GGG, when you balance, do you actually test or do math?

I never said wanding was weak.
Wanding probably has the broadest spectrum of power levels in the entire game.

My point, which everyone seems to have conveniently glossed over, was that
got cut to 52% of its previous level of power.
Basically GGG decided that ICD was close to TWICE as strong as it should be pre-1.3, how can balance be so far off that GGG feel the need to double/half things?
When something is adjusted so radically, so wildly, there tends to be unexpected fallout. Regardless, such changes do very little to inspire confidence.......

I'm not saying critical damage did not need to be nerfed, but as I demonstrated with Added Fire Damage, this gem was most definitely overnerfed.
So once again, Where is the math?
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
Last edited by Ashen_Shugar_IV on Jan 12, 2015, 7:14:40 PM
"

Basically GGG decided that ICD was close to TWICE as strong as it should be pre-1.3, how can balance be so far off that GGG feel the need to double/half things?
When something is adjusted so radically, so wildly, there tends to be unexpected fallout. Regardless, such changes do very little to inspire confidence.......

I'm not saying critical damage did not need to be nerfed, but as I demonstrated with Added Fire Damage, this gem was most definitely overnerfed.

I agree here. It's fascinating to see that a balancing crew suddenly "realise" that something needs to be cut in half. That's a lot
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
Crid dmg support nerf was just stupid.

but the formular seems to be pretty easy:

nerf x = 1 * 'dice roll'
nerf amout x = amount / 'dice roll'

after 1.3 I really think balancing is like everything else in this game... just RNG
Last edited by azraelb on Jan 13, 2015, 11:26:06 AM
"
how can balance be so far off that GGG feel the need to double/half things?

Like when Discharge damage and crit chance was doubled in one patch?
Like when Flameblast was 1.5x'd in one patch (after a miniscule amount of testing in the first place)?
Like when flat elemental damage was raised by 2x then cut by 40% in back to back patches?
Like when SWT's damage was halved, aoe was halved, cast time was halved, and crit chance removed in one patch?

GGG have a history of this.
They don't comprehend small changes, which is often what is actually needed.
"
pneuma wrote:
"
how can balance be so far off that GGG feel the need to double/half things?

Like when Discharge damage and crit chance was doubled in one patch?
Like when Flameblast was 1.5x'd in one patch (after a miniscule amount of testing in the first place)?
Like when flat elemental damage was raised by 2x then cut by 40% in back to back patches?
Like when SWT's damage was halved, aoe was halved, cast time was halved, and crit chance removed in one patch?

GGG have a history of this.
They don't comprehend small changes, which is often what is actually needed.

If only they had alpha testers to test small changes or the ability to import a character and gear....
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Cergic wrote:
"

I agree here. It's fascinating to see that a balancing crew suddenly "realise" that something needs to be cut in half. That's a lot
And they diden't even adjust the mana multiplier. Right now this support is just comparable to increase critical strikes, which cost less mana.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info