[2.0] Kinetic Blast Wander | Physical and Elemental | HC Viable [BOTW S4E6]

"
sector25 wrote:
@Oos i rly like build thank u.But i have big problems right now with single target kill,what can u suggest me to denay that problem?

I'm going to bed now, but post your current gear and skill tree and I'll help you when I wake up.

Edit: Typically you want to hit high HP monsters near to a wall, Kinetic Blast is very strong at shotgunning. If there's not walls available then other monsters or Frost Wall are good too. When you have better gear then Power Siphon is strong, but as you're more experienced with the build you'll be able to find situations to shotgun with Kinetic Blast on different maps.

If you link your gear and skill tree I can help you there too.
IGN: @Oos
Last edited by Oos on Mar 28, 2015, 11:18:08 AM
Hey, my 2nd attempt at this build, in the fresh 1MHC, has gone way better than I expected.
I was a bit worried about going a build as item dependant as this in a fresh league, but it really worked out fine. I guess I've been (very) lucky with some drops and links, but really, the build is strong enough that u can kinda get all the defensive nodes first and still output good dmg.

My current gear:

I'm currently hunting for a proper rare belt. Once i get that, I'll look to upgrade the rest, preferably with more crit/added phys/acc. I do want to add mf as well, but this is proving rather difficult.
"
Haggisahh wrote:
Hey, my 2nd attempt at this build, in the fresh 1MHC, has gone way better than I expected.
I was a bit worried about going a build as item dependant as this in a fresh league, but it really worked out fine. I guess I've been (very) lucky with some drops and links, but really, the build is strong enough that u can kinda get all the defensive nodes first and still output good dmg.

My current gear:

I'm currently hunting for a proper rare belt. Once i get that, I'll look to upgrade the rest, preferably with more crit/added phys/acc. I do want to add mf as well, but this is proving rather difficult.

lol are you serious?! Only level 78 with all that. Grats on 6L Belly, how many fuses?
That's so funny. Great shield too.
Ye, got some pretty sick rng this league.
Tabula rasa 1 hour in, followed by a great old mans ward i sold for an exalted on day 2, and then a taryns shiver on day 3. On day 4, I linked that chest in maybe 40 fusings or so, lol.
I was wondering if these two items where usefull instead of your gear or atleast until i get somewhat the same as yours :)

"
Css141 wrote:
I was wondering if these two items where usefull instead of your gear or atleast until i get somewhat the same as yours :)

Alpha's Howl is ok, but more suited towards elemental based wanders. We only actually use one aura (Hatred), Heralds aren't butffed by Alpha's. A good rare helmet or Rat's Nest is ideal.

Bronn's Lithe is only good as a shin transfer honestly :P you're way better off aieht a rare chest or one of the unique chests recommended in the main post.
Belly of the Beast > Lightning Coil (if you can manage light res) > Rare Chest > Carcass Jack > Daresso's Defiance.

Rare items are very good for this build, you cant quite get the perfect wander stats with uniques.

Rat's Nest or Maligaro's are the other other uniques I'd recommend.
Has anyone tried this build with increased area/conc effect? What are the effects on clear speed etc?
Was able to self find/complete the challenges on 1MHC with this build.
Current gear:

Everything is pretty mediocre with the wand probably being the best piece. Was a ton of fun watching everything shatter/ignite with ash/ice

As a side note, I still felt like I had to use a mana flask. Probably need either better gear or an additional piece with mana leech to feel comfortable enough to drop it. I did just put in the Elder Power node though so maybe it'll get good enough that I can feel comfortable without a mana flask
Last edited by YomiHC on Mar 30, 2015, 8:25:26 AM
G'day Oos

Cheers for your build guide. As a general rule I don't normally read-up or follow guides, but I am giving this one a go in the 1MHC TR/BL event.

I ran a KB build in Torment that I enjoyed, but that wasn't a crit build, but rather a theorycraft build of using KB + Phys to Lightning with Three Dragons to freeze/shatter mobs at range. Oh and it had high movement speed, as it was basically designed to hunt spirits quickly. This build was also a dual-wander and pathed mainly down into the Duelist area for DPS, IAS and extra Block.

