Mechanics thread

Q: does global critical d/m mod affects minions?
ign: Ron
Nope. Global is self-only, unless specifically stated otherwise.
On the passive tree there are several clusters of shield passives, and some of these nodes say stats like "50% increased block recovery". While the graphics strongly imply they are for shields, do they also apply to blocking while dual wielding?
If they don't specify, they're for all blocking.
I've heard that when you dominate a rare mob you get their auras when in range.

1. Do you get their "reflect elemental damage" (or something like that) aura?

2. Do they travel with you between maps?
You will get any aura they grant. I believe this includes reflect auras.

#2 I'm not sure, but it's not meaningful. The duration of dominating blow and conversion trap are short, so even if they did come with you it wouldn't matter much.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
when i have a spell that is supported by two different types of "increased xyz".

lets say Ethereal Knives : it is supported by "increased spelldamage" and "increased projectile damage"

how do these two kinds of "increased..." work together? additive or multiplicative?
will 50% increasedspelldamage and 50% increasedprojectiledamage result in 100% or 125% total for the skill?

i know that increased is additive for the same type. e.g. all increased spelldamage is additive with any other increased spelldamage. but im not sure about different sources of "increased"
Last edited by Khastro on Oct 27, 2012, 4:35:27 PM
They add. If you have:
+16% increased projectile damage
+19% spell damage

EK projectiles do:

base * (1 + .16 + .19) damage.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
wanna ask if i have added lightning dmg to freezing pulse,which dmg is considered as hiting first?cold or lightning?

wanna try EE

thx for answer
some of my IGNs:

EKDDtemplar/DualTotemSparkfotm/jesusbestjewever/EverhardDick/SilSol/SilSol_eight/SilSol_seven/
SilSol_ten/FiretemplarwithAA/JesusFacebreaker/SilSol_three/SilSol_two/grumpycatbestgodever
"
Dashtun wrote:
wanna ask if i have added lightning dmg to freezing pulse,which dmg is considered as hiting first?cold or lightning?

For purposes of EE, the two hit at the same time. If the two damage components are from the same hit, both damage components only benefit from the PREVIOUS EE debuff.

Example: you have, freezing pulse with added lightning damage, and fireball with added lightning damage.

Shoot a fireball, target's resists get adjusted.

Fire damage applies +25 FR, - 25 CR, - 25 LR
Lit damage applies = 25 FR, - 25 CR, + 25 LR
Total is +0 FR, - 50 CR, +0 LR

Shoot a FP, now, and the target has lowered cold resist. The lightning damage doesn't get any bonus; it just helps you get a bigger bonus to fire damage on your next cast.

Does this help? You can't spam a single skill with EE.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info