Mechanics thread

Do curses affect DoT spells per tick? E.g. if Elemental Weakness is cast a sec after Righteous Fire was put on, will the next tick of RF be affected by resist reduction from the curse?
there is no "ticks" in PoE, damage is constant from DoT and if a curse changes damage for DoT (resistance curses or vulnerability curse), then game will update calculations instantly on that moment and only last while the curse does.
I have a question about skill gems. According to poe wikia
Spoiler
http://pathofexile.wikia.com/wiki/Gem_socket

if i place same skill gem in 2 different pieces of equipment the skill will benefit from all support gems linked to it. So it is possible to have 1 skill with 6 and more support gems linked to it. Is it true?

Second question: if i use a bow 3L with ranged attack totem and split shot in it, what would happen if I place totem and swap weapon for, let's say, 1h mace? will totem dissapear or stop attacking(no bow equipped)?
Nothing here
If you use two separate skill gems, you'll have two separate skills, each supported only by the gems they're linked to.

The totem will stop attacking until you switch back.
Last edited by 0nin on Apr 7, 2013, 7:28:54 AM
"
0nin wrote:
If you use two separate skill gems, you'll have two separate skills, each supported only by the gems they're linked to.

The totem will stop attacking until you switch back.

So, what will happen if i use ranged attack totem linked with skill gem, inserted in a bow, place totem and then switch to another bow?
Nothing here
Totems use your current stats. If you switch to a different bow, it uses that bow. The location of Gems only matters for '+x Socketed Gem Level' and similar modifiers.
Does the Reflect Damage bypass your Armor/Res or are those taken into account again?
let's say i use lightning arrow and i have static blows and crit chance.

is it possible to shock and crit. basically, if i crit on a roll that also applies static blows, will the enemy receive 2 shock stacks?
shock chance and crit chance overlap for applying the shock debuff, but there will only be one application if you fall under the overlapping chance.
"
Pakamon wrote:
Does the Reflect Damage bypass your Armor/Res or are those taken into account again?

Reflected damage is mitigated by all your mitigation. This includes armor or resistance as well as block, evasion, and spell block.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info