[2.0] The Original Chaos/Physical 2H-Axe BM Cyclone | All mapmods | MF-able | AoE Focus |

"
Hey m8, just wanted to say thanks for the build. I use it and love it.. level 49 atm and run fire herald and arctic armor. Pretty good and never die

yw, just happy you enjoy.

"
Resine wrote:
How much +1 range is in general? How do i understand this value?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cyclone

As you can see here the base range on cyclone with a twohanded axe is 7. That's pretty much your base of comparison.

The formular for an area of a circle is

A=πr^2

Therefore if your radius gets increased, let say you get 1 more than 7, your area compared to before will be

(8/7)^2 = 1.3

So you get 30% more area for the first extra weapon range.

In comparison i have 7 extra weapon range, that gives me 14 range in total, the last +1 from warlords reach only gave me

(14/13)^2 = 1.16

Roughly 16% more area.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 18, 2015, 9:43:13 PM
Hi @Crackmonster, thanks for guide and great build. Have you anything in mind when we could expect a guide to be updated to 2.0?

OP still shows concentrated effect while your 2.0 post shows Fortify. I guess Fortify is to go, even if it provides little bit less damage. You also didn't take Fortify nodes in PT, can you shed some light on it? I saw Victor takes the way up to acro & phase acro, does that mean it is really necessary now to do reflect? Least, what is your dps now with your current tree (tooltip) ;) without Wrecking Ball that was there before 2.0.
I was hoping to get almost the right jewels before updating, but it's turning into a longer project. I'll update the thing within a few days, maybe tomorrow.

Yes i no longer use concentrated effect, since it i less area now it actually removes 45% of your total area, so almost halves your area. Instead of that one i use faster attacks now.

I also do not use enhance anymore, sadly, because with cyclone quality nerfed that is just a 20% increased area gem at level 4 with atziri's disfavour. That just isn't good enough, and instead of that i take the life leech gem.

Also fortify is damn good, so i replace life on hit with fortify.

So. Out with Concetrated effect, Life on Hit and Enhance, and in with Faster Attacks, Life Leech and Fortify.

-

The fortify nodes aren't good enough simply, its almost nothing they give. Actually, looking at them now i just may be wrong about that. Hmm. I'll look into it before posting the guide. EDIT: Okay now i checked them. They give me a 3.75% damage reduction, 35% "increased" damage and 20% armour. In contrast 4 hp nodes gives me 6.1% more health. However that is also because i am very high level so i have a lot of hp nodes, meaning removing 4 health nodes for fortify has less of an overall impact. So, they are actually pretty good nodes, and might just be worth taking over the 4 nodes to get cleaving (axe nodes outside marauder, 4 points for 70% increased damage). I think i will try to get those nodes when i get the right jewels and/or lvl 95-96.

I'm definitely not going to take acrobatics. This marauder is all about having the nodes concentrated and stacking as much hp and increased damage as possible, so i will not travel across the tree. We rely mostly on chaos damage and armour to avoid dying to phys reflect. With Granite i am at 15k armour since i've quite a few armour nodes in the build.

However even then reflect is risky now. I'm waiting till i hit 95 before jumping into some hard reflect maps while trying various things such as two granites, so i don't lose xp if i die while testing. For now just try to avoid reflect maps.

My dps in town is like 17k or 18k, in fight it is usually anywhere from 22-32k, sometimes higher but mostly in that range. It doesn't seem like much but it really eats up everything with ease.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 19, 2015, 9:40:28 AM
When i watch the OP videos, it's hard to determine how large is the radius of your cyclone, is it as big as the animation? Or it's even bigger?
Just want to say I have been playing this build and find it fantastic. Good survivability. Just loving the fact that I can farm High level maps and not many builds can do this, without having to have High end gear. Good Job Bro. Pm me in game MusclesMcBadASS if you want to folks I'm always looking to have some fun.

it is working nice for farming and can do any map mod. Also can be Atzri Viable in soft-core. For Hardcore you will need a bit of currency for those Uniques that just make it do more damage, the life regin is sustainable and it has the physical damage gained on hit with life on hit gem works great. Use leap slam to get to mobs faster, can also be used with the new gem Ice Crush for secondary skill, put cyclone in weapon and Ice Crush in armor or visa versa, as long as there 6 linked, Use cast when damage taken with molten shell, golem gem, and increased duration or AOE+ to boost molten shell. Vaal Cyclone in one of your slots to with increase duration, Increase AOE & concentrated AOE. just to rip up them big baddy bosses. when farming you can farm the Dried Lake with just basic IIR IIQ gear and still do great without dying even on Voll boss there.

here is my gear, and it works fine

I'm still working on my gem slots and links, but I just got this new chest peace and gloves like 2 days ago, so I still got some fusing and croms to do on those, but you should get the basic concept with this, and what gems will work. Feel Free to Pm me in game. Im always down for some farming as long as it is on PA, just cause I hate it when something drops for me and then someone else picks it up before I can get to it. Especialy when im killing the mobs to keep them alive I got to stop just to pick it up. I like to clear the area then pick up items. Im also down for Master Runs as my Masters are only level 6 at the moment, Haku, Vorice, and Elron are my main focus, but I need all.
Last edited by TheUnkownSaint on Jul 19, 2015, 12:49:06 PM
Crackmonster, if you were still to stay IIR-spec'd, what would you be using now?
So what is the best link atm?
"
Resine wrote:
So what is the best link atm?

in my 6L Disfavour I'm using:

Cyclone
Melee Phys
Fortify
Faster Attacks
Increased AOE
Item Quantity

If I wasn't in Standard I'd run Added Fire over Quantity (gain 6k tooltip)

For Reflect you can swap Inc AOE for Physical to Lightning and IQ/Added Fire for LGOH

also i have a question for op, obviously you don't need inspired learning since you have headhunter but what do you think of it? i was trying to find 4 notables within a 'small' radius based on the tree and the closest i could find is golem's blood, destroy and splitting strikes (plus the jewel node which im not sure if counts towards 4)

you could get another notable for 2 points but not sure if worth, or if the ''small'' radius would even reach...

theyre all like 25 exalt buyout so i dont really wanna buy one just to see if it'll even work for me ya know...XD
Last edited by alexvsevil on Jul 22, 2015, 5:36:41 AM
Sorry for the delay. I have updated now, including MF links to answer your question.

EDIT: Oh, about inspired learning. I like it, but it may not be worth getting that many noteables, i'm thinking the jewel node outside duelist here is the best one for it which is also the same you looked at. Whether the original node counts i am not sure, since i didn't test it.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 22, 2015, 12:24:49 PM
what about bandit rewards??

thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info