Mechanics thread

quick question about hatred:

if my ek does 1000dmg and my enemy has enough armor to reduce it to 500dmg and zero cold resistance. I use hatred which gives me 25% extra Cold dmg.

Will my enemy take:

A: 500physical dmg and 250 Cold dmg
B: 500physical dmg and 125 Cold dmg

with other words: is the extra cold dmg calculated before or after mitigation
"
damajer wrote:
quick question about hatred:

if my ek does 1000dmg and my enemy has enough armor to reduce it to 500dmg and zero cold resistance. I use hatred which gives me 25% extra Cold dmg.

Will my enemy take:

A: 500physical dmg and 250 Cold dmg
B: 500physical dmg and 125 Cold dmg

with other words: is the extra cold dmg calculated before or after mitigation

Hatred gives a bonus to your damage output, so it is calculated before any mitagation of the ennemy.
So the ennemy will receive 1000 physical damage and 250 cold damage, and then his reduction will aplly and give the A solution.
I have a character based on Dominating blow, and I was wondering if it was worth getting Lord of the Dead and other passives. Will these help the minions if I get these passives?
When dealing a hit that applies a shock stack, will that stack then modify the entire damage of that same hit, will it modify only some portion of that damage (like the non-lightning part of it), or will it not modify the damage of that hit at all?
Are you guys going to do anything to fix the map system for us solo-only players? It's pretty much impossible to sustain higher lvl maps playing solo, and it completely sucks all of your currency.

It's incredibly aggravating. I mean sure, groups only need 1 map for 6 people. That's cool and all. Solo though you need 1 map for 1 person. Maybe some sort of buff while playing solo to the map quantity rate. I don't know, it just feels broken. I'm not saying for low lvl maps, I'm saying for 70+ maps. It's nearly impossible to sustain. The only way you might be able to sustain solo at 70+ is using 50+chaos and tons of alchs to roll 100+ quantity maps.
"
Dementor561 wrote:
I have a character based on Dominating blow, and I was wondering if it was worth getting Lord of the Dead and other passives. Will these help the minions if I get these passives?

They will be affected by Minion Life/Minion Damage/Minion Speed modifiers.

"
iowercase wrote:
When dealing a hit that applies a shock stack, will that stack then modify the entire damage of that same hit, will it modify only some portion of that damage (like the non-lightning part of it), or will it not modify the damage of that hit at all?

No, the hit is not modified.
But if you use FP for exemple with Added Lightning Damage and LMP, you will cast 3 pulses each time and if you apply a shock with the first pulse, the 2nd and third pulses will be buffed by the shock.
Can someone tell me what I am missing on my aura calculation?

So I have the following abilities:

Passives
46% increased elemental damage with weapons
10% Increased Elemental Damage
24% Increased Elemental Damage with wands
30% Increased Buffs on You

Gems
More Elemental Weapon Damage (1.77x)
Power Siphon (Damage Effectiveness = 1.25)

My Anger gem adds a base 35 fire damage (max). With a total increased modifier of 110% I would calculate my maximum added fire damage s 35*(1+1.1)*1.77*1.25 = 162. However my actual added fire damage is 179. I don't have any other passives that should increase elemental damage, as far as I know.

What am I missing? Here is my build summary
http://poe.sitedyno.com/skill_tree/computed/69e9195d1bed1fd6089528a619f2e8c877bf018b

and here are my equips (note that the 162 number I expect and the 179 number I find is the number my max fire damage increases by when I activate anger. I already have some damage that is "10% of wand physical damage is added as fire" as well as some added fire from my equips that I can properly calculate the value of.)

"
Lunares wrote:

Here is the problem. Buffs are modified by buffs mods before be modified by others mods.

35*1.3=45
45*(1+.8)*1.77*1.25=179
"
Kissan wrote:
"
Lunares wrote:

Here is the problem. Buffs are modified by buffs mods before be modified by others mods.

35*1.3=45
45*(1+.8)*1.77*1.25=179

But 35*1.3 = 45.5? Or does that .5 not carry through. If that was true it would result in an adding of 35*1.3*1.8*1.77*1.25 = 181.2
"
Lunares wrote:

But 35*1.3 = 45.5? Or does that .5 not carry through. If that was true it would result in an adding of 35*1.3*1.8*1.77*1.25 = 181.2

I haven't make many tests yet with Inner Force and auras, but i think it's working like weapons. Local mods are applied and the result rounded then global mods are applied.

The .5 rounded up or down depends of the situation afaik.
Last edited by Kissan on Apr 12, 2013, 6:41:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info