GGG, when you balance, do you actually test or do math?

v1.2.X = 151%
v1.3.X = 80%
..... That's not a balance "adjustment". That's a fucking wrecking ball.

With 90% chance to crit my Reaver gets more DPS from

(Pure phys dagger + Hatred + Ash + Thunder, very little WED from gear, passives, or gems)
So the crit damage gem which scales >90% of all my damage is now outperformed by a gem which only scales off my base physical damage........
ICD has been relegated to being a borderline niche support gem. This hurts wanding even more as they scale almost purely through crit.

Where is the math?
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
Last edited by Ashen_Shugar_IV on Jan 10, 2015, 4:57:45 AM
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Flameblast OP?
Please, it may do a lot of damage, but you also have to stand still to charge it and try to get enemies inside of the circle. High-risk skills should deal more damage than low risk skills.

When most people call flameblast OP they are talking about doing 2-3 stacks and burn prolif the rest of the mobs.

As for standing still its a downside, but by endgame your cast speed should be fast enough to not stand for long.

I don't think its OP only strong throughout the whole game, supporting gear goes a long way with the build and people seem to forget that.

For someone having few races under his belts, I find it incredible you are defending flameblast.

Right after you level 9 in races, using this skill you can 1 shot everydam mob groups, blue-rares whatever and cruise until bosses from A1 to A3 normal.

Not only that but just leveling Flameblast without any other gems linked to it, you can 2 shots bosses like merveil ,in sins, The spider fliker boss and , 1 shot crem piety.

The same append once you specialize with it at high level.

Actually High level flameblast not to be op might be right because it is on par with other OP skills that do 1 millions dps, the problem It still need a nerf at low level

How you fail to see this skill is GENERALY OP is beyond me.

If you raced without trying FB, well try it because you will understand this gem is way to powerfull compared to its level.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Jan 10, 2015, 6:08:51 AM
"
lolozori wrote:

I can see how :)

"
For someone having few races under his belts, I find it incredible you are defending flameblast.

Its easy to defend a skill that works as intended. You can compare the clearspeed, especially at early levels with lightning tendrils, flameblast requires the caster to sit and charge, the AoE stars low and slow until you get passives in the tree.

As far as racing goes, firetrap then lightning tendrils is probably faster clearing until 40-50 at least (or until you get searing touch or some good support gems)

"
Right after you level 9 in races, using this skill you can 1 shot everydam mob groups, blue-rares whatever and cruise until bosses from A1 to A3 normal.

Its actually a level 10 skill, not level 9. In order to "1 shot" a group of mobs it requires time to build up the aoe, like I mentioned before firetrap+lightning tendrils is actually faster.

"
Not only that but just leveling Flameblast without any other gems linked to it, you can 2 shots bosses like merveil ,in sins, The spider fliker boss and , 1 shot crem piety.

If you crit maybe you can 2 shot with 10 stacks, good luck building up 10 stacks that early with so little cast speed and without freeze immunity. As far as 1 shotting bosses, its mainly the prolif and or crit that allows for it to be possible, but this isn't without investment, quality gems do A LOT for fire based builds.

People that say 1 shot when it take time to charge up to 10 stacks try to use a point and forgot that no other spell charges like it.

"
Actually High level flameblast not to be op might be right because it is on par with other OP skills that do 1 millions dps, the problem It still need a nerf at low level

I just told you why it doesn't need nerfed at lower levels above.

"

Because it requires investment in order to be really good. It was nerfed with the AA changes whether or not you agree is up to you.

"
If you raced without trying FB, well try it because you will understand this gem is way to powerfull compared to its level.

I've raced with it many many times before. But just because a skill can be used from 10+ doesn't mean its always the best option. Best example I have is descent champs race, I use both lightning tendrils and flameblast, only charging flameblast for bosses and praying I crit or ignite.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"

Dude. It's not all about races. Why should a gem be nerfed in the main game (and you know GGG does not nerf lightly. We're talking -50% damage and cannot ignite nor crit here) if it is strong in a race?
Why don't you use flameblast in a race if it's so OP? Why aren't you happy that you use an OP skill in races?
We are going to shut down Beyond immigration into our maps until we find out what the Hell is going on!
"
"

Why don't you use flameblast in a race if it's so OP? Why aren't you happy that you use an OP skill in races?

Fail logic. Because abusing an overpowered skill is fucking boring, especially if you know that you're utilizing it simply because it's _too good_ rather than using a skill that's fun to use because it's _too shitty_ compared to what is _too good_.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
"
v1.2.X = 151%
v1.3.X = 80%

(Pure phys dagger + Hatred + Ash + Thunder, very little WED from gear, passives, or gems)
So the crit damage gem which scales >90% of all my damage is now outperformed by a gem which only scales off my base physical damage........
ICD has been relegated to being a borderline niche support gem. This hurts wanding even more as they scale almost purely through crit.

Where is the math?

Hurts WANDING?!?! LMAO, wanding is stronger than it ever was.
"
glh5 wrote:
"
v1.2.X = 151%
v1.3.X = 80%

Where is the math?

Hurts WANDING?!?! LMAO, wanding is stronger than it ever was.

It absolutely hurts wanding.
The accessibility of master-crafting and the release of Kinetic Blast are just a cover-up. Kinetic Blast is OP.
Wand base damage is the lowest of any weapon, this is compensated for by having the highest base crit. Wands scale via crit > crit got nerfed > wands got nerfed.

Regardless, in what universe is a 47% reduction not heavy-handed?
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
Last edited by Ashen_Shugar_IV on Jan 10, 2015, 3:49:15 PM
They nerfed crit damage, to buff crit chance. I do not think buffing crit chance was necessary because getting crit chance was not that hard to begin with. Crit damage is the culprit to the insane DPS, and I am actually glad GGG nerfed a gem that effects all crit builds, and not just very specific builds which I find those nerf even more of a pain.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jan 10, 2015, 4:05:09 PM
Wanders were already some of the highest dps builds out there, and it's even more insane now with the heralds, piscators, better wand nodes, aura bots, etc. Even with power siphon. Like you said, wander is not in a weap spot now. Until it is, complaining is senseless.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info