1.3 Bloodlines 2H Ground Slam

"
idrgz wrote:
hows the mings heart working out ?

It didn't get me killed, so I guess it worked out alright :)

It's a pretty solid trade-off, not vital by any means but pretty srong, so I think comes down to personal preference.
Last edited by delvur on Jan 15, 2015, 10:29:22 PM
"
twiz wrote:
Hey Lazy, thanks again for the advice you gave me before.
I stuck with the 2h build (yours is so damned efficient!), and I'm still working on the 'skeleton' - focusing on all the health, some armour, and attack speed - but once I got a Faster Attacks gem linked, my god... Practically all my fears of getting multistrike locked are gone. Still decided to take the 8% Attack Speed reward (worth 2x 4% nodes) over the 18% Physical Damage (1.5 x 12% node) just to be safe and slightly more efficient.

Have another question for you... I have a prefix slot open on a pair of gloves I picked up, and I'm not sure what to craft onto it: 1-2% Life leech, 9-12% Attack speed (both cost 2 chaos), or +55-64 to Life (4 chaos, ouch)?
I don't have any life leech yet, outside of the gem linked to my Vaal Ground Slam, which I'll probably move to the gloves after chroming it 4R.

Glad you like the tree :)

Yah I agree, Cruel Krait is better budgeted than Oak in the long run for raw damage.

And I'm not sure, it really comes down to what you feel you need more. Before you do anything, I'd suggest searching poe.trade and making sure there isn't some option that provides a combination of leech/life/res/asp you can use, for a similar price to the master crafting. If not, then comes down to what you want to do, I personally would want to make sure I had life on gloves though.

I'm actually currently running Static Strike w/ Vaal Pact just to do something different, it's nice that the good 2H skills are so easily interchangeable when it comes to tree + gear.
Last edited by delvur on Jan 15, 2015, 10:29:41 PM
"
I'm actually currently running Static Strike w/ Vaal Pact just to do something different, it's nice that the good 2H skills are so easily interchangeable when it comes to tree + gear.
Can I see the links for your static?
Wasn't a huge fan of it by itself, due to the charge delay, but was amazing early. Still loving ground slam too much to even think of switching, but curious to see what you use.

Also, what did you do about chaos resistance before Ming's? Just chaos on items, like other resists? Because I can only see about 70 chaos on your linked gear, and you don't get the Life and Chaos Resist cluster in the north west of the tree.
Last edited by twiz on Jan 16, 2015, 10:54:46 AM
SS - WED - Multi - FA - Leech - Melee Phys

I just have super low Chaos, I pretty much always play with out it. Just have to be a bit careful without it this league than usual, but even without Ming's (I'm not using it again currently) I haven't really had an issue.
Last edited by delvur on Jan 18, 2015, 3:48:30 AM
Hi, currently level 61 using this build. I have 6% mana leech from items but I still cannot fully sustain the ground slam if I'm hitting a boss like farming Piety. Currently only using a 5-link without adding WED too. I'm only using Hatred and HoA because if I run HoI I can't leech the mana back quick enough. My dps with the two auras is around 21k. Any suggestions?
Now I'm level 71, still having the same issue. Tried swapping my faster attacks gem for a WED but the same problem still occurs. My character does a ground slam followed by an auto attack and he keeps repeating that cycle if I'm facing a boss. The build works great for me in packs and I really want to make the build work
"
Austy wrote:
Now I'm level 71, still having the same issue. Tried swapping my faster attacks gem for a WED but the same problem still occurs. My character does a ground slam followed by an auto attack and he keeps repeating that cycle if I'm facing a boss. The build works great for me in packs and I really want to make the build work

You may not have enough mana to allow you to leech fast enough.
Your leech is capped at 12.5% of your maximum mana per second, so roughly speaking, you need your ground slam cost x 8 max mana.

Multiple sources of leech run at the same time, but only the highest source wil actively restore a resource at any given second.
Last edited by twiz on Jan 23, 2015, 10:33:13 AM
Hey Austy sorry for not replying sooner, I have not been playing as much, and have also been playing a new character. Are you having issues with mana using multistrike? If not, using it makes a huge difference since it gives you time during the animation to leech back up.

If these issues are with multistrike, you have a few options. You can pick up mana flows in duelist or righteous decree (I think that's what it's called, the max mana + reduced skill cost node) in Templar and see if those help as temporary fixes. Getting flat mana on a couple pieces of gear could help too.

You can also use blood magic gem temporarily until you get better gear if necessary.

You mentioned this is only an issue on bosses. Since you said it's working great for packs, you could always set up a 4l single target ability for bosses and use Gs for everything else.

Another option would be to use Marohi Erqi for your weapon. I am not a huge fan of this item myself, but it's slow speed + high damage would probably fix any leech issues.

Also I wouldn't worry about not being able to run HoI for mana reasons, it is only a very tiny damage increase anyways.

Hopefully something in here helps!
Last edited by delvur on Jan 22, 2015, 8:36:36 PM
Thanks for sharing the build, lv 56 so far and made it to act 2 in merciless.
Also found some nice stuff along the way

Lvling where did you go first? did you move top or into the duelists area?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info