Mechanics thread

"
Malice wrote:
I'm not sure how I can make it any clearer than that. What wording would you suggest?

Well, now that you mentions it, I'm not sure either... <_<
Hi,
I read the 2 first post (but not the whole topic)

Just to clarify, this passive skill:

Apply on what exactly ?
- trap ?
- totem ?
- buff skill ?
- (molten) Shield ?

Thanks for any explain on that.
Last edited by Elia on May 16, 2012, 3:02:07 PM
Anything that has an area of effect, so, the explosion of a fireball, curses, ice nova, cleave, etc.

-Added stun chance formula
Is there a way to search within a single thread topic?

anyway, just realized this today, but the passive node

"5% reduced Mana percentage Reserved"

if you're using an aura that is 40% reserve, it lowers down to 38% (5% of 40 = 2% lower), and NOT to 35% as I had thought. sorry if this was mentioned already.
"
TwoCakes wrote:
Is there a way to search within a single thread topic?

You can if you use google, add to the search query:
"site:http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/thread_number/" (without quotes)

Where thread number is the number in the address bar of your browser while viewing the thread you want to search.

Like this

Last edited by Malice on May 16, 2012, 11:55:06 PM
"
Malice wrote:
Anything that has an area of effect, so, the explosion of a fireball, curses, ice nova, cleave, etc.

-Added stun chance formula

So you confirm, it does NOT apply on

- trap
- totem
- buff skill
- (molten) Shield

right ? only "instant skill" if i can call them like that.
"
Elia wrote:

- trap
- totem
- buff skill
- (molten) Shield

I'm not entirely sure how you got that from
"
Malice wrote:
Anything that has an area of effect

It applies to all traps on the trigger radius (as well as the more specific "trap trigger radius" bonuses).

It applies to some trap effects. Fire Trap, for example, has an area of effect, and is affected by it. Bear Trap does not, and is not. If supporting a spell with the Trap support gem, then it will be affected if it's a spell that has an area of effect.

Same goes for totems. If the effect the totem uses has an area of effect, it will get the bonus from the passive.

Straight buffs skills don't have areas off effect, so can't be affected by increase to such. Auras, on the other hand, do, and are.

Molten Shell has no area of effect on the buff it give you, but the explosion has an area of effect which is affected.
Mark, do you have anyone on the team responsible for writing the game mechanics guide?
"It feels like holding my breath under water constantly." Me about the limited "life expectancy" of the inventory space on Path of Exile and frequent needs to go to town to unload.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Elia wrote:

- trap
- totem
- buff skill
- (molten) Shield

I'm not entirely sure how you got that from
"
Malice wrote:
Anything that has an area of effect

It applies to all traps on the trigger radius (as well as the more specific "trap trigger radius" bonuses).

It applies to some trap effects. Fire Trap, for example, has an area of effect, and is affected by it. Bear Trap does not, and is not. If supporting a spell with the Trap support gem, then it will be affected if it's a spell that has an area of effect.

Same goes for totems. If the effect the totem uses has an area of effect, it will get the bonus from the passive.

Straight buffs skills don't have areas off effect, so can't be affected by increase to such. Auras, on the other hand, do, and are.

Molten Shell has no area of effect on the buff it give you, but the explosion has an area of effect which is affected.

Thanks for your complete answer ;)

May be my original confusion can be resumed by this :
you said :

"

But as far as I understand it, by nature, all totem have an Area of Effect ? So amplify will apply to all totem ?
"
Elia wrote:
"

But as far as I understand it, by nature, all totem have an Area of Effect ? So amplify will apply to all totem ?

No. For instance spark does not have an area of effect. So a totem casting spark would not benefit from increased AoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info