Until melee is fixed, a lot of people will not comeback.

Starting with me (who cares), I just decided to stop playing poe until something is done with Armor or melee survivability vs spells.

I was playing with my 98 and invited a friend level 85. This guy had a mediocre 5l bow and tornado shot. Doing 74 maps he cleared the whole screen before I could even kill anything.

Even worse, since GGG decided ranged had not enough movement skills, he was literally almost never hit by anything.

On the contrary, my 98 with 5k life 71/55 block and 10k armor (slow as fuck because armor is just good to slow you down unless you take a specific nod) got 1 shooted by a blue elemental monster after I almost riped about 5 time during the map.

Who cares?

Well I guess none care about one random guy stopping playing this game (temporary I hope), even if he gave ggg few bucks. But GGG might care sooner or later because it is not only me, it is a lot of people starting to get bored of one-shots melee death.

Melee need to be fixed ASAP (not ST melee, not dagger melee, not rf melee) I mean the real man-mode melee.

Nerfing block (Imo the nerf should have been only about phy block) and giving us more dps was not a solution because we can t run away like little babies when playing melee.

Changing how armor works or giving tanks bonuses when surrounded by monsters was.

There is no need of more dps or Aoe skills GGG, really that is not the problem (actual AOE skills are a problem at low level since you can one-shot a full screen with level 9 flameblast).

We want those melee one-shot to stop, we want rewards for the risk we are taking.

What s the average life/es of an average player in poe? 4000-5000?

It is not normal that a monster can do 4-5k damage in one attack, bypassing armor+block and it is not normal that a squishy level 85 ranger with 3k life is more safe than a level 98 tank melee .

Also, There is no reason every dam new league you create monsters that piss on melee.
Maybe you could start creating some dam monsters that piss-off ranged sometime...

*edit*
I am not saying ranged should be nerfed, I actually play Rpgs and ranged are often more powerful but also always more squishy.

In Ad&D a spell caster is like a god, but can t tank shit and die after 2 hit at high level. Fighters are often less powerful but can actually tank shit like dragons.
That is how classes are more or less balanced in any good rpg.

In this game GGG just nerf the shit out of melee defenses, make them unable to lean on armors and make life or armor inferior than ES ( a caster-like defense). They want people to use armor instead of block but few patches ago They nerfed armors on shields....

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Jan 4, 2015, 1:44:23 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Mind giving your build? How do we know it's not just your build that's terrible?
To Do List:
-Add Better Minion Supports
-Add More Permanent Minions
GoreFleshSummoner | Low Life Zombie n' Specter Summoner
Summoner Gear: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1633760
"
Enzari wrote:
Mind giving your build? How do we know it's not just your build that's terrible?

How could 98 lvl suck in defence or dps? How it could ber terrible? Its 98 lvl goddamit

I was playing melee too, I have been playing melee for very long like 3/5 of the whole time, melee is my favourite play stile. Was. Untill I understood melee is shit and I made a bow ranger. Ranged toon vs melle toon is like God vs mortal human. I will never play melee again here. No matter of the nerfes they do to coc, bow gems, whatever, I will play ranged or I will just not play at all
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
It's just so hard to think of how they could begin to rebalance everything around making melee as efficient at killing and surviving as ranged characters. More Life leech and life gain on hit, boost the armor nodes and the efficiency of resistance nodes, maybe?
I was playing a melee Mara for two months or so in between SotV & FM. Dual strike, splash, Wings of Entropy, RT... Ignoring the bad DPS compared to crit ranged pew pew, the two worst thigs are:

1.) Slow clear speed, which is mostly the result of having to chase things down one by one and not because of lower DPS. Thanks GGG for all those mobs that run away from, past by & over you.

2.) Horrible horrible desync. Fighting inside a pack of 20+ mobs and having to click on all those desynced monsters is a horible gaming experience. You are constantly "hitting air" & not doing DPS (= not leeching, not stunning) and getting resynced around like a punching bag. Packs of 'ghost monsters' rushing through narrow passages / doorways are icing on the desynch cake.

