[2.0] The Original Chaos/Physical 2H-Axe BM Cyclone | All mapmods | MF-able | AoE Focus |

Introduction

I present to you, one of the most simple and well rounded, yet tanky and at the same time super efficient builds around. A Cyclone build that focuses on having a large aoe, a build that reminds me of playing Whirlwind in Diablo 2, only better.

This build works for any gear level, normal plus hardcore and requires no specific gear, but is build around axes as they have the best cyclone range and the best nodes for resolute technique.

Strengths:
- Very Efficient, Fast Clearspeeds
- Extremely Tanky, Huge Life with Leech and High Regeneration
- Does not lag
- Can do all map mods when geared
- Can use MF gear and remain highly efficient

Weaknesses:
- Physical map reflect can be dangerous now(see final section for how to handle)
- Party elemental auras like hatred + elemental map reflect

Unusual features:
- No Auras
- Blood Magic Passive
- Resolute Technique
- High Chaos Damage
- A focus on increasing the AoE of Cyclone

Medium to high damage build, efficiently applying to a large area. Very tanky, has high regen, leech and life on hit. Uses only cyclone and lightning warp, rest is automated. Takes me around 7min to do a full apex of sacrifice (normal atziri and rest of map). Easiest of all characters i ever did Normal Atziri with.

Videos:
I don't have that many new videos, you can check the 1.3 vidoes if you want they represent very well what we can do in 2.0, only in 2.0 we are bigger and better.

Abaxoth - 76 map, Ele weakness + 23% Increase damage + 82% lightning damage
Atziri Apex Of Sacrifice Full Run One Handed(while eating dinner)
Malachai faceroll

1.3 Videoes

I've uploaded some vidoes to showcase the build in hard content, most of them have some of the harder mods this build can face. Regular maps get cleaved just like the Gorge run below. I apologize for the rather bad video quality.

Apex of Sacrifice full run
Gorge Run 2min 5sec (not really legit coz im using headhunter)
Parts of some Courtyard maps
Dry peninsula with no regen in MF gear
Nasty Shipyard in MF gear
Group plateau double reflect + hatred
The map that was too much(coz party hatred)

Character & Build

This(link) is my current passive skill tree level 96.

Bandits:

Normal - Oak (40 Life)
Cruel - Kraytyn (8% Increased Attack Speed)
Merciless - Kraytyn (+1 Frenzy Charge)

Overall this is a pretty generic marauder build, optimized around my own gear. You may need to pick more/less attributes, resist or similar to match your gear. You can also use pretty much any weapon you want while leveling, the build is very straight forward.

There can also be discussion as to which jewel nodes to get. I recommend 3-4 jewel nodes, and if you have the jewels to support it, then take up to 5 jewel nodes.

Leveling advice:
First of all, there isn't any trick to leveling this type of build, pretty much it's just about taking hp and damage nodes, and for that reason there is no need for any advanced advice.

Personally, i like to rush directly to Blood magic(so relaxing to play with and now also has some huge hp nodes) then take resolute technique, and then into duelist for master of the arena and leech nodes. You will also find life on hit can be a very beneficial gem while leveling.

Gearing

This is a build that works at all gear levels, from your first character to the one who has the gear i run or even more. This is because it doesn't require anything before it works, the better your gear gets the more hp, resists, damage and aoe you get, and that is all.

A very good weapon is Atziri's disfavour, although a rare axe with +range can get better.

Before 2.0 i also used to run mostly in Item Rarity/Quantity gear, but i enjoy the game more when i run in power gear, so i stopped that. However, this build was made to be used to MF also, and still works with MF gear.

Highly Recommended items:

Other Recommended items:

Luxury Items:
If you get rich there are a few luxury items that work really well with this build. I use these two below, and they give me an extra level of power, efficiency and safety.

Jewels:

Jewels can be very powerful, and that is why i take all 4 jewel sockets that require 2 passives to get. You could also take one of the 3 point jewel sockets, the one between marauder and duelist giving 2x4% increased melee physical damage.

Jewels can serve a lot of different purposes. They can give you the last resist you need, they can increase your life or they can simply give you damage. At the moment i use a jewel to get the chaos resistance i need, and the rest i use for damage.

My current jewels:

Note that none of these except warlords are what i ideally want. Ultimately you want to replace malicious intent with jewels that have up to 8% life + 3 dps affixes. Each dps affix can give up to 16% increased damage or 8% increased attack speed. However, those jewels can be very hard/expensive to acquire, so i haven't gotten them yet.

My current gear:

Regular Gear

Different flasks i use for certain map mods or map bosses:

20.500 dps, usually is 24.5-35k in combat, and cyclone has twice the tooltip dps.
10.168 Life.

My Rarity/Quantity Gear

My rarity/quantity gear is broken since 2.0 because i optimized for the new build i will try to explain anyway.

As for what gems i would use in cyclone it would be:

And then, depending on situation

There is also a problem of resists atm in my mf, i lack some cold resist and a few fire. I would grab the 4% hp 3% all resist node outside marauder, i would take the 12% cold instead of 12% lightning when leaving marauder. Then i would take a jewel with 10% all resist, that just exactly caps me in this gear.
Also as you can see, in my head i've wrong links. It is supposed to be a broken link with lightning warp/reduced duration linked, then cast when damage taken lightning with enduring cry.
Anyways, with what you see above i have
130% increased Item quantity
165% increased Item Rarity
10.155 Life
9.170 dps when using melee phys. Sounds very little, but as you can see in pre 2.0 vidoes(using only 7.1k dps), that still clears easily. In groups you are there to cull with mf anyway, so it's just solo dps that matters.

