[2.0] YeahPete's Hardcore Elemental Molten Striker | custom Loot Filter | Affordable

"
xenochaos1 wrote:
what gear do you have in video?

cuz you psot a gear section with budget selfound rare dual claw, and you also post a lvl85+ gear with things like alpha hawl and soul taker?!?!

I am poor, is this build cheap or not?
is this build atziri viable too?!

what was your dps wit the rare items? (average)?

can you use other skill than molten strike? light strike, ice crash?!

Soul taker has gone down in price quiet a lot before and alpha's howl has always been in budget builds late-game. In TEMPEST there is already one for 20 ex.. and things are expensive at start of a league.

Alpha's howl is only a dps increase to us so you can think it as spending a few exalt into a weapon too.

So, those two uniques don't really change the build from budget to anything else. If you cannot afford an alpha later in game you are doing something terribly wrong.
Last edited by MorBirDinazor on Jul 15, 2015, 11:05:14 PM
yeah, I really like the new Arctic armor.

yeahpete, did you play around with block at all? +4 block daggers, +2 dodge swords.
So close to all those block nodes, we don't grab.
The DW itself. you don't actually grab any DW nodes do you? Just twin terrors at the very end.

and with DW. Mace/claw? Mace's Inc elem damage are a large dps boost.

Also, wildstrike I think works well with this build as well. Ice crash/blades not so much.

Had a 19% innervate drop.. have not found a way to work it in yet.

What I have been doing as a variant however is, wb+CoH+poachersmark+fort. to dive in.
life/mana on hit from poachers, +flask refill, and frenzy on kill. This gives me most of my frenzies.
with frenzy also slotted, just to tag once in a while with a single hit to keep the duration fresh as needed. This is just for kill speed, not for bosses. play safe there. But a "safe" map, etc. offhand mace, frenzy charges, and if we can get that innervate onslaught in there.
"
MorBirDinazor wrote:
"
xenochaos1 wrote:

cuz you psot a gear section with budget selfound rare dual claw, and you also post a lvl85+ gear with things like alpha hawl and soul taker?!?!

Soul taker has gone down in price quiet a lot before and alpha's howl has always been in budget builds late-game. In TEMPEST there is already one for 20 ex.. and things are expensive at start of a league.

Alpha's howl is only a dps increase to us so you can think it as spending a few exalt into a weapon too.

So, those two uniques don't really change the build from budget to anything else. If you cannot afford an alpha later in game you are doing something terribly wrong.

I can only play a few hours a week, i cannot afford alpha hawl nor soul taker, he posted a build with gear that cost around 35 chaos rob in total:
"
As you can see only 37 chaos in price. Many prices were estimated high as well.

is this true? or a lie?!, can i play this build with 35 chaos? (well i usually get around 5-6 exalted worth of currency per league)
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
I have been playing all self found and find the build working well so far. I'm only level 60 but I will try to buy Alphas if I can afford it when I get to that point.
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
"
MorBirDinazor wrote:
"
xenochaos1 wrote:

I can only play a few hours a week, i cannot afford alpha hawl nor soul taker, he posted a build with gear that cost around 35 chaos rob in total:
"
As you can see only 37 chaos in price. Many prices were estimated high as well.

is this true? or a lie?!, can i play this build with 35 chaos? (well i usually get around 5-6 exalted worth of currency per league)

It is, as in, this build works with self-found and 4-5 chaos items in slots. It just has a *better* end-game with spending a little more.

Alpha will be around 10-15c later on btw in tempest specificly and you can't expect to hit 90+ in a reasonable time without spending more. This build is to make $$$ for your expensive build or simply buy items for this if u like it. At least thats how im using it.
Last edited by MorBirDinazor on Jul 16, 2015, 2:00:26 AM
I noticed when for your gem setup you mention faster attacks before GMP. But looking at your gear you have GMP instead of faster attacks which one do you recommend for the 5th link?

Currently I'm using Faster Attacks. But I have been leveling a GMP as well in the very rare chance I get a 6L.

Last edited by xxissuesxx on Jul 16, 2015, 2:39:21 AM
Level 52 at the moment, just corrupted a jewel into the Self-Flagellation unique jewel.

Gives one additional curse. That's pretty damn useful. Already have dual curse at 52, wish I had known about this jewel sooner.
"

It is, as in, this build works with self-found and 4-5 chaos items in slots. It just has a *better* end-game with spending a little more.

Alpha will be around 10-15c later on btw in tempest specificly and you can't expect to hit 90+ in a reasonable time without spending more. This build is to make $$$ for your expensive buil
d or simply buy items for this if u like it. At least thats how im using it.[/quote]

Ive never reach level 90, max i got is 84

And i will main this build, since i cannot afford other more expensive build, and how do you make money with this build for other build? Its not an mf build?
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Jul 16, 2015, 9:55:14 AM
I'm having a lot of fun with this build so far.

I have a small dilemma now when I'm respecting and fine-tuning at level 60.
At the moment I reach Acrobatics through the survivalist node for a total of 48% increase to evasion and a 14% all resist.
I could respec that and go through Herbalism for a total of 20% increase life and improved life recovery from flask. This would also cost an EXTRA two points.
Cannot decide if the extra 20% life is worth 2 more points and the loss of resistance and evasion.

I should point out that this is a softcore character, and that I'm far from being expert in PoE...
Another note.
The updated info on gems. and purchasing asap, to keep them level 1.
Def true, but self found might be tough for a couple.
Its not the CHEAPEST in the world, but it should be noted.
"
decrease level of skill gem TO 1 =
skill gem ×1+1× Orb of Regret

Also, easy way to get level 1 cast when damage taken.
They are sold in Act 4 normal. Simply GO to act 4 normal. And ask anyone you see in the level range 32-40, to buy you one. Global may or may not work. But asking directly in local to someone you are standing in front of. Will likely work.

I'd go with GMP before faster attacks. FA will cost more mana for the same damage, but increase dps.
GMP will increase damage, and increase aoe size. the issue then being, is FA better for single target, due to less spread? dunno. Kindof wondered if conc effect would be good too.

p.s. dear poe. why do you mock me?
Last edited by Casia on Jul 16, 2015, 6:32:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info