Imagine being dipped in manure up to your waist and trying to swat a swarm of flies. That's how melee gameplay looks in PoE.

But fear not! Melee has been fixed a year+ ago, with the introduction of Spectral Throw. And re-fixed in 1.3 with the introduction of gimmick trigger gems. :P

(No seriously, melee wont ever be an equivalent gameplay style in PoE, so you might aswell cave in and go ranged / caster. Resistance is futile & time is chaos orbs.)

E:
The only positive aspect of that melee Mara I was playing is that he could do all map mods.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jan 4, 2015, 6:37:43 AM
They could make melee literally unkillable, it still wouldn't match a ranged char's clear speed :) Not sure what GGG could do.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Tornado shot is OP right now and I know the feel when a ranged can clear rooms with minimal risk. While melee struggle both with dps and survivabilty.

Still my experiance of melee so far in the league haven't been horrible. It still needs buffs buts slowly getting better.
Level 78 two-hander melee in HC atm. No idea how it will work further in on higher level maps.
"
Xavderion wrote:
They could make melee literally unkillable, it still wouldn't match a ranged char's clear speed :) Not sure what GGG could do.

There's plenty of things they could do:

1.) Instead of useless gimmick Riposte, Revenge, blah, blah... they could add crowd control skills for melee. Skill that would immobilize, pull, mass stun enemies, etc.. (use of vaal cyclone is tactically too limited)

2.) Lessen desync with stun immunity & chill/freeze immunity (need a more general option than US or specific gear).

3.) Give melee gameplay more mobility with bonuses that eg. ignore ice/tar ground. Ranged has a default bonus of being ranged, give melee special bonuses to compensate disparity.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
@OP
I can agree with many parts of your post BUT:
"
On the contrary, my 98 with 5k life 71/55 block and 10k armor [...] got 1 shooted by a blue elemental monster after I almost riped about 5 time during the map.

What? Seriously? 5k life and 10k armor is just horrible. My blocker had better stats around the mid 80s. And tbh I have no idea how you are able to get so many close to dead situations in a lvl 74 map at charlevel 98? I faceroll all maps up to 76 (after that I have to pay attention) with my blocker and he is still only lvl. 91. But of corse it's a shame that I can do the same maps even more easily with a lvl 83 caster toon. Melee got the short stick but it is not that awful. There have to be something wrong with either your gear and/or your tree. If I had another 7 skillpoints....... *dreaming*

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"

First I don t want to log in again ingame, I am done so I ll not give screenshots, but pretty much I have:

5k life. 78-80-75res.10k armor when using chest/8k when using bor.
70+all block with bor/ 71-55 without.

Note that all my one-shot death been using bor so with full defenses...

dps? about 29k with bor
Life is low? I would say had 5500 life previously and I still got 1 shot a month ago, that s why I went all block instead.

How can blue mods one-shot me anyway with 4k+? how is that even balanced? Bosses are easier to kill than some stupid blue mobs and a 85 tornado shot archer just kill everything on screen with 3k life while I am eating the dust.

Spoiler

missing my others ring with life

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwEhwSzBS0GOQkzC2EM9xQgFSAWbxhdGjgaPhvIHRQelCSLJy8ppSpNL8wxnjIJMk41kjwtPQ8_J0CgQzFHfkrITUZN404qUEdRTFFgValZ814TXz9gS2LsZU1mnmebagFsRm6qb55ybHKpdO12f3fjeA15OXloeu97jHzZfVt-4H7igFaCm4MJhMSE2YTvj5mQVZe0nleiAKZXqW6plaxHrKqsr63xrj618rZBtoq9Nr6KvqfAGsBmwL_BBMGCxBXE9spK0TbYveFz4izjauRR6dXsOO0g7w7yL_MG9zL60vuq_o8=

Btw all legacies items I got them in OB, most of them got them very cheap. Facebreaker, got it 5gcp.

I would be better using a real 1h, but hey I have no fucking currency and I suck at trading. I will never be able to get a good 1h without selling my items so I stick with the gloves.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Jan 4, 2015, 7:48:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info