GGG, when you balance, do you actually test or do math?

"
pneuma wrote:
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
TS will eventually get nerfed

One can dream.

It's much more likely it'll never be changed and then eventually GGG will release the next broken bow skill that strictly supersedes TS -- going from their history.

Nah, since the skill deals base dmg, it easy enough to just lower the numbers when they please.
Flameblast is so "OP", you rarely see it in a high level party.
It's so "OP", by the time Flameblast charges, your party members already killed everything on screen and moved on.

You guys really have to figure out the difference between "Flameblast", as in a very slow but good skill, and "proliferation".
Last edited by toyotatundra on Jan 8, 2015, 10:59:55 PM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

And no matter how broken the 'balance' is, no matter how imbalanced they made it, no matter how OP the focus elements are, no matter how problematic it could turn out, it need never last for more than 3-4 months at a time before everything is wiped and started afresh.

There are permanent leagues, of course. But fuck them, GGG don't give a damn about them or anyone in them.

Sadly, I have to agree. Changes for change's sake like this, they really only affect players on permanent leagues and in a really bad way.
"
Sadly, I have to agree. Changes for change's sake like this, they really only affect players on permanent leagues and in a really bad way.

I've seen quite a few players that only play in standard (or regular HC) that get really off put by not being able to play the build they had played for a while.

As for prolif being OP idk, its really strong, but at the same time gives better aoe to skills that wouldn't otherwise be used.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
From my observation,they seem to balance shit off the 0.01%ers who have uber tier gears in every slot. Fucking over the typical exile. Its as if whenever someone showcases a very strong build carried by GEAR, its always the target of nerfs.

Also I'd like to point out that the recent 'balance' changes to the tree are like a shot in the dark, like 'lets see what would happen if we buff this and that tremendously'. for example, the recent templar start changes led to path of flameblast(again), the blood magic/MC near unwavering and aura clusters in 1.2, how can they have not seen that being used by lowlife instead of what they intended it to be for?
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
My bloodlines experience

Flameblast is so OP!

Wait. Did that guy with a 1 alch weapon just leapslam into my circle and kill everything before the third stack? SOB.
"
OJ8_Graz wrote:
From my observation,they seem to balance shit off the 0.01%ers who have uber tier gears in every slot. Fucking over the typical exile. Its as if whenever someone showcases a very strong build carried by GEAR, its always the target of nerfs.

Also I'd like to point out that the recent 'balance' changes to the tree are like a shot in the dark, like 'lets see what would happen if we buff this and that tremendously'. for example, the recent templar start changes led to path of flameblast(again), the blood magic/MC near unwavering and aura clusters in 1.2, how can they have not seen that being used by lowlife instead of what they intended it to be for?

Templar before 1.3 had been the class without changes for the longest time, aside from the new ele cluster they added outside of his starting area they didn't actually really buff the class that much.

As for flameblast they indirectly nerfed this with CoD and AA changes, with the later having more effect.

As for balancing the game on .01% they really don't. They'll nerf something if its too strong ubers or not.

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:
"
OJ8_Graz wrote:

Templar before 1.3 had been the class without changes for the longest time, aside from the new ele cluster they added outside of his starting area they didn't actually really buff the class that much.

As for flameblast they indirectly nerfed this with CoD and AA changes, with the later having more effect.

As for balancing the game on .01% they really don't. They'll nerf something if its too strong ubers or not.

I actually agree with you but I think he means in the sense that GGG goes with nerfing overpowered builds instead of buffing underpowered ones, which is a pretty consistent pattern GGG goes with. Basically what this means is less overpowered builds for the average guy to pick up and play as, nerfing the regular casuals and leaving the top players unaffected because they will put in the time to get it done regardless.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
"

I actually agree with you but I think he means in the sense that GGG goes with nerfing overpowered builds instead of buffing underpowered ones, which is a pretty consistent pattern GGG goes with. Basically what this means is less overpowered builds for the average guy to pick up and play as, nerfing the regular casuals and leaving the top players unaffected because they will put in the time to get it done regardless.

I agree, this last patch I feel was much harsher then ones before it in regards to just wacking the bat stick around and leaving the buff stick pretty much unused (when it comes to skills, ect)

FeelsBadMan

show me uber flameblast run ppl saying OP IMBA

i can show a dozen even cheaper SRS or TS runs but FB basically sux. Like Searing good for leveling thats about it and only if ur a glutton for boredom. Build is straight up watching grass grow.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 10, 2015, 1:46:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info