Given you experience with KB wanders I was interested in your thoughts on the following as an alternative:

gems

(AOE) KB + GMP + PPAD + Physical to Lightning + WED
(Single) PS + PPAD + FA + Crit Multi
HoThunder + Curse on Hit + AssMark
HoIce + HoAsh + Clarity + RM

Differences
- Dual wield huge attack speed increase (10% more) plus extra from Duelist nodes.
- More sustained attack (stun/freeze and leech etc) via alternate attacks... but sacrifices a shield.
- 9% Block from the tree added to 15% dual wield for a total of 24% block pre-acrobatics.
- not quite as much Crit or increased damage... might equal out via increased attack speed.
- more movement speed, especially with the lack of penalty from Art of the Gladiator.

As I said, I am testing out your build here more purely in the 1MHC, so I can then compare how the 2 play out. I do like the increased attack speed and movement speed of going dual wield/duelist area, but need to compare the damage differences.

Appreciate any thoughts you have.

Cheers.

PS - sorry for the lack of proof reading, or poor structure of this post, typing it whilst distracted at work. :S
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
"
Kaysee wrote:
G'day Oos

Cheers for your build guide. As a general rule I don't normally read-up or follow guides, but I am giving this one a go in the 1MHC TR/BL event.

I ran a KB build in Torment that I enjoyed, but that wasn't a crit build, but rather a theorycraft build of using KB + Phys to Lightning with Three Dragons to freeze/shatter mobs at range. Oh and it had high movement speed, as it was basically designed to hunt spirits quickly. This build was also a dual-wander and pathed mainly down into the Duelist area for DPS, IAS and extra Block.

Given you experience with KB wanders I was interested in your thoughts on the following as an alternative:

gems

(AOE) KB + GMP + PPAD + Physical to Lightning + WED
(Single) PS + PPAD + FA + Crit Multi
HoThunder + Curse on Hit + AssMark
HoIce + HoAsh + Clarity + RM

Differences
- Dual wield huge attack speed increase (10% more) plus extra from Duelist nodes.
- More sustained attack (stun/freeze and leech etc) via alternate attacks... but sacrifices a shield.
- 9% Block from the tree added to 15% dual wield for a total of 24% block pre-acrobatics.
- not quite as much Crit or increased damage... might equal out via increased attack speed.
- more movement speed, especially with the lack of penalty from Art of the Gladiator.

As I said, I am testing out your build here more purely in the 1MHC, so I can then compare how the 2 play out. I do like the increased attack speed and movement speed of going dual wield/duelist area, but need to compare the damage differences.

Appreciate any thoughts you have.

Cheers.

PS - sorry for the lack of proof reading, or poor structure of this post, typing it whilst distracted at work. :S

Interesting take on the build.

Do you think the Primal Spirit pathing to Ballistic Mastery is worth it? Heart of the Oak is very under rated and saves you one point. If you need mana then mana flows is a good option in Duelist. Ballistic Mastery isn't really worth it for wander anyway really though, maybe get it 90+.

And correct me if I'm wrong (I haven't built block since the nerf), wont you have 0% block chance when you take Acrobatics? So all the DW block nodes on the tree are useless.
If the Block from Blade Barrier (Duelist) is fine with Acrobatics then you should also grab Ambidexterity for 3 points.

Trickery (Shadow) is also perfect for your build and only one point.

I'd do your build like this:

You also have access to:
Profane Chemistry
Forces of Nature
Ballistic Mastery
Throatseeker
Revenge of the Hunted
Mana Flows
Elder Power
Celerity
etc

Overall your build looks pretty fun. Triple Heralds and fast attacks will make this very enjoyable. This is probably more suited for softcore leagues, you can stack movement speed and focus on clearing maps really fast
The main drawbacks I can think of is less defense, and not having easy access to the Fusillade / Tempest Blast cluster, that whole wheel is extremely strong. Getting two amazing wands will be pricey too.

Good work, let me know what tree you settle on and how the build goes when you make it. Good luck!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info