Mechanics thread

Do life regeneration and life leech work together towards the 20% max life/second "cap".

Meaning: if i have 3% life regen from passive skills (and equipment and auras and totems), can i leech only 17% of my life per second, before the leech is queued?

OR

Is the 20%/second "cap" separate for life leech, and life regen is a completely different thing

The latter is how i understand it due to the first page of this thread:

"The regeneration rate of life gained from life leech is capped at 20% of maximum life per second."
IGN: N_Bohr
I read one of Mark's posts saying that Resolute Technique has no interaction with block. This got me thinking, are there monster block chances? And are they different for each enemy type?
Last edited by BurnOutBrighter on Nov 3, 2012, 3:54:07 PM
"
Ola wrote:
Do life regeneration and life leech work together towards the 20% max life/second "cap".

Meaning: if i have 3% life regen from passive skills (and equipment and auras and totems), can i leech only 17% of my life per second, before the leech is queued?

OR

Is the 20%/second "cap" separate for life leech, and life regen is a completely different thing

"The regeneration rate of life gained from life leech is capped at 20% of maximum life per second."

It's the latter.

Your natural life regen has no interaction with the cap.
Alice_of_Wraeclast - Dagger CI Witch
Alice_MadnessReturns - Molten Strike AoF witch
Flavour Build concept taken from Alice: Madness Returns
"
wxyjac wrote:
"
Ola wrote:

OR

It's the latter.

Your natural life regen has no interaction with the cap.

Thanks for the information.

A follow-up question: How do life flask work with these. Are they also in the "regeneration" category?
IGN: N_Bohr
Flasks are also regeneration, but again their own separate 'category' (Flask Recovery Rate and the likes). They can also be made instant with Flask Affixes, or useless with Vaal Pact :)

----------
Serpent Stance makes me paranoid I'm being dumb. It adds Global Crit Chance and Multiplier when using Staves. Far as I know, all Crit Chance/Mult bonuses from the passive tree are Global; is that correct? If not, how does Snake Stance[sic] work?
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 4, 2012, 8:57:07 AM
Yeah, crit chance increases from the tree should all be global.

I'm guessing it's to emphasize that it applies to both spells and attacks. If it didn't have global in there many people would probably interpret it as increased critical strike chance with staves.
Last edited by hubb on Nov 4, 2012, 11:58:04 AM
The reason they used that wording, it's just the only cluster that grants global crit with a particular kind of weapon equipped.

All other weapon-crit nodes read like:
"Heartpierce: 60% critical strike chance with bows"

While they could just say: "50% critical strike chance while wielding a staff"

Many people wouldn't notice the difference; they'd assume it's "with staves". Adding in the global qualifier just forces you to notice, that's all.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Okay, that makes sense. Thanks, you two :)
"
Ola wrote:
No. This is very easy to see if you understand that there is no cap.
20% of max life per second is not a cap on life leech, it's the speed all life leech happens at.
If you leech any amount of life, you will get that life back at a rate equal to 20% of your max life per second (affected by leech speed modifiers). Other recovery of life happens at it's own speeds.
How do fork and chain support gems interact with the increase/decrease in damage from the point blank keystone passive for ranged attacks? Do they "reset" the distance traveled of the original projectile or is the distance added when calculating the damage modification from point blank?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info