1.3 Bloodlines 2H Ground Slam

"
idrgz wrote:

what about mana? any problems with mana? i see you only have 1% on gloves, and no mana potion, so i guess its ok?

also its not worth to get 20Q ground slam right? nothing of value there ?

Well I also have 1% on Mace, but yah 1-2% on gear is enough for Ground Slam. It hits hard, and Multistrike creates enough of a window for mana to be leeched back. I also have enough unreserved mana that there's a buffer for another swing if I don't hit anything.

Mana is really only an annoyance on half-regen, where it can be tedious. You can bring a Hybrid in place of a health potion on those maps to help with that.

GS quality definitely isn't essential, but it certainly doesn't hurt. I'm just using the GS I got after Twilight Strand :D ... I'm leveling another in offhand to possibly flip over, but yeah I don't think it is a massive priority, but if you have quality then great.
"
"
idrgz wrote:

what about mana? any problems with mana? i see you only have 1% on gloves, and no mana potion, so i guess its ok?

also its not worth to get 20Q ground slam right? nothing of value there ?

Well I also have 1% on Mace, but yah 1-2% on gear is enough for Ground Slam. It hits hard, and Multistrike creates enough of a window for mana to be leeched back. I also have enough unreserved mana that there's a buffer for another swing if I don't hit anything.

Mana is really only an annoyance on half-regen, where it can be tedious. You can bring a Hybrid in place of a health potion on those maps to help with that.

GS quality definitely isn't essential, but it certainly doesn't hurt. I'm just using the GS I got after Twilight Strand :D ... I'm leveling another in offhand to possibly flip over, but yeah I don't think it is a massive priority, but if you have quality then great.

would you ever consider running blood magic or we need auras too much to do this ? maybe for at least easy leveling?
What are your thoughts on going 1H/Shield?

I changed the 2H to 1H/Shield passives.
You lose out on 13% Damage (189% 2h vs 176% 1h), 13% Attack Speed (27% vs 14%), 20% accuracy (RT so nothing), 20% Stun duration, 20% vs Low Life.
But gain 4% Block and 50% Shield Defense.

I'm mainly curious about the animation 'lock' from Multistrike, and the fact that I keep losing characters to desync. I was wondering if going 1H/Shield would be viable, and safer, alternative to 2H since I tend to kill everything with 2 of the 3 MultiGS hits.
"
idrgz wrote:

would you ever consider running blood magic or we need auras too much to do this ? maybe for at least easy leveling?

I personally would never consider running BM Keystone on this build, it is not a big deal to manage mana with some leech, and Auras would be a pretty significant loss. There is not much upside to BM Keystone at all imo.

I would consider BM Gem long before the keystone, because the Auras are better than a single link. Even then, I think running off mana is very manageable for GS and is the best route. So if you're having a lot of frustrations with mana, I'd recommend trying the Gem instead of the Keystone.

Yes, I suppose you could take it for leveling if you really felt the need. However, I just used a mana potion until I got some leech on gear near the end of cruel iirc. If rerolling again, I'd just use Wurm's Molt.
Last edited by delvur on Jun 5, 2015, 4:57:46 PM
"
twiz wrote:
What are your thoughts on going 1H/Shield?

I changed the 2H to 1H/Shield passives.
You lose out on 13% Damage (189% 2h vs 176% 1h), 13% Attack Speed (27% vs 14%), 20% accuracy (RT so nothing), 20% Stun duration, 20% vs Low Life.
But gain 4% Block and 50% Shield Defense.

I'm mainly curious about the animation 'lock' from Multistrike, and the fact that I keep losing characters to desync. I was wondering if going 1H/Shield would be viable, and safer, alternative to 2H since I tend to kill everything with 2 of the 3 MultiGS hits.

Hi, the animation lock from Multi is one of the reasons I stayed away from Marohi, and made sure to use a relatively fast rare. At my current attack speed, I haven't been to bothered by it myself.

I have not personally done 1H Groundslam but I am sure it is viable and works just fine. :)

It is probably just a case of sacrificing damage potential for added defenses and mobility. One thing I'd possibly suggest on your tree is taking Solidarity and Testudo, since if you're going to run shield I'd want to try and take full advantage of it. That'd be completely up to you and if you feel the block is worth it though.
Hi, looks good. Do you use Leap Slam as single target?
"
Based on his gear/gems, I would think so.
Either that, or he just Ground Slams everything. If you've got the speed and GS fast, then why not?

Good alternatives for single targets are Glacial Hammer and Double Strike. Glacial has some Effects advantages over Double, but Double does more damage. Given the damage output, I'd say Glacial is the better choice, but maybe speed is higher with Double.
Last edited by twiz on Jan 7, 2015, 11:34:56 PM
6L Mace acquired, using WED for now.

"
twiz wrote:
"
Based on his gear/gems, I would think so.
Either that, or he just Ground Slams everything. If you've got the speed and GS fast, then why not?

Good alternatives for single targets are Glacial Hammer and Double Strike. Glacial has some Effects advantages over Double, but Double does more damage. Given the damage output, I'd say Glacial is the better choice, but maybe speed is higher with Double.

I am just using GS for everything, I feel that I have enough damage I don't want to sacrifice any of my links for a designated single target ability. For awhile I kept a Heavy Strike in my offhand to swap into my main link for certain bosses. You can do this, or you can always setup a single target link with Heavy/Double/Glacial or whatever.
Last edited by delvur on Jan 8, 2015, 11:08:25 PM
hows the mings heart working out ?
Hey Lazy, thanks again for the advice you gave me before.
I stuck with the 2h build (yours is so damned efficient!), and I'm still working on the 'skeleton' - focusing on all the health, some armour, and attack speed - but once I got a Faster Attacks gem linked, my god... Practically all my fears of getting multistrike locked are gone. Still decided to take the 8% Attack Speed reward (worth 2x 4% nodes) over the 18% Physical Damage (1.5 x 12% node) just to be safe and slightly more efficient.

Have another question for you... I have a prefix slot open on a pair of gloves I picked up, and I'm not sure what to craft onto it: 1-2% Life leech, 9-12% Attack speed (both cost 2 chaos), or +55-64 to Life (4 chaos, ouch)?
I don't have any life leech yet, outside of the gem linked to my Vaal Ground Slam, which I'll probably move to the gloves after chroming it 4R.
Last edited by twiz on Jan 15, 2015, 7:37:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info