Mechanics thread

Does Always hits mods on Lioneye's Glare, applied to critical hit too ? unevaded crit ?
IGN : Xilax
Crits are rolled independent of to hit rolls, is there any item/passive that specifically allows evading crits? 0.o

If I have (sadly I don't) the Shield Titucus Span, and the Amulet Stone of Lazhwar,
will the 25% added block chance to projectiles be added before or after the spell block chance?
As in, if I have 30% block chance, and half block chance against spells, and I'm hit by a spell projectile, is the block chance (30%/2)+25% = 40%, or is it (30%+25%)/2= 27.5%?
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
Crits are rolled independent of to hit rolls, is there any item/passive that specifically allows evading crits? 0.o
The Evasion stat lowers your chance to be crit by the same percentage as your chance to be hit. 50% Evasion means 50% less crit chance for your enemy.

I have no idea whether Lioneye's Glare takes this in account, but I'd lean towards no :/
Ah, standard evasion.
That was too close.^^ Good question indeed; Though it says it's a second hit roll;
Depends on how "always hits" is calculated.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
There's something annoying with Burning mechanics. Any amount of damage will cause the burning effect. I can be in merciless with a 1-3 fire damage from a mod, and I will make all enemies catch fire on crits. It does really does no damage though, obviously! In these PvE cases, the annoyance is more cosmetic, but in the case of say PvP, it might cause unnecessary use of precious mana/life flasks to dispel a "no damage" burning.

That's why I suggest there be a minimum amount of fire damage needed to successfully trigger burning. Maybe based of on % of max life damage dealt, like it is for the duration of frozen and shocked.

Last edited by Thalandor on Nov 2, 2012, 11:20:23 AM
blood rage is affected by inner force right? skill's description says its a buff, but the tags on it don't. think some skills need extra tags like in this case. light arrow is another as splitting is separate from forking.
"
Malice wrote:
Effect on experience
For a description on how experience is shared between players, see the level scaling section above. Only party members actually in the instance count toward getting XP. If one member is in town he gets no XP.
Experience is only shared with other players who are near you (roughly two screens). Monsters are still made harder by players elsewhere on the level.
Being in an are with a party member grants you a 30% experience bonus.
Monsters give +50% base XP for every party member after the first.
Could this get edited to more accurately describe the mechanics involved? It should state something like:

--------
There's a 50% bonus for each additional party member after the first, there's also a 30% bonus to the total of all of the party member bonuses. This acts effectively like a 65% bonus per party member added.

Formula is as follows:
ExpGained = BaseExp * (1 + (AdditionalPartyMembers * 0.5 * 1.3))
---------

Or you could just describe it as a 65% bonus to the base exp per additional party member, as this is functionally how it works.

This being worded poorly has aided in my humiliation in at least one thread (note, only aided, I did most of the work myself). :)
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
i read it as 1+ .3+ (.5 * number of party members NOT counting yourself).
What resists/def/eva/attack types have skeles/zombies/spectres?
ign: Ron
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
i read it as 1+ .3+ (.5 * number of party members NOT counting yourself).

Problem is adding 1 person to your party (duoing, or 2 man party) is 165% base (or +65%)mob exp. Using your formula it would be 180% (or +80%)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info