Mechanics thread

Q: is Cold Snap's non-critical chance to freeze calculated on a per cast basis, or a per monster basis?

Q: does it stack additively with the passive skill Freeze and Elemental Weakness?

Q: is non-critical freeze calculated before or after critical strikes?

Thank you.
experience showed me it is per cast basis but that doesn't feel correct.

chance to freeze and duration of such stacks additively with other boosts to freeze chance and durations.

a few pages ago in this thread, status effect chances (all of them) happen after crits. reducing the actual percent of freeze chance because crits and proc'ing are overlapping.
"
fmoss3 wrote:
Q: is Cold Snap's non-critical chance to freeze calculated on a per cast basis, or a per monster basis?
per monster
"
fmoss3 wrote:
Q: does it stack additively with the passive skill Freeze and Elemental Weakness?
Yes
"
fmoss3 wrote:
Q: is non-critical freeze calculated before or after critical strikes?
technically after, but it makes no difference anyway.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Oct 28, 2012, 10:32:03 PM
I still freeze and shatter monsters with Ice Nova even though I have RT. It's linked to conc effect and added lightning damage, not to something like added cold damage which would give it a chance to freeze/shatter. What's happening?

Char is AndysanKenobi.

*Also, RE damage conversions, I want to know if I have this right:
Unavailable

With GH I'll do:

50 * 1.41 * 1.25 = ~88% phys
50 * 1.73 * 1.25 = ~108% cold
(50 * 1.41 * 1.25) * 0.32 * 1.73 = ~49% fire

And then the various "increased" modifiers are applied.

*And any integer elemental damage would be increased by damage effectiveness and increased weapon elemental damage. Does elemental damage on the weapon and from gear behave differently?
Last edited by hubb on Oct 29, 2012, 5:11:01 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
hubb wrote:
I still freeze and shatter monsters with Ice Nova even though I have RT. It's linked to conc effect and added lightning damage, not to something like added cold damage which would give it a chance to freeze/shatter. What's happening?

Ice Nova is a spell
Resolute Technique affects only attacks.

"
hubb wrote:

*Also, RE damage conversions, I want to know if I have this right:
Unavailable

With GH I'll do:

(50 * 1.41 * 1.25) * 0.32 * 1.73 = ~49% fire

And then the various "increased" modifiers are applied.

*And any integer elemental damage would be increased by damage effectiveness and increased weapon elemental damage. Does elemental damage on the weapon and from gear behave differently?

With an attack you will always have :

base damage * (1+ all %increased) * damage effectiveness * more damage * conversion

For Added Fire Damage, you calculate the fire damage with the base physical damage and not the physical damage after conversion.

For elemental damage, their is no difference between weapon and gear, but their is a difference for physical damage.

I hope i'm clear.

Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Kissan wrote:
Ice Nova is a spell
Resolute Technique affects only attacks.

The node reads "Never get Critical Strikes". I haven't seen a mod comment on it, but I've seen plenty of people say that it affects both spell and attacks without being corrected by one.

"
Kissan wrote:
For Added Fire Damage, you calculate the fire damage with the base physical damage and not the physical damage after conversion.

Nope:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
So...a 100 physical damage attack having 30% added as fire and 50% of it converted from physical to fire would do a total of:

50 Physical Damage
80 Fire Damage

Is this correct?
Yes.

*Edit:
I found this though:
"
wiggin wrote:
So you have a bow with physical damage 50-100, hatred aura will ADD 20% cold damage to that, which would be 10-20 cold damage. Lightning arrow would convert 50% of physical damage to light damage (25-50 ltg). Result of this combo would be:
25-50 physical
10-20 cold
25-50 light

I think since Hatred isn't linked to the skill specifically it works from base weapon damage before conversion. Question is, would it then be affected by a weapon elemental damage support?
Last edited by hubb on Oct 29, 2012, 5:51:05 AM
"
hubb wrote:
The node reads "Never get Critical Strikes". I haven't seen a mod comment on it, but I've seen plenty of people say that it affects both spell and attacks without being corrected by one.

It seems logical to me it would works like i'm saying.

"
hubb wrote:

Nope:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
So...a 100 physical damage attack having 30% added as fire and 50% of it converted from physical to fire would do a total of:

50 Physical Damage
80 Fire Damage

Is this correct?
Yes.

100 base physical damage, 30% added physical->fire and 50% conversion physical->fire :

Added :
100*0.3 = 30 fire damage

Conversion :
physical = 100*(1-0.5) = 50 physical damage
fire = 100*0.5 = 50 fire damage

Final : 50 physical damage and 80 fire damage

It's like i'm saying.

Edit :
"
I think since Hatred isn't linked to the skill specifically it works from base weapon damage before conversion. Question is, would it then be affected by a weapon elemental damage support?

Yes
Last edited by Kissan on Oct 29, 2012, 5:54:43 AM
Ugh, that is right of course. Guess I'm more tired than I thought. So, revised:

100 * 0.32 * 1.41 * 1.73 * 1.25 = ~96% fire

This seems too powerful and very unintuitive to me.

"
Kissan wrote:
"
hubb wrote:

It does seem logical but I've learnt to take things at face value in this game. If it says "never get critical strikes" then I think that's the case.
Last edited by hubb on Oct 29, 2012, 6:06:25 AM
"
hubb wrote:
"
Kissan wrote:
"
hubb wrote:

It does seem logical but I've learnt to take things at face value in this game. If it says "never get critical strikes" then I think that's the case.

My bad, you have reason on this 1-1 then ;), i'm a bit tired too.
You have a node with "X% chance to freeze on hit" maybe.
the glacial hammer skill itself...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info