hp is koams. If you want to try something different get those +es on hit gems and get a bunch of ES gear and unspec acrobatics. Spec into the ES HP hybrid nodes. Sockets might b a pain though.

"
Im not sure how u survive?
I'm lvl 80 now, Tempest league. I did complete the game overleveled. But thats quite common on 1st playthrough in a league. I stopped at Dried lake Cruel at level 54 and farmed it till I was 64. Then I traded for gear and ran through all the way through and at lvl 80 I am still using that same gear. Only 5k hp though but since I am used to this build I specced more into offense instead of life. I accidently tanked one of voll's slams he hit for 3k. Potions are very important. Post your gear and passive tree if you are having difficulty so we can see what you need.

"
Beside AA mitigation, which only works when you stans still
When I do the what I like to call the "balls to the face technique" I am standing still. Same for most bosses. You stand in 1 spot and wack the piss out of them. While you are attacking you are standing still.

I Dont see much dmg mitigation... So how do you survive?
Enfeeble: 25% mitigation
AA while attacking: 12% mitigation
3 Endurance Charges: 12% mitigation
Random Evasion: 10%
Acrobatics: 40% mitigation
Phase acrobatics: 30% spell avoidence.
Max resists.
Thats a shit ton of of mitigation / avoidence if you ask me. Read into how armour works:
Damage Reduction Factor = Armour / ( Armour + (10 * Damage) )
Lets do the math:
Lets pretend Brutus Map hits for 6k dmg which I assume he does.
Now lets assume u got 10k armor.
10,000 / (10,000 + (10 * 6000))
Dmg reduction = .14
So w/ 10k armour you will take: 5160 dmg from Kole
Thats only 14% dmg reduction. ROFL. FOR ALL THAT ARMOUR. The same as our FREE 3 endurance charges. The same as our auto cast enfeeble at 50% effectiveness
Only 2 % higher than our arctic armour

W/ my setup: you will take:
Fortify 20%
Enfeeble: 10%
AA: 12%
End Charges: 12%
Total = 54% Dmg reduction = 2760 dmg
and thats if you haven't evaded it.

The real question is how is it possible to die? A monster hitting for 12k physical dmg we will survive it as long as you are using the correct techniques and NO armour needed. I made a video demonstrating proper techniques. It is uploading now.

"
Also a bit strange, but despite the 30% more DPS on tool tip of molten/lightning strike, i have found Frost Blades (without chain/fork/GMP/LMP) to achieve the fastest clear speed.
I Agree frost blades clear speed would be quicker, but I don't think it's as safe / tanky. It has not nearly the leech potential. I will eventually make a video testing the leech and number of hits of molten strike.

For those having trouble with the build. I had a ton of free time today I made two videos.
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger Attack Techniques
How I gain Wealth in PoE.

They are uploading right now. These are quite lengthy. I do curse a few times in the videos in case you have young children. They should be up within 12 hours.

IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967
Last edited by YeahPete on Jul 22, 2015, 10:54:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info