[2.0.0] Kaom's Legacy : How to Cyclone - (30C Atziri Build - Indepth Guide for Beginners)

Things tested so far in BETA:

• Viability of reduced mana gem and its consequences on using it with melee damage on full life
  • Viability of using Hypothermia together with the new Arctic Armour, leaving out the need of going reduced mana for MDOFL
  • Possible use of Reduced mana and MDOFL together with Hypothermia instead of Conc.Effect, since the "less AOE" is pretty taxing albeit only more on the QOL side of the build. (more AOE= more fun imho
  • Impact on "cast cylone" of the lates changes to cyclone (feels a little different esp. with low movementspeed, does get less impactful the more MS you have)
  • Different base Axes. Very disapointed in the nerfs of the base dmgs of all 2Hs. Might be not too bad with the change to skills giving more damage now (cyclone giving 60% base instead of 50% and 80 increased damage). Overall, still feels like a medium-big nerf.
  • Trying out muliple fortify options. Possible to use on cyclone, but I dont like it very much (since you can use hypothermia as a more multiplier in theory). Trying out Vigilante strike,but I feel the 6s are too short to stop every once in a while.
    I find Leapslam-CurseOH-warlord/punishment-vengance-fortify stronger atm, since leaping feels better then vigilant striking
  • with some nodes I generally feel very okey defensively with 7 enduring charges. the CWDT - inc. duration- Molten shell- Immortal call setup leveld up feels okey too for very tight situations.
  • If I run with hypothermia I might consider using a lowlvl CWDT setup with CWDT-Arctic Breath-inc-duration-punishment/enfeeble/blind
  • EDIT:Im playing with the Idea of using 5 frenzy charges (1 kraytin merc, 1 skilled at the duelist (3 points), 20% more damage is awesome. Blood Rage will be used certainly anyways.

That's pretty much all I got now, waiting for another wipe atm (maybe).
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
Last edited by Vincendra on Jun 7, 2015, 9:13:46 AM

Do you mean Hypothermia together with Arctic Breath or Arctic Armour?

Because i dont see AA be any useful in a cyclone build

Last edited by hitreza on Jun 7, 2015, 5:48:15 PM
What, they nerfed the base damage of 2 handers? When 2.0 goes live, are all 2 handers automatically going to have reduced damage or only new drops? Also, is it possible that with the minimum distance increased, a cyclone build with high attack speed would do more damage than a 0 attack speed build?
Last edited by Chalice on Jun 7, 2015, 10:33:56 PM
"
hitreza wrote:

Do you mean Hypothermia together with Arctic Breath or Arctic Armour?

Because i dont see AA be any useful in a cyclone build

Leaving behind a 2.5sec duration chilling ground chilling bosses not useful (esp. with hypothermia)? Mkey...

"
What, they nerfed the base damage of 2 handers? When 2.0 goes live, are all 2 handers automatically going to have reduced damage or only new drops? Also, is it possible that with the minimum distance increased, a cyclone build with high attack speed would do more damage than a 0 attack speed build?

All bases get changed, meaning that even old weapons change (all the affixes affecting the new lesser base damage). This might be not true though and there might be legacy stuff in standard (needs confirmation).

Im not too sure about the casting cyclone vs. attackspeed. On slow MS it feels like it got really nerfed by a bit, but on high MS it doesn't feel very different then on live.

Then again, I can not test properly without trade unfortunatly...

AA drains mana when you move, and with Cyclone you Move. So how can you sustain so much mana?

"
hitreza wrote:
AA drains mana when you move, and with Cyclone you Move. So how can you sustain so much mana?

If you want to discuss BETA changes, please keep up with the BETA patches/changes...

"
Vincendra wrote:
"
hitreza wrote:

If you want to discuss BETA changes, please keep up with the BETA patches/changes...

The new AA applies only when not moving. Is it really worth it ? The chill when hit could be very strong
"
Vincendra wrote:
"
hitreza wrote:

sry dude i didnt know that. i played melee and never used AA.

Very nice change, i think the new AA is supergreat!
It would be so nice if we could get the %phys reduction while cycloning :/

but guess it would be too op then
How do you plan running the auras with the "nerf" of the reduce mana ? Should we get a lvl 4 enlighten ?

Could it be a worth it running the build without auras and get the new Blood Magic keystones with the +35% of life ?
"
Inialla wrote:
How do you plan running the auras with the "nerf" of the reduce mana ? Should we get a lvl 4 enlighten ?

Could it be a worth it running the build without auras and get the new Blood Magic keystones with the +35% of life ?

Hatred + HoA + AA = 100% mana reserved, using BM to run Cyclone and Leap slam/frenzy/any other utility. Still trying out things.

I have considered running the new BM, since you could potentially use Added Fire instead of the BM Gem. Since AF got slightly buffed on the base stat, it would be nearly as good as hatred + HoA, But you lose the burn on HOA (which is pretty insignificant for the build anyways IMHO). You also lose the chance to run AA or a 2nd Herald. (With AA, you can consistently chill bosses. Also losing hatred, you won't chill any more with BM notable, means no proper use of Hypothermia)

All in all, I don't think BM cluster is worth it in the grand scheme of this build.

"

sry dude i didnt know that. i played melee and never used AA.

Very nice change, i think the new AA is supergreat!
It would be so nice if we could get the %phys reduction while cycloning :/

but guess it would be too op then

I find the chilling ground (-30 MS and - 30 Attspd) good enough as defence, although the bonus would be the cherry on top.

Last edited by Vincendra on Jun 9, 2015, 8:45:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info