[2.0] YeahPete's Hardcore Elemental Molten Striker | custom Loot Filter | Affordable

Lots of questions lets hope I can answer them all.

"
How do you curse when leveling up? or do you even use curses while leveling?

I use Cast when Damage Taken to Curse. If you want to curse yourself, you use blood magic gem.

"
cuz you psot a gear section with budget selfound rare dual claw, and you also post a lvl85+ gear with things like alpha hawl and soul taker?!?!
As you get higher levels, you find and trade for more items and if you save currency you can easily afford the items in this build. PLayed about 2 hours a day in the flashback hardcore league and was able to afford alpha's and 5L belly before that league was over and thats from nothing.

"
is this build atziri viable too?!

I did an azuri attempt but was unsuccessful. I have not made another attempt. This version of the build is much more tanky though. For Azuri you need hundreds of hours of accumulative playtime to afford the perfect gear needed. I was hoping it could be done with cheap gear, but I was unable to kill her on ym 1st attempt I just don't get enough playtime maybe this league. I was also unprepared for the fight and am now more learned as to the specific items and character setup needed to kill her (mainly a crit build w/ surgeons flasks of resists).

"
what was your dps wit the rare items? (average)?
ON my lvl 85 char my Tooltip DPS was 19k with self crafted rares. With good 300 dps claws it would be much more. You can double your tooltip dps for your dps once those balls start dropping. Right now lvl 63 and 2.4k dps w/o fire golem and frenzy charges. Still crap gear, great thing is as you level your damage goes up from gems not because of weapons.

"
can you use other skill than molten strike? light strike, ice crash?!

I find they aren't as effective in both number of hits for leech and damage.

"
yeahpete, did you play around with block at all? +4 block daggers, +2 dodge swords.
Nah you get 30% reduced block from acrobatic. Also takes away from your lifepool which is the most important.

"
The DW itself. you don't actually grab any DW nodes do you? Just twin terrors at the very end.
Nope. You get a bonus more attack speed and more physical damage while dual wielding. ANd if you get a few of the right mods on claws that will help with dps.

"
and with DW. Mace/claw? Mace's Inc elem damage are a large dps boost.

Could work if you find a fast enough scepter. But most are too slow and you lose that much leech as well. If you want more damage over leech go for it.

"
Also, wildstrike I think works well with this build as well.
I tried it. I did like no damage for me.

"
And i will main this build, since i cannot afford other more expensive build, and how do you make money with this build for other build? Its not an mf build?
Chaos and Regal Recipe. As well As selling Alts. The more you invest into this build the faster you Kill. Maps like lvl 74 Gorge can be cleared in under 3 minutes.

"
At the moment I reach Acrobatics through the survivalist node for a total of 48% increase to evasion and a 14% all resist.
Not sure why you did not follow the planned route? Eventually, better gear will allow us to unspec all those resists nodes, providing additional points to allocate elsewhere.

"
Cannot decide if the extra 20% life is worth 2 more points and the loss of resistance and evasion.
Life is the most important thing here. A healing or granite flask can easily provide resists on the fly.

"
I'd go with GMP before faster attacks.
I originally thought this was the case, but for me, even though GMP does provide a DPS increase, my overall clear speed is much faster because you chain attacks so much faster instead of seperate attacks it become like cyclone where you are attacking and moving at the same time very fluid.
IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967
Last edited by YeahPete on Jul 16, 2015, 10:48:36 PM
I thought reduced mana doesn't work with "reserved mana" skills? It says it doesn't in the wiki.
Hi, I'm pretty new (played a bit years ago) and saw your build. It looks cool and I'd like to try it. Could you give me a few tips on what gems I should use in Act 1-4 normal and cruel and what weapons/gear to look out for? Thanks
Hey thanks for the guide! 2 questions:

1. Is Immortal Call not needed til maps?
2. If cwdt says that it supports lvl say, 40 or lower, is that total levels combined or no?

*3. If each molten ball can't shotgun now is gmp still needed for aoe? added cold is giving alot more dps..but i'm still leveling.
Last edited by CptNinjetty on Jul 17, 2015, 5:07:16 PM
Hi, im trying this build, but i have a little question why claws and not faster one handed tri ele weapons? for life leech?
"
I thought reduced mana doesn't work with "reserved mana" skills? It says it doesn't in the wiki.
It doesn't anymore. That is my old gear from previous league. I guess I'll take that down it seems to be confusing people. If you look at the gem setup spoiler, reduced mana is not listed.

"
Could you give me a few tips on what gems I should use in Act 1-4 normal and cruel and what weapons/gear to look out for? Thanks
It's all included in the guild in the items section. The build is very gem oriented and not gear specific. Just 4 link items, a belt w/ strength, and an amulet w/ intel. Everything else just get as much hp as possible. Just aquire the gems listed. Please see the Getting started portion of the guide.

"
1. Is Immortal Call not needed til maps?

I'm in Cruel A4, haven't needed it yet. I hope we can do without it actually.

"
2. If cwdt says that it supports lvl say, 40 or lower, is that total levels combined or no?
That is the level of the spell gem much be that level or lower. Support gems can be any level.

"
*3. If each molten ball can't shotgun now is gmp still needed for aoe? added cold is giving alot more dps..but i'm still leveling.
That is a common misconception. Molten strike still shotguns per a GGG inquiry I made.

"
Hi, im trying this build, but i have a little question why claws and not faster one handed tri ele weapons? for life leech?
Yes. Using claw we get tons of leech without having to use a leech gem.

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Last edited by YeahPete on Jul 17, 2015, 7:00:18 PM
Isnt 143% inc max life from tree a bit low for a build that depend on hp+lgoh to survive?
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
how do u sustain 4 auras
So I tried those new claws for mana gain...

Their wording is little different. It doesnt seem to be working for each projectile.

Also as im 74lvl, 2 mana gain from passive is no longer enough and for single target I need to carry 1 mana pot around...

So yeah, thats it for my input on this area
"
Isnt 143% inc max life from tree a bit low for a build that depend on hp+lgoh to survive?
Your only talking about the tree at level 74. We spec life nodes after we grab those passives. I Have 3.4k hp at level 63. If your concerned, spec into more hp instead of dual curse and the auras.

"
how do u sustain 4 auras

You must use alpha's howl and an aura in each slot in the helm. And grab the ranger aura and the templar aura cluster.

"
So I tried those new claws for mana gain...
Their wording is little different. It doesnt seem to be working for each projectile.

"The projectile changes in 2.0.0 remove shotgunning - this means that of a set of projectiles fired together, only one can collide with any given enemy.
Molten strike projectiles cannot collide with any enemies, and thus cannot shotgun. Their AoE can overlap to damage things multiple times, this has not changed."
-Mark_GGG

I think the real problem is you swing too many times depleting your mana before the magma balls even hit the ground. ANd thats exactly what I was worried about because if you have 7 attacks per second, you go through two attack cycles and some attacks possibly missing before the magma balls can shotgun. If you truely want to do this route, you need eleron jewels and a level 1 molten strike gem. With the right weapons, this is probably the best setup for endgame, but it requires the most expensive gear.

My Guides
Last edited by YeahPete on Jul 18, 2015, 7:18:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info