Gems

Linking your cyclone:
Before showing the links, there is something i want you to understand.

A lot of people want to see that huge dps number, but i have to hands down say it is tunnel visioning and often creates a weaker build. The primary goal is always to stay alive before anything else, or you will not get high into the 90's. Also, if you study the 1.3 mf videos you will see that 7k dps clears at nearly the same speeds as regular performance gear. So i will tell you, that anything over 20k cyclone tooltip dps will have very little impact on your efficiency.

This is your 6L is order of what is more important(generally):

On some bosses you can swap to life leech instead of life on hit to optimize single target healing

I sometimes swap this gem instead of melee phys against reflect maps

The 6L Rarity/Quantity gem setup

+depending on situation(and for non-standard pick two)

Other useful gem setups:

There are some other gem setups that i find good to run, but they are not essential and other players like running different gems, these are mine:

CWDT with Immortal Call and Bloodrage. Gives some phys reduction(at best only 17.5% uptime) and makes bloodrage automatic.

Vengeance with Life Gain on Hit, Life Leech and Blind. I find this helps surviveability.

Lightning Warp with Less Duration. For moving across obstacles, escaping when disabled, etc.

Enfeeble on CWDT. Gives you more damage reduction.

Physical Reflect is still killing me, what can i do?

There are quite a few things you can do against reflect, luckily. These below should be adequate to protect you.

Replace Melee Physical Damage with

Equip up to two granites(i get 15k armour with granite up)

Use Malicious Intent instead of rare jewels.

Since reflect is mostly a problem with big packs, you can swap out life leech with

Besides from that, get HP and prioritize it in your build. Even a kaoms 500 is a good item, even though often underestimated. If for some reason that is still not enough or you don't care to swap things around, then just skip reflect maps.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Oct 23, 2015, 3:32:56 PM
Last bumped on Aug 11, 2017, 4:48:32 AM
Damn the build looks pretty sick ! Definitely the next build i'll be doing when I reach the necessary currency. Could you share some offense/defense screenshots?
I can just tell you the stats, roughly.

Tooltip dps: 18.400
Life: 8750 (while wearing 2x mings heart lol)

At some point ill upload some small videos to show you how that works out, explains better than a screenshot i think.

DPS is more than sufficient, it will cleave right through content swiftly. I actually had to lower it because even with cwdt immortal call, under some circumstances, it was possible to oneshot myself right before it triggered.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jan 2, 2015, 2:18:22 AM
i just tried this built, sadly i only have 5link vaal axe, but with legacy kaom, i have almost 10K hp, totally tanky with manual/cwdt end cry with immortal call, my cyclone dps is currently at 12K, since i dont use ming yet and most of my gem still low level

Last edited by Hexogen on Jan 2, 2015, 2:55:25 AM
and how did it go? :)

--

Guide completed now, all that is missing are vidoes, expect them to come in a weeks time or so.

Got a good video to show you just how hard even the low dps mf version farms end content, a strictly sick shipyard map with:

Chilled ground(literally run maybe 40% of the time in slow)
Blood Magic
Elemental Weakness (i dont have overcapped resists)
50% Regen (remember this nerfs all my leech and passive regen, in mf gear i use no life on hit)
monster physical damage reduction 30% (in mf gear i am pure physical dmg)
89% additional damage as cold
boss dmg and speed
and all rares have a nemesis mod

This for example is a downright beastly map for most builds. I think in the MF gear it takes around 7min to complete such a shipyard. GG. For a 7.3k tooltip dps build, trololo.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jan 2, 2015, 2:46:59 PM
Hi. Would Kaom's Primacy be good if I play Bloodlines and can't get my hands on an Atziri's Disfavour? Also do you go down or up in the skill tree first? Also looking for any other leveling tips if you have any. Thanks!
Just came by to show off my new axe that.. i will link when i get vorici to level 8

GG. Well, it's not +2range sadly but its still imba, both for my mf set and for stealing headhunters in group!

EDIT: 6h later, vorici 7.4-8 done. Now to buying vaals..

"
ludise wrote:
Hi. Would Kaom's Primacy be good if I play Bloodlines and can't get my hands on an Atziri's Disfavour? Also do you go down or up in the skill tree first? Also looking for any other leveling tips if you have any. Thanks!

Heya

i must admit i never leveled this one like this, it was another character before 1.3 and then got whiped... But.. i'd pretty much a standard marauder build, lots of life nodes, lots of dmg nodes etc.

If i were to guess it probably would best to go towards master of the arena first, but i think it pretty much the same. I know at least cyclone gets much better with area so that just may be best. I also think that axe is gonna work just fine to begin with, just might take a little longer to clear due area lesser, but damage wise should be fine.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jan 5, 2015, 11:43:29 PM
Now now now, i spent over 10h in trade chat to get all the loots so now its about time i unleash the potential:

+

Spoiler

+

+

=

Last edited by Crackmonster on Jan 7, 2015, 9:18:25 AM
Videos added.
Alright.. gonna give this a few more bumbs, then let it rot if no one cares :D

Sleep on one of the greatest and most satisfying builds in game, better than d2 whirlwind, and better than anything i've been playing. Even more well rounded than the op lowlifespectral thrower with mirrored gear, albeit, not THAT fast ofc, but more satisfying and easier to do atziri with even.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info