Mechanics thread

Do traps or totems benefit from my character's stats?
Let's say I got increased fire damage and increased critical chance, would this be applied to a fireball totem or a fire-trap?
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
"
Milhausen wrote:
"
morillo wrote:
tempest shield+necromantic aegis, will my summons get this skills effect ? if no then why ?
Skills don't modify other skills, support gems do. Summons are skills, Tempest Shield is a skill, they won't modify eachother.

You don't seem to know what Necromantic Aegis is.
Its a passive skill that transferes all bonusses of your shield (including block%) to your summons. His question is viable.

I understand that your passive ES bonusses won't apply to the ES on a shield thats been used by a summon with Necromantic Aegis.

What this means for the use of Tempest Shield? I don't know. I assume it will work. But I'm not sure, I never tried it.

Necromantic Aegis is not something you'd want to use @ hardcore ;)
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.

Hardcore to the bone.
"
morillo wrote:
tempest shield+necromantic aegis, will my summons get this skills effect ? if no then why ?
No, because the skill specifically affects the caster.
"
Hellskin wrote:
"
Milhausen wrote:
"
morillo wrote:
Skills don't modify other skills, support gems do. Summons are skills, Tempest Shield is a skill, they won't modify eachother.

You don't seem to know what Necromantic Aegis is.
Its a passive skill that transferes all bonusses of your shield (including block%) to your summons. His question is viable.

I understand that your passive ES bonusses won't apply to the ES on a shield thats been used by a summon with Necromantic Aegis.

What this means for the use of Tempest Shield? I don't know. I assume it will work. But I'm not sure, I never tried it.

Necromantic Aegis is not something you'd want to use @ hardcore ;)
Sorry about that, my brain skipped right over the necromantic aegis part, my answer was valid though, it's a skill, not part of your shield.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Thanks chris for clearing this up.

Each day we'll learn a bit more about the mechanics of PoE!
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.

Hardcore to the bone.
hmmmmm.....wouldn't bang.
I think I didn't get the levels part all that well, so if I'm like 5 levels above my friend, will I almost one-shot (or one-shot) everything in the zone he's leveling in? Or will my damage scale down?
Do traps / totems / mines not scale with passives (outside of ones named "trap" ect) or gear? It does not seem to change my character screen or tooltip.

Is this intended?
"
Cracken wrote:
I think I didn't get the levels part all that well, so if I'm like 5 levels above my friend, will I almost one-shot (or one-shot) everything in the zone he's leveling in? Or will my damage scale down?

If you play in party Monster Life scale up but your damage are not modified, so it will be longer to kill monsters.
Recently with 0.9.9 was a change to IIQ and IIR.

For multiplayer all mods on the players are added now and i want to know how.
Is it an instance wide buff for all mobs or is it just in exp range?

I run with one leecher and i want to equip this one as much as possible of IIR and IIQ to get the max out of my runs.

I like harder fights with better rewards than easy fights and more runs with lesser rewards.

English is my third language, there will be bugs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info