Mechanics thread

Interesting things here
Does anyone know if the 4% evasion from Frenzy charges in the passive tree stacks additively or multiplicatively with your total evasion?
i can tell you that for sure if i get a BETA key ;]
http://www.twitch.tv/pintarola2012
"
i can tell you that for sure if i get a BETA key ;]

Nice try :D
"
Korgath wrote:
Does anyone know if the 4% evasion from Frenzy charges in the passive tree stacks additively or multiplicatively with your total evasion?
Some numbers:

Adding 612 flat evasion to my character (Grace) and then having multiple Frenzy charges gave the following:
(Frenzy Charges / Evasion without grace / Evasion with Grace)

(0 / 2066 / 3455)
(2 / 2139 / 3577)
(4 / 2211 / 3698)

The difference between having grace or not, and the bonus multiplier applied each time is:

(0 / 1389 / +127%)
(2 / 1438 / +135%)
(4 / 1487 / +143%)

So it would appear the +4% is additive to your bonus evasion % from other passives. I hope that answers your question, or at least gives the data you need.

EDIT: Does anyone know how negative elemental resistances work? If a monster has 10% resist, and I use elemental weakness (reduces by 30%, for example), do they have 0% resistance, -20%, or something in between? And if they have -20%, does that mean they take 20% more damage from that element than usual?
Last edited by Softspoken on Apr 27, 2012, 10:28:06 PM
About crafting rares.

You can get up to 6 affix when exalting a rare.
Does a 6 affix rare always have 3 prefix / 3 sufix?
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.

Hardcore to the bone.
"
Softspoken wrote:

EDIT: Does anyone know how negative elemental resistances work? If a monster has 10% resist, and I use elemental weakness (reduces by 30%, for example), do they have 0% resistance, -20%, or something in between? And if they have -20%, does that mean they take 20% more damage from that element than usual?
When cursing with elemental weakness, if it brings a monster's resistance to a negative number, it in fact takes that much more damage % from that/those element(s).
Last edited by Millertyme on May 2, 2012, 12:39:52 PM
"
Hellskin wrote:

Does a 6 affix rare always have 3 prefix / 3 sufix?

Yes.

On a different matter, when a new item is created or when an orb is used to change the mods on an item, are the mods selected with equal weight from all available level-specific mods? Or are certain mods harder to get than others?
I can't find it in this thread, but I noticed that unique mobs sometimes drop higher level items. These items will have an item level of 2 higher than usual, and sometimes even be a base item that is higher level. For example, you can find a level 22 item in a level 20 dungeon.

Also, spell damage calculations are a bit ambiguous. The way they are described in the thread, it seems like the spell damage multiplier for cold damage spell is (1 + spell damage % + elemental damage % + cold damage %). However, I heard that it's actually (1 + spell damage %) * (1 + elemental damage % + cold damage %). I mean, I heard that elemental and spell damage stack multiplicatively with each other, rather than additively. Both of those theories could be wrong, though. Also, passive and item spell/elemental damage bonuses stack additively, correct?
"
Silty wrote:
I can't find it in this thread, but I noticed that unique mobs sometimes drop higher level items. These items will have an item level of 2 higher than usual, and sometimes even be a base item that is higher level. For example, you can find a level 22 item in a level 20 dungeon.

Also, spell damage calculations are a bit ambiguous. The way they are described in the thread, it seems like the spell damage multiplier for cold damage spell is (1 + spell damage % + elemental damage % + cold damage %). However, I heard that it's actually (1 + spell damage %) * (1 + elemental damage % + cold damage %). I mean, I heard that elemental and spell damage stack multiplicatively with each other, rather than additively. Both of those theories could be wrong, though. Also, passive and item spell/elemental damage bonuses stack additively, correct?

Magic mobs drop itemlevel = maplevel + 1, rare/unique mobs drop maplevel + 2. That is always the case.

About spell damage, they stack addictively
Unviable build tester.
Fuse mechanics:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/21503
95% Crit Build Without Charges [0.10.1c]:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172438

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info