Mechanics thread

"

all sources of crit are additive, relative to the base crit on a skill or weapon.

global crit affects both attack and spells. regular crit affects regular attacks. spell crit affects spells. But simultaneously regular crit cannot affect a spell's crit chance, nor can spell crit affect the regular crit of an attack like Double strike or cleave.

Ice spear's second form can do around 600%, or 6x increased chance for a critical.

if I have my math right, a total crit chance of 19% will be enough and more to reach the crit cap for Ice spear's second form.

Just an FYI: Faster Projectiles is a good support to use also, in terms of getting raw dps. Regards.

Thanks for the reply but I'm looking for a more definitive formula / answer. For exmaple, I too assume that 95% / 6 = 15.8333% will cap ice spear, but it just as easily could mean that only the base crit chance of ice spear gets multiplied by 6 and not the total crit chance factoring in all outside sources(note I used 95% because crit cannot go above 95%, so really 16 is enough, in theory). I was hoping to find someone that has actually tested these things and knows exactly which term comes in to play where.
IGN: Maveena
The crit chance (see: not just the base crit chance) is multiplied.

Also, my question: What is the base armor and evasion of a totem of any given level (ie, what's the base evasion rating and armor rating of a level 20 spell totem)? Further, how are said values affected by your passives?
Last edited by Pastromy on Apr 4, 2013, 2:20:06 AM
Is it possible to get have a pure es chest with 4 sockets have only 1 blue socket...the rest differing?
It is possible but a very rare occurrence to observe, even when using chromatics to change color.

I've personally seen 3l BBB sockets on a pair of pure STR gloves and 3l RRR on a pure INT chestpiece.
1337 21gn17ur3
"
StoicRoivaS wrote:
Thanks for the reply but I'm looking for a more definitive formula / answer.

Simple example w/ Ice Spear: Base Crit 7%, 150% Inc. Crit chance from gear/passives would be:
7 * (1 + (150/100)) = 17.5% Chance to Crit.
Second form Ice Spear grants an additional 600% Inc Crit chance:
7 * (1 + (150/100) + (600/100)) = 59.5% Chance to Crit.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Apr 4, 2013, 7:50:57 AM
"
"
Mammii wrote:
I don't believe quantity affects chests anymore, i went running with 180% quantity and there were chests spawning 0 items still, and not just one or 2, but at least 50% of the chests. Not sure how this can be the case

Edit: also if you run the unique vaults map, with 180% quantity, with 6 players in game, some chests Still dont drop items... srsly why did GGG make this terrible change

That change was made way back in CB period if I have it right, and also recently the Shipyards map was bugged to spawn much more items than were possible in chests. Regards.

Then this mechanics thread needs to be updated to remove the portion that says quantity still affects chests, cuz quantity from items no longer applies and not even player quantity affects some things...
IGN Discharge_me
Thank you to those who replied about my ice spear question, but there seems to be different viewpoints about the bonus crit in the 2nd form. Some people are saying (implying) that the 600% bonus applies to base crit after it's been modified by other sources, and some are saying that the 600% bonus applies only to the base crit chance of 7%. Does anyone have testing to back either of these up? Or can you point me in the right direction to find this myself?
"
StoicRoivaS wrote:
Thank you to those who replied about my ice spear question, but there seems to be different viewpoints about the bonus crit in the 2nd form. Some people are saying (implying) that the 600% bonus applies to base crit after it's been modified by other sources, and some are saying that the 600% bonus applies only to the base crit chance of 7%. Does anyone have testing to back either of these up? Or can you point me in the right direction to find this myself?

It is applied on base chance because it's a Increased modifier and not a More modifier.
"
Kissan wrote:
"
StoicRoivaS wrote:

It is applied on base chance because it's a Increased modifier and not a More modifier.

Thanks again for the response, but I'm really hoping for more than someone just saying "This is how it is" because clearly people think it works differing ways and nothing short of a GGG post or testing is really convincing.
"
Mammii wrote:
I don't believe quantity affects chests anymore, i went running with 180% quantity and there were chests spawning 0 items still, and not just one or 2, but at least 50% of the chests. Not sure how this can be the case

Edit: also if you run the unique vaults map, with 180% quantity, with 6 players in game, some chests Still dont drop items... srsly why did GGG make this terrible change
We didn't -that's not a change. Those stats have never applied to chests